News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Slightly...unusual Army for starting Chaos.  (Read 32428 times)

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
Re: Slightly...unusual Army for starting Chaos.
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »
Hey just had to say the background you have for this army is amazing sounds really interesting !
and ill be keeping my eye on this thread ;)

my only question is your marines move like white noise so when you paint your models and convert them
are you going to paint/model anything on them to represent their untuned tv movement? (if im making any sense :P)
You are. I'm not actually that sure how I can make them look as distorted and tv static-y as they appear in my head. Vehicles will surely be easier.

Taking '...' as an example. He's been dead a long time, and this Warp Scream effect has washed away any identity he ever had. The warpfire is playing through his suit and phantom limb, animating him, driven on by dead souls and the machinations of hate.

The armour would be grey with a sort of radioactive yellow trim and detail. The joins would be black with a grey highlights. The warpfire would be an agitated blue, turquoise.

An army where every Marine is an echo of another, to the point where it's impossible to tell what is real and what is simply white noise. Very open to suggestions, themes, colours. Can be devastating if they manage to coordinated themselves.

Quite possibly, the suit AI has been corrupted by eons old electronic junk, passing from star to star and black hole to black hole, never created or destroyed, just changing form. Some whisper of codes, of mechanical torment, the dying screaming of a million million machine minds, the screaming void noise turning them insane and washing away any personality. The repeated number '6' holds some special significance. Others say it is just that, meaningless junk. Obscure things learned in Warp-speak, some echo of modern-day machine and mainline.
Practice excision, if something become corrupt, you cut it off. Due to psychogenic effects and the Warp, you get a working phantom limb. Their minds are destroyed by this very process.

Listen to PiL's
Death Disco to get the sense of the entire army. Unhinged, full of echo, reverb and impossibly heavy base. Just that feeling of unfocused hate, confusion, sneering pain.
The whole army's inspired by Metal Box.

Oh, and thanks.
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline moberg

« Reply #21 on: February 8, 2008, 09:37:36 AM »
Amazing work! Great thread man! you've got me all inspired now :) i wish you all the best luck with your project, keep it up man, and keep us updated with new pics as you get them.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 05:26:05 PM »
Began thinking on the timeline of the Nihil Rifles project and how the Outsiders and the Agents would fit in.

250 years ago:
Chapter founded.
Several major victories and Mental Man.
Links with SoB- New Beginnings of His Message.
Vladimir and Estragon recruited into Grey Knights.
Various Anomie Regiments founded.
Planetwide revolution on Ortega.

200 years ago:

Ortegan Inquisitor Acci Meiden exposes e.
Heresy.
e takes to the Warp, slaughtering every Loyalist he finds on the way out.
Begininngs of Corpse Titan and space hulk.
Annalisa is captured.
Various evil deeds.
Vladimir and Estragon fight against e.

50 years ago:

Mono recruited into Guard.
Mono taken on as Acolyte under T, an Inquisitor.
Mono explores Nihil with Di.
Rogue Inquisitor T attacks and is killed.
Greviously injured, Mono makes a pact with the planet.
Di is interned in Necron Tomb.
Inquistor Mono kills Arger, radical Inquisitor attached to NBoHM Order.
Finds Null, a remnant of the Outsiders.
Various Inquisitorial escapades. (Think Fear and Loathing in Ulthwe. 'We were somewhere around Armageddon when the drugs started to kick in...')

35 years ago
Anomien 88th do their evil business in Sabbat World Crusades.
Small insurrection on allied Forge World Leylandii-4:
                                          Clean.

20 years ago:

Severly reduced in number, they return home to find Anomie Exterminatus'd.
The Trooper
Still
Go to Nihil, the Death World.
Joined by the Commissar.
Eldar attacks.
Paralysed
As it Should Be
The Commissar is a Man of Action.
Mono awakes Nihil.
C'tan Outsider steers Nihil towards Eye of Terror.
Large-scale battle between Necrons, the remnants of the Anomien 88th, the Ortegan Hateful 5th, the Outsiders and assorted Chaos legions, Grey Knights and Ulthwe.
The Commissar snaps out of mind-control and executes the possessed Mono.
Estragon and Vladimir turn insane from Outsider.
Numbers swollen by Anomie survivors, Non-borns and Anomie colonies on various subjugated planets.
The Death World is succesfully terraformed.

Present day:

The Nihil Rifles, lead by the Commissar, find a balance between chaos (an insanity) and order(an insanity).
Deployed in several theatres.
Conflict between old hardcore like Null and Egal with new recruits.
The Commissar secretly carries on the 'Work'.
Hunted by e, Eldar.
Vladimir returns as Knight of Aponia.

As you can see, it's pretty extensive.
It's been bubbling for the best part of a year, after I decided to take a break after several projects I had going. And then I started up a whole other universe of stuff, oh dear...
« Last Edit: May 4, 2008, 04:18:41 AM by No Love Lost »
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 04:56:05 PM »
Onto the recruiting process for the pre-Heresy Outsiders.

The Progenitor Chapter for the then-Recluses was the Ultramarines.
However, the gene-seed became altered (or was altered) in transit or in situ.
Defects in the Melanochromic Organ and Ossmodula lead to frighteningly pale and freakishly stretched Marines. They appeared to be diseased, elongated white spiders.

Poor metabolic synchronisation lead to a gaunt aspect and psychotic tendencies in the first generation. These flaws were later ironed out but remained latent.
Another side-effect was an overlarge Omophagea, making to the Chapter unusually open to themes and suggestion. This was corrected with extensive psychotherapy, but later exploited by e.

From the start, the Recluses resisted Guilliman's codex teachings. They favoured terror, vengeful retribution and urban conflict.

The final part of initiation trials for Noviates was to make it across the city of Interzone (if you've read Naked Lunch you'll know what I'm talking about). Half the initiates were killed, corrupted entirely and became crime over lords or joined the Exhibition, killing for a prize. Major Null may be part of this contingent.

The Ultramarines washed their hands of the Recluses at this point, feeling the Chapter had already split from them.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
Recluses motto:
Vereor est Animadverto, Formidonis est Animadverto.
Terror's the Reality.(Co-opted from 'Terror's the Certainty').

e's Force weapon is named Narthex, an entry to a church.
Vladimir's Daemon Weapon is No's Knife.

Actually thought I should post up a description of Interzone, taken from William S. Burrough's 'Naked Lunch':

'... Gaming tables where the games are played for incredible stakes. From time to time a player leaps up with a despairing cry, having lost his youth to an old man or become Latah to his opponent. But there are higher stakes than youth or Latah, games where only two players in the world know what the stakes are...

...The City is visited by epidemics of violence, and the untended dead are eaten by vultures in the streets. Albinos blink in the sun. Boys sit in trees, languidly masturbate. People eaten by unknown diseases watch the passerby with evil, knowing eyes.

In the City Market is the Meet Cafe. Followers of obsolete, unthinkable trades doodling in Etruscan, addicts of drugs not synthesized, pushers of souped-up harmine, junk reduced to pure habit offering precarious vegetable serenity, liquids to induce Latah, Tithonian longevity serums, black marketeers of World War III, excisors of telepathic sensitivity, osteopaths of the spirit, investigators of infractions denounced by bland paranoid chess players, servers of fragmentary warrants taken down in hebephrenic shorthand charging unspeakable mutilations of the spirit, bureaucrats of spectral departments, officials of unconstituted police states, a Lesbian dwarf who has perfected operation Bang-utot, the lung erection that strangles a sleeping enemy, sellers of orgone tanks and relaxing machines, brokers of exquisite dreams and memories tested on the sensitised cells of junk sickness and bartered for raw materials of the will, doctors skilled in the treatment of diseases dormant in the black dust of ruined cities, gathering virulence in the white blood of eyesless worms feeling slowly to the surface and the human host, maladies of the ocean floor and the stratosphere, maladies of the laboratory and atomic war... A place where the unknown past and the emergent future meet in a vibrating soundless hum... Larval entities waiting for a Live One...'

Thought the entire book could be cut up and folded into the Nihil Rifles project. It'd make for a lovely Dark Heresy game, Agents (Inquisition) taking on Liquifactionists (Chaos of some amorphous guise) in the City. 'excisors of telepathic sensitivity cries out Culexus surgery, , investigators of infractions denounced by bland paranoid chess players, servers of fragmentary warrants taken down in hebephrenic shorthand charging unspeakable mutilations of the spirit, bureaucrats of spectral departments, officials of unconstituted police states would make for an interesting Arbites unit and a Lesbian dwarf who has perfected operation Bang-utot, the lung erection that strangles a sleeping enemy would make for an entertaining assassin class *cough*.

Our City of Interzone is best described as a mixture of the above, Necromunda Hive and 60's New York as described in a Velvet Underground song. The Planet itself, Anomie, is a prime recruiting ground for the Inquisition. All varieties of assassins are drawn from Anomie, but particularly Culexus and Eversor. A Black Ship is in near constant orbit. Rogue traders, freaks, outsiders and the alienated congregate on the planet.

The people are rumoured to be Dark Eldar tainted, and the concentration of psychic blanks on the planet has garnered Inquisitorial interest. Ordos Xenos fear a Necrontyr corruption of Imperial Seed.

Whatever the cause, the people of Anomie are cruel and sadistic, black humoured and blank. They make excellent soldiers, their skill in guerilla fighting, terror and nuclear, biological and chemical warfare outweighing numerous atrocities on subjugated peoples. Almost.
They are distrusted by High Command, and quite rightly so.
Sick, but gifted in the bleak arts.

Anomie was subjected to Exterminatus after a planetwide Chaos insurrection, Libertarianism turned Anarchy turned Chaos Undivided.

There's a pile of stuff, but it's all over the place at the mo'.
Nearly a year working on the entire project now. So many great ideas waiting to be recycled, to be cut up and folded into the greater body of work...
Lol.

Offline Greggor Sin, the Jolly

• Steampunk: Yeah, it's kind of like that
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2008, 05:41:08 PM »
As other people have posted, and I'm sure you're well aware of, this is some SICK (read: well-organized, well-planned, overwhelming) fluff!!!  The merest reading of it has sponsored avalanches of philosophy and thought!

I'm not going to lie, I'm not as into the models as much as I'm into the fluff, but you have to admit that an idea like that on paper can hardly be brought out via the limitations of modelling.

And of course, I have to point out, while the fluff is amazingly great, the army itself is hardly going to need it.  You couldn't have just settled for: "8x Chosen, 1x PF, 1x IoCG, Rhino" ?  What I mean is, there's going to be a list, right?  And there will be battles, right?  Even if you win those battles, your opponent might not care about the Birth and Growth of each individual model.

Don't take me too harshly.  You're amazing.

EDIT: PS: Go me, 400th Post!

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »
I don't even know why I do these kind of things. I started with an idea for an absurdly bleak comic set at the end of the human race, then the rough idea of it was recycled for a Guard army, the0th Anomien Guard then it became a question of taking those doctines and expanding them into characters. Conscripts? I was going to need an Independent Commissar to lead them, he needed fluff.
Thus the bleak, brutal and corrosive Commissar was born.

I needed officers, I threw 2 names on a page, Lieutenant- Colonel Mono and Major Null. My brain then began making characters, plotlines and incidents. An idea for Neon Genesis Evangelion-inspired Sisters of Battle were worked into the fluff, and Mono became an undercover Inquisitor hunting down the rogue Arger (read: Ikari). Null became an obvious Priest (an Onanist monk, a Faplain!).

I wanted to start up a marine force (or get someone else to) and an idea for Smiths-style Marines failed horribly. Then I listened to Metal Box, and got the idea for another chapter, that this thread is currently host to. Ideas proliferate like cancer. In excising them from myself, I give the rest of ye something to look at.

I've been here on 40k Online for just over a year now.
'Tis great to have a place where I can constructively spew all this junk and have someone think it's great.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not as into the models as much as I'm into the fluff, but you have to admit that an idea like that on paper can hardly be brought out via the limitations of modelling.
I'll take your point, I'm never going to be the cleanest sculptor or most detailed painter, I'm really only doing this for my own pleasure. It's very cathartic to get all this pain onto a page. I know it's toy soldiers (and can never forget that), but maybe, just maybe, I might be changing people's ideas and giving a bit of inspiration.

I thought I should get back into the aul' 40k after suffering a series of epileptic fits brought on by drugs and heavy drinking. I had several projects of larger scope than what's on the site, but they were going nowhere. I wanted to do something for fun and get away from what my life had become.

And I'm Irish, coming from a land of Beckett and Joyce I had to do the old sod
proud and write a load of crap.
Thanks.

As for army lists:
1000 points themed Armour.

1000 points mixed.

The pre-Heresy chapter is based off Recluse Spiders.
The full motto is 'Terror's the Certainty, Evil the Putrid Excess of Self-Righteous and Self-Justifying Goodness.' Sounds great, means nearly nothing: Those who actively say they are in the Emperor's light are those with the least faith. The Recluses fought in the grey, for the grey, with the grey.

SWEEPING EDITS:
Rhino with horrible cut-up garbage spewed everywhere, really dregs of it, sick evil civilisation, the basic human rottenness, the sex that passes the censor. Physically painfull to look upon it, makes the eyes hurt to see it.

Be like a Rhino with 5 inch billboard coming out of a groove behind the doors on top, with small vertical battens to hold the removeable plasticard board in place.

make the Rhino tentative ectoplasmic flesh, conveying itself with rancid pseudopodia, like some manner of de- anxeityised amoeba, not controlled by organelles, just dividing and dividing and dividing.

Awful wretched things, the lowest forms of base pathic appeal, the diseased distorted cut-up of millions of atrophied, wasted lives. The pleas of innocents, sex traders, snatches of TV jingles and cavemen chants.
GOD WILL REWARD YOU FOR YOUR GOOD HEARTS.

Horrible echoes of machine and mainline, the awful accumulation of some new insectid life, given birth by the build up of knowledge. IT KNOWS. IT SEES.

raw bleeding piles...menstrual cramps....ahhhh, 3 fingers...wouldn't you?... millions could be wrong.... sacrificed to keep the god-barrel emperor clean and sweet smelling...And then that innocent little child would lead them right into the middle of a minefield where they would all get blown to smithereens, not all countries have uniforms that say SHOOT ME I AM THE BAD GUY...Scholfeemr cfeemt do not beslubber feemround.
he feem pop glocking on ur be-atch feemzz... he feem degree, feemnd he feem hot u like degreez...!!!1!!STRAP ELOHHTUOM YM NI deppaf I...it's probably a fetish for the forbidden. Who wants to look at panties when they are flashed all the time?...Choosing bad holes for all the little boys and girls.... MACHO LACRIMATIONS... No more broken hearts, just black eyes... Hidden smiles, fisting in aisles... Tea and smiles now, but in 2 weeks they have you trained to amphetamine parrot on sight of them, and ejaculate with shame whenever the Emperor thrusts a mile wide golden ethereal phallus into your ether. This is His light, and it shines from his Monumental white lighthouse, protoplasm spurting white-hot into the mouths of thousands.
International, transdimensional. It’s what they don’t tell you in the primer...I swear I once saw this Tyrannic organism with an orgone it used to batter tanks with. It beslubbered the dry way through reinforced rockcrete and plasteel and flooded acid bath on High Command, screaming ‘I COME’ in insectid dulcet tones, the Commissar neckshotting those who ran rather than drown in ant sperm...Hits on a re-roll, fails to wound.

Thread over.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:08:11 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #27 on: March 8, 2008, 04:21:30 PM »

The Idiot [Insane]:
The Ultramarine Force Commander originally overseeing the Recluses, Captain Crassus was taken hostage and later mind-drilled by e himself. Humiliated and then co-opted under psychic control, his body passed numbly into the ranks of the Outsiders. Became insane like ANgle#, spikes began to grow from his undead flesh. It was around this time he became possessed by a Hollow. He sought out his original power sword and storm bolter, and seized command of the squad he had drifted into. Torn between what he once knew and what he is now trapped in, Zuvassin can only smile at his plight. Just as planned...

He's still a WIP, toying with the idea of putting a drill bit through the hole where his right eye was and giving him the usual Outsiders treatment. He'll be finished at a much later date. Salvaged from an IG commander.

AjkA61**7048#[...]:
*Cough* Sort of a looted Ork... A Khorne Berzerker was slain while fighting alongside the Outsiders against an Ork Waagh that had become trapped in the Eye of Terror. By some confusing process... God, I don't know. Basically, the Berserker was trapped in the backpack that the Ork had looted along with some power armoured legs. The Berzerker became self-aware and used the Outsider's traits to grow tentacles with which to control the Ork. He slapped a multi-melta where the Ork's face used to be, and uses the Orkish ability to make anything work by simply believing in it, combined with the Outsider's traits, to exist and to remain alive, for the simple joys of indiscriminate slaughter. *Cough*

The little tube on the hand cannon is from a 2nd edition plastic guardian, the body is an Ork torso, the legs are assault marines. The backpack was a Berzerker's, noticed a little face on it, jacked it up on the torso and began greenstuffing a brain coming out of the backback, representing the Berzerk's will to live.

Scoop [Sane]:Insanely bloated Havok who lost the use of his legs in the Shelliac Purging, replacing them with a landspeeders anti-gravity unit. Envious of other, more psychical receptive Marines gaining promotions, he drilled his squad until they reached 90% combat efficiency.

Following the Heresy, he drugged his little lads, butchering them with electronics, augmetic tissue stuffed with fibre optics, proud Marine flesh made anew in graven machine image. In the confusion, he settled his score with Jecht, and corrupted the Devastator sergeant and his squad, making them utterly thrall to his ego.

Scoop now floats above it all, directing dead hands, dead eyes and dead brains through electronic junk. The blunt will grind you down.

Despises and desires e's powers. A tyrant.
Armed with rocket launcher, Jecht is the sergeant.

Still a WIP, missing major greenstuffing and plenty of wires and antennae.

+++

Also began work on converting old 3rd ed Terminators into Chaos ones. Basically, a transport carrying ruined suits of Tactical Dreadnaught armour for refitting became isolated in a warp storm and was raided by the Outsiders. The Hollows then possessed these suits of armour, and several later became infected by the Obliterator virus. Eventually, every last one will become a conglomeration of hate and weapons systems. Going to be awesome when I get around to it.

And eh... that's pretty much it for the night.

EDIT: Regarding the Smiths style Marines: These Charming Marines, a Lamentors progentitor Chapter. Unfortunately, some flaw in the geneseed made them liable to mope around in bedsits, moaning about their life as servants of the Emperor. Say things like: Horus, It was really nothing... Hand in (power)glove... I would crusade tonight, but I haven't got a shell to spare... etc. Chapter emblem is a daffodil intertwined with a hearing aid.
Chapter Master Mozymandias' voice is renouned across the Segmentum.

Chapter Anthem
Another Battle-Hymn, intercut with interview with Mozymandias
Excerpt:
Inquisitor: So how does it feel to be a "sex symbol", given what you just said?

Mozymandias: Well I get these letters, and I read them, and I fight, and we appear on the battlefield, and girls scream, and you know they want to touch me, and I kind of look at them and I read these letters, and I look at the whole thing and I say well yes its very interesting but, I do feel slightly detached...to associate with this person which would receive these letters, this kind of sexual person, this desirable person...its not really me.

He has been celibate for 200 years.

There is a light that never goes out (dedicated to the Astronomican)
« Last Edit: March 8, 2008, 04:53:19 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Arkion

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »
Good lord.  This is amazing.  I really want to go off my antidepressants, get some rum and some mushrooms and re-read this.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 02:24:23 PM »
Good lord.  This is amazing.  I really want to go off my antidepressants, get some rum and some mushrooms and re-read this.
Strange, I wrote this (bar odd weekends of codeine, clove oil and alcohol) while sober as a judge. I am naturally off my beslubbering rocker, and as such, amn't under ordinary constraints. The more you do with an open mind, the more radical you become. So brew that 'shroom tea, and myself and e shall open the Word Hoard:

++
Intercepted by Inquisitor Lord SB Marakov one hour before the renegade Chapter 'The Outsiders' made planetfall on Telluria-9, a civilised world of over 6 billion souls.
++

'The beaten child. The betrayed wife. The politician over a mass grave. Never again, they all say. They say it still. Everyone's waiting for some final straw, for something to fight for. Husbanding strength for a final sprint, waiting for someone to blow the whistle and shout to them 'come on! you can do it now!'

Not to challenge a status quo, because it reflects badly on us all. The Outsider sits in his cell and wonders about his mother's death. The perception gap: 40,000 years ago they promised Utopia. How is today? Absolutism, defeated only by true entropy. Ah, entropy, my first love. 'Hey guys! We won!' A choice between arrogant self- sufficiency and fear-numbed tastebuds. But he's not at all thirsty. We, denied, our Other beaten back by their Order. Their terror, our pissour er terror heh heh heh.

Stockholm syndrome. Identifying with your oppressors. Mother, mother, why won't you look at me MOTHER??!! 'Hidden fisting, windows misting, doing the piss thing. Urinary tract, By parasites attacked, rotted penis, turning black. Thrusting. Cops busting in on meatspin.com. NO FUTURE with the atom bomb.'
Seen it in her eyes. She just becomes a tube of meat when you're finished, any identity brutally washed away by fists, knees and knives. Held guns, crucified nuns, baked buns.

Genuinely the worst people. Total freedom, freedom to do whatever we wanted. Image of woman, shot in head, dumped out of car with dead baby. They'd removed it's fingernails with pliers to make the mother talk. People say it's sick: it happened in your world first. When politicians talk about freedom, freedom to do what you want to do, do what you want to do: go out and get loaded.

Never answered it, only walked away from the question. I who said I would never have any regrets, don't want to regret anything. I'm still crying after 200 years. Things aren't simple. I worked so hard to have a normal life. Maed with the money, the romance. Met her family. Worked so very hard on convincing myself. Said again and again 'the self is mutable' until I had almost convinced myself. I can't expunge this. More than a decade I gave it to fester. Pretended that I was doing everything I wanted to. Still unfulfilled. Gave it everything. He's got the most beautiful handwriting... It's still not too late.

Reality is the illusion- hallucinogenics, mental illness or forms of epilepsy, break your machinery, allowing you to SEE that everything is subjective, is an overcomplicated interpretation of DATA. Once you see it. See the machine communing with binary, know that the expression of your entire being also rests on: an on or off switch, a one a zero, id est a CHROMOSOME. [Plays musical clip of seminal 80's techno hit] What is love? Because love is dead. This is two vessels of deoxyribonucleic acid grinding to stay warm in the void. More so than anything else, relationships consist of a fireteam capable of taking on the world. Forget what your vox-pops have sold you: all you have now is one another. So breed, the best of you may make it through.

We are prepared to sacrifice our lives in order to assert the values we believe to be true. We don't care whether you worship us, fight us or fear us, we don't care whether the orbital bombardment kills you, whether a daemon eviscerates you, or a bolter obliterates you, we don't care if you pray to your Emperor, hide or choose to kill yourself, in fact, we don't really care anything. We aren't going to lie to you. We're here to kill you. When your propaganda falls silent and your data-slate dies, and the drop-pods start falling, we hope you'll see the truth. We hope you'll see the truth. We hope you'll see the truth. We hope you'll see the truth....####kkkkrshhr7diosdiosdios¬+-*
.'

+++TRANSMISSION ENDS+++

Encountered this through a series of tubes. Pretty much the crux of my Rhino/Amoeba idea. The second concept detailed, that of a cut-up propaganda machine has been seperated. It's going transport Oldstyles + Babyhands' squad.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 05:30:26 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »

Oldstyle [Sane]:The Aspiring Champion of First Squad. Keen to distance himself from his Loyalist identity, he killed another Chaos Space Marine and stole his armour. The loyalist helmet on his trophy rack may in fact be his own, something he actively denies. If you ask him, he'll say he was there at Terra in M.31. His old helmet whispers to him. He screams out at night 'I'M HAPPY.' Orders everyone else to relishes their new Chaotic selves, as much as he does.

He secretly inflicted matching scars on his stolen helmet.

So I got a box of the new CSM recently, and the build has been slow. I was slightly miffed to find out that they had removed the Mutations frame, but that was balanced out by the inclusion of far, far more weapons and bitz.
Lol.

Offline Pika_power

« Reply #31 on: April 1, 2008, 01:22:17 AM »
Well I had an idea for a paint job...

You could paint them white, then get a fine detail (or even a crap one bristle brush!) and put lots and lots of black streaks.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #32 on: April 6, 2008, 03:52:48 PM »
Well I had an idea for a paint job...

You could paint them white, then get a fine detail (or even a crap one bristle brush!) and put lots and lots of black streaks.
That's not a bad idea. I like the idea of grey, streaked with a black staining decay and these pure white eyes. And they'd just be staring.

Just staring.

Although I particularly like the Marines on the current background of 40kO, they are closer that what I originally envisioned, this faceless grey nanite tide. sweeping away any hope of resistance. That's why I found them so appealing, they could be no bargaining, they were implacable, a force of nature, like a virus or a cancer. Better still, a scalpel. So black, highlighted weakly with grey, then turning that irradiated warpfire blue. Mutations would be as you suggested, that speckled black and white static.

They wouldn't even speak... Oldstyle and Babyhands would be the only human ones remaining. They'd remember Anomie but... no one else would. The other members of the squad would turn and look to them... but those blank white eyes would just stare on through, no hint of recollection, of anything. It would be an army of painful absences, more white than white, more black than black.

They move as though they were one, never breaking pace or stride, never even running. Just standing. Staring. Then suddenly they are inside you, in front, between and behind your lines. Every certainty you ever knew is gone. Everything you believe in falls to the floor in bloody gobbets. You stumble face first into a grey wall. From above, two blank holes burn though you. You never turn to see the monoknife that ends you. You don't even feel it...

I've made a mistake in giving the Marines so much individualism. I didn't set out for them to become Codex: Naked Lunch, I set out to make
a faceless grey nanite tide of Marines.
Once again, I've overwritten it. So, here I back off. I might even retcon Zuvassin out of the fluff.

Despite that, I figure Zuvassin to be the Chaos God of human tragedy. Man is driven to destroy his own happiness. The inherent free will involved in that self-sabotage is what gives Zuvassin his power. Like Tzeench is hope, Khorne is pride, Slaanesh is enjoyment and Nurgle is comfort, Zuvassin is the god of our tragedy.

The Anonymous: (Chosen)
So open to themes and suggestions that enemy squads have used them for cover, only to find that cover grip its shoulder with a lightning claw. They're alway behind you. When you turn around they're still in the mirror. Staring. Just staring. Then they reach out... and Touch you.

Have moved to a 5th dimension in which space and time are relative, and can cross sectors in a eyeblink. Most feared are the days, weeks and even years preceeding an invasion of the Outsiders. The Anonymous blend with the population, and are so blank, so unassuming, that no one can tell what is real and what is just white noise. Bodies appear in crowded marketplaces, triggering mass panics. Blank figures are seen by public buldings, standing like sentinels. No one remarks, because they know they are the only ones to see them.

Late nights, walking home up a back alleyway and you feel this presence. Few drinks on you, figure it's nothing. Keep walking. As you turn, slightest hum of servitor motors. Hiss of hydraulics. Then... nothing.

Your daughter finds you in an armchair the morning afterwards. You stare straight ahead. Only when she tugs your sleeve do you fall into perfect slices and die.

Corridors with scratches going from one end to another. The Planetary Governer wakes one morning to find his home totally empty, his family gone, his personal guard gone and no trace they ever existed. All the windows and doors hang open like empty graves. He wakes with a knife on his chest. It's drenched in his own blood.

'My sister died when she was 6 years old. She drowned. I was 10 at the time. I told everyone that I wasn't paying attention to her when she went into the water, but the truth is I was.

I was in the water with her. I held her down.'
The diarist reads it, and weeps.

*Cough* so yeah.... They all have lightening claws. And infiltrate. Maybe a powerfist or a melta, and an IoS, to represent them always getting the drop on a foe.

« Last Edit: April 6, 2008, 04:19:48 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline Cripple, Whose Corporeal Form is Now a Shade of Blue

• Interesting....
    • My photobucket, full of all my wonderful WIPs and completed minis!
« Reply #33 on: April 6, 2008, 06:06:41 PM »
very nice.... very macabre.
I like it....

Win/loss since 8/26/09
                    W/D/L
40k Demons   4  0  0
Tau                2  2  2
vamp. counts  3  0  1
fant. daemons 7  0  1
skaven            1 1  1

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 01:29:53 PM »
Those Chosen are going to run something like : AC with LCs, 3 more with LCs, 1 melta, IoS, with a Rhino, maybe. But where to get 4 matching sets of LCs?

I was originally planning to have a metric tonne of possessed Vindicators, and I'm probably going to buy the Apoc boxed set, then proxy them as Rhinos for smaller games. Wrote a poem called 'The Vindicator' today:

"Catalytic cannon convulses, caught me, the Conscript, cowering outside cover, crushed the crania of comrades, commanders, contained inside our compromised cache, now their catacomb, their corpse cavern.

Craven cowards, those Chaos Corps; cast 'cantations, left me catatonic, cursing central comforts of the Commissariat. Cured by cthonic cathartic hate, I come full circle, seeking co-sanguineous killing, Chaotic communion; claw crashing through class consciousness and clear conclusions.

I, now the Cultist, charge in my cataclysmic, cacophonous coffin, chewing through tired truths with chainsword.

Cough, cry hem, I come!"

That's going to be written on the side of a Vindicator now driven by a Guardsman robbed out of a IG tank sprue. Should be good fun when I get it done.
Lol.

Offline Arkion

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »
That Rhino is sick.  I love it.  WOW.

I've printed off most of your Nihil Rifles Cycle and am reading it this morning over some weak tea and Mountain Dew, not mixed.

Very refreshing.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »
That Rhino is sick.  I love it.  WOW.

I've printed off most of your Nihil Rifles Cycle and am reading it this morning over some weak tea and Mountain Dew, not mixed.

Very refreshing.
Cool. It's a laugh that I'm re-using 'Clean' for my final English paper 1 exam in June, with all the 40k references excised. I used it in the mocks and got 84/100, having memorised a version that was edited by a far better writer than I am. Of all the stories I wrote, I love 'The Trooper' the most. That far-out feeling you get past midnight on the streets. I was going to revisit it, add in more, I dunno.

Forget about 'Against it All...', it was filled with fail and AIDS. I am inahrrested in beginning once more over the summer. Very inahrrested.
Lol.

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
Found a strip of film negatives while on a psychodrift around Dublin. Rather than being the torture porn or paranormal I had hoped, it was (rather disappointingly) tourist snaps. I felt like I had stolen a part of someone's soul by taking it, as though I had power over them. Then I felt ill, and had to sit down for a while.

Found it in my pocket today, got the idea for another Demolisher: Camera Obscura: with lens mounted in place of demo cannon, takes pictures. Derived from the notion that camera steals part of soul. Now upscale that. Capable of demolishing buildings, their purpose taken from them. Roll of film negatives sprouting from the back, try to focus on the Outsider's holiday snaps, the images wash and separate in a meaningless mosaic...

e confronts Ultramarine Chapter Master, asks why he never got the recognition he felt he deserved. Because they were a stealth regiment. Anonymity was their power. Rank and file Recluses held an anarchic individualism above all else. Marines were often dropped just in combat squads over a series of months, bringing planets down from within. Because of their independence, often find themselves in the employ of Inquisitors

But e etches all that away. They are now an Anonymous legion. Now everyone's the same.

Babyhand and Oldstyle are the last two at an intergalactic party, everyone else is a beslubbering zombie...

Marine HQ actually in the city of Interzone, explains cityfighting skills (most monasteries are located in harsh,dangerous environs, giving the Marines the skills that kill in these scenic locales). Few remaining Loyalists in Reclusium? The Chaplain? What of Null? How does he fit in to it all?

e condemned as a Sender by Anomien Factualist party. Inquisitor Spurroughs: 'Emphatically we do not oppose telepathic research. In fact, telepathy properly used and understood could be the ultimate defense against any form of organized coercion or tyranny on the part of pressure groups or individual control addicts. We oppose, as we oppose atomic war, the use of such knowledge to control, coerce, debase, exploit or annihilate the individuality of another living creature. Telepathy is not, by its nature, a one-way process. To attempt to set up a one-way telepathic broadcast must be regarded as an unqualified evil ...'

And then e takes his fascistic regime to the Eye, but ultimately, in pleading to Zuvassin the Undoer, will only bring himself down. So Zuvassin would be like the factualist sting in the ass, and the Utramarine and Imperial forces arrayed against e would be the red rubber strap on. He's beslubbered, either way.

Also, segami rennab:

etc... anything conflicting, violent, erotic. I'm leaving this space/time for a while. Another land, another place.

^______________________________________^

EDIT: I might just print out Shintaro Kago manga and sellotape it to everything. NOW, SING WITH ME!!!!
« Last Edit: May 1, 2008, 04:41:03 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.

Offline CobraCommander

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 04:10:14 PM »
I like what you're doing, but none the less...It's pretty freakin messed up. Which is cool. I enjoyed reading this thread. I liked your conversions. The dread, and the rhino mostly. And I like your idea for the camera tank... Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin messed up. But that's cool. I wish I had thought up something half as good as this. Keep it up, I'll check in from time to time.

COOOOBBBBRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
W/L/D for 5th Edition
Splinter Fleet Aquaticus: 0/0/2 - 2.5k total pts
Iron Warriors: 7/1/2 - 4k total pts
W/L/D for 8th Edition
Beastmen: 0/5/2 - 3k total pts

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #39 on: May 1, 2008, 05:13:54 PM »
I like what you're doing, but none the less...It's pretty freakin messed up. Which is cool. I enjoyed reading this thread. I liked your conversions. The dread, and the rhino mostly. And I like your idea for the camera tank... Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin messed up. But that's cool. I wish I had thought up something half as good as this. Keep it up, I'll check in from time to time.

COOOOBBBBRRRRAAAA!!!!!!!
Lol.

Some kind of Hollow Greater Daemon? Suppresses peoples awareness of its presence and actions. Name: Empty

It becomes interested in your squad, and wanders along with you. It's not invisible, but your eyes just sort of slide off of it. You want to look away from it, and then you don't remember seeing it.

When it gets curious, it just grabs one of you starts biting chunks off with its shark-like mouth.

You sort of vaguely miss the victim, but you can't quite comprehend why he's missing, and you get confused when you try to think about it.

Meanwhile, it's right there with you, fascinated by all of your activities, staring down at you with its black eyes, panting through its open mouth, thinking about which one of you to eat next. And you just can't manage to think about it.

Also, planning an making an upright Defiler, masquerading as a captured Imperial Knight Titan named Stackt, with a princeps named Anesthesia. Like an Evangelion Unit running on haemophiliac blood. Utilises a 'plasma' cannon. Drawings may follow on the weekend. Taken from a Teardrop Explodes-inspired comic I never got around to drawing called Factor VIII. So it's going to be a model for that, too. This cross-pollination of work has proved very fruitful.

Also for your DAWWWWing:

Expanded on the original
Few remaining Loyalists in Reclusium? The Chaplain?
Pater Gregor is famous in the Zone as the last surviving Loyalist of the Recluses Chapter. Tends to the Imperial shrines on his daily psychodrift, is handy with a pair of Lightning claws and has brought all 13 Zone Rippers to bloody Imperial Justice. Sad but eccentric, his bedtime stories have brought joy and terror in equal measure.

I think that's meant to say Codex: Astartes. Not my picture, taken off an imageboard. Pretty close to what the chapter are going to look like.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2008, 06:09:58 PM by No Love Lost »
Lol.