News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 point vanilla  (Read 718 times)

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
2000 point vanilla
« on: May 10, 2002, 09:50:07 PM »
/ooc while I was playing today getting my butt handed to me with Harlequins, I decided to watch a battle I had never seen before (meaning a battle with Vanilla Eldar).  I never knew that Vanilla was so good at everything!  Dire Avengers really were the most common aspect in his army, but I still don't like them very much, until I saw how much damage the Exarch did.  It made me think, "This is how Eldar are supposed to be played."  It had all aspects present except Warp Spiders and Howling Banshees.  So I decided to write up a vanilla list.

-HQ-

Farseer - 90
-Guide
-Witchblade
-Runes of Witnessing

Bodyguard: 2 Warlocks
-Both with Destructor
-Both with Witchblades

-Elites-
6 Warp Spiders - 191
1 Warp Spider Exarch
-2 Death Spinners
-Powerblades

8 Howling Banshees - 165
1 Howling Banshee Exarch
-Executioner
 --Mounted in Wave Serpent - 135
 ---Twin-Linked Bright Lances
 ---Spirit Stones

6 Fire Dragons - 103
1 Fire Dragon Exarch
-Firepike
-Tank-Hunter

-Troops
16 Guardian Defenders - 128

16 Storm Guardians - 180
-2 Flamers
--1 Warlock
---Witchblade
---Conceal

6 Dire Avengers - 118
1 Dire Avenger Exarch
-Shuriken Pistol, Diresword
-Defend

-Fast Attack-
6 Swooping Hawks - 199
1 Swooping Hawk Exarch
-Web of Skulls, Shuriken Pistol
-Sustained Assault

-Heavy Support-
Wraithlord - 120
-Bright Lance
-2 Flamers

3 Support Weapons -  150
-D-Cannons

2 Warwalkers - 200
-2 Starcannons each

Total Points: 2001

So, what do you think.

Well, anyway, I didn't get to see the ending of the battle (but it was obvious who was going to win), but here it goes:

It was Vanilla Eldar vs. Blood Angels (or whoever has the Death company).  It was a 2000 point battle with heavy terrain.  Blood Angels went first... okay well I stink at battle reports when I don't see much of it and I'm not in the battle, so...  it was generally very cool seeing 3 squads of Dire Avengers assaulting Death Company, while D-Cannons were blasting at terminators and a Wave Serpent went ahead with Fire Dragons while a War Walker slowly took out parts of the Death Company and then the Farseer and his two warlocks charging into a scout squad and destroying them all while the Wraithlord was taken out in the first turn...  Then seeing the Swooping Hawks appearing behind the tactical marines that were just firing away was sooo cool.  I realized how boring it must be to watch 4 squads of Warp Spiders assaulting and stuff...  Although my battle of Harlequins vs. Tau today was good.  He took out both my 10 man Harlequin and Mime squads in the first turn, along with my Harlequin Wraithlord.  Then I pinned 2 Firewarrior squads with Death Jesters w/ Missile Launchers, missile pods and railgun on his tank, and my solitaire and shadowseer headed forward and got into assault.  They both assault O'Shavah and the Solitaire killed him easily, and the rest of his squad got 1 attack but they all missed cause both had D-Field.  Then he took out nothing his next turn and I killed the rest of O'Shavah's squad in his assault phase.  Then my turn I pinned some more units and killed a few battlesuits, while my solitarie single-handedly took out a squad of firewarriors, and my shadowseer almost took out a different squad of firewarriors, but he lost a wound.  :'(  Then the next turn my missile launcher death jesters were killed from some very lucky rolling from some battlesuits with railguns, and the tank tank-shocked one of my death jesters with a brightlance and ran him over...  My soliatire almost took out another squad of firewarriors, but was reduced to 1 wound  :'( .  My Shadowseer died but killed all the guys but one in the squad he was assaulting.  Last turn my solitaire was taken out by burst cannons and my remaining 2 death jesters were taken out by railguns.  But I was very happy with my Solitaire (as usual) but was unhappy that I lost over 863 points (i think) on my first turn.  Luckily my guys were so spread apart (I made them all the max 4 inches apart) that he had to use the normal railgun while he had it to kill my mimes/harlequins.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."