News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork Rumors? Sounds like play testing may be underway?  (Read 3200 times)

Offline travisb7

• Ork Boy
Ork Rumors? Sounds like play testing may be underway?
« on: November 5, 2012, 04:29:43 PM »
I'll go ahead and throw some salt in this squig stew before we get started. These are RUMORS, but could be fun to discuss!

I'm liking these changes, but as long as we're not any more random than we are now. I understand the need for Orks to be random. I'd just hate to see us become a joke army again if every other turn we're blowing ourselves up. What are your thoughts on these?

In this mornings rumors we have Ork Weird Boys with powers that get more dangerous the more Orks that surround them, with powers directly from Mork (offensive), and ones from Gork (strategic). There are large new squigoth type creatures, new rules for Mega Armour units, and Orks with FnP.

It looks like we get to start off a November with a nice little rumor set.

Please remember that these are early rumors.

via Batty (from the Faeit 212 inbox)
First we can start with orks what i have heard is that they stay the same with furious charge and mob rules but all orks ( not grots or squigs)
will get FnP 6+ as a race because they are basically tough and it takes a lot to kill and stop an ork.

Most weapons will stay the same except choppas are ap6 but gain ap5 on charge and big choppers will be +2s and ap4 and ap3 on charge.

Nobz stay the same but are getting more characterful upgrades available to them, new kinds or grot assistants such as suicide grots(act alot like bomb squigs but prone to blowing up in unit) and
ammo runts and attack squigs also more weapon options like Big shootas and such.

new nob mega armour unit with teleporting abilities but its teleporting works differently from conventional deepstrike bit more random.
There is a special mek character that can bestow teleportation on D3 units.

special bloodaxe character with rules that can bring back boyz units once they are destroyed, much like an imperial guard special character.

A large multi wound squigoth type creature, not FW, it is ever hungry and uses a hunger points system. if it doesn't fulfill the hunger points in enemy's it will rampage nearest unit friend or
foe in order to eat.

Two new ork psychic lists for weirdboys, Mork more offencive and Gork more strategic. Many powers in the lists get more powerful the more orks are around the weirboy,
although the more powerful they are the more dangerous they are if they are miscast as they will often misdirect or hit the weirdboy and unit.

New ork only fortifications (including an ork rock) and an ork only warlord chart.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Ork Rumors? Sounds like play testing may be underway?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 04:22:04 PM »
There was another thread that listed the upcoming minitures...  A bunch of ork listing were mentioned so it looks like there is something to this...

Here is the article link
40k Release list

Does anyone know if this is going to be a white dwarf article or what?

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline commissar_bob

• blarg
  • Armies: space wolfs.  IG armored company
New ork codex rummers?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
Havent seen anything about this

I know ive seen some old stuff on this from 2012 but would like to see if anything new hss come up or has a release date?

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: Ork Rumors? Sounds like play testing may be underway?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:25:54 PM »
No need to fish for rumors, when someone digs up credible ones they'll be posted!

Very few rumors even now, what with GW's lockdown on leaks and rumors.  What I have heard is that several commentators "confirmed" that it is the next Codex to be done, probably in production already.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.