News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k Online Miniature Exchange #3  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
40k Online Miniature Exchange #3
« on: February 28, 2010, 12:32:51 AM »
Hey guys, after asking the mods, I think It's a good time to have the third 40k Online Miniature Exchange

Here are the previous two.
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=155004.0
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=158210.0

Rules(note, these are almost completely copied from previous competitions)

What is that?
You make a model for someone else's army. A unique model to be fielded amongst your customers general list. It would be a best of your ability model. It should be converted, based, and painted to the best of your ability! 

How would you do it?
Get a list of everyone who wants to participate, assign them a number, and randomly draw a number from a hat (also check the VOLUNTEER! section below). That person makes a model for the next person drawn, etc. Your customer will tell you his army, and what type of guy he wants. Say a tactical marine, a guardian, whatever. The model has to fit the wargear for that unit type, but it may be converted however the maker wants!

When?
Last day for registering is Sunday the 14 of March, 2010.
All models should be completed and shipped by the end of May! 2.5 months is plenty of time for 1 model

Restrictions!
-You shouldn't ask for something really expensive. For example, you can't say "I want a venerable dreadnought!" 
-You should be moderately skilled with converting and painting. To keep everyone happy and no one bitter, everyone will want something of decent quality. So if you are a really bad painter, I'd ask you sit this one out 
-Finally, due to request of the mods, none of the trades done as a result of this event are allowed to be used to up your trade count.

*people will also be matched up with location restrictions. I.E. Canada and U.S. people won't get people from Europe or Aussie. this prevents uber expensive / annoying shipping, etc..*

VOLUNTEER!
Spot a member who you would really like to make a model for? Have the bits to do a really cool conversion for X? Volunteer to make an item for a person! Just put under your ap, I volunteer to make X's model! NOTE: You cannot volunteer for someone who already has a person making their model! So please check that first. Anyone who doesn't have a volunteer to do their model will be randomly drawn from a hat and assigned someone!

How to register?
Send me a PM or reply to this thread with the following info:

1) Europe, Aussie, or USA/Canada?
2) Army theme and colour scheme (if you have a SINGLE picture showing your scheme pm it to me)
3) What unit do you want made for you for under $15 or under retail? (a marine, a biker, a terminator, etc)

Currently Registered:
Name - Army, Model - Paint Scheme - Locked Volunteer (if any)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:03:04 AM by Mr.Squid »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.