News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Do you believe in God  (Read 20470 times)

Offline Moonsorrow

• Cymru am bydd!
Do you believe in God
« on: June 29, 2003, 08:16:49 AM »
We had this debate in my class recently I would like to here your views :)
The flower that was...

Offline Stoopi

• I AM WESEL!
    • Code: Annihilation
Re:Do you believe in God
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 08:18:53 AM »
no
\m/ Death to False Metal \m/

Offline Tero Rogue Psyker

• I'm not cute I'm a Grey knight! FEAR ME..please?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 08:20:08 AM »
 The greatest flame war you have doth created and it shall rain fire from the sky!

Yes I do. Just because I was indoctrinated since I was so young.
I'm not very..um interesting..I just kinda post here..Go me

Offline Surface

• Game Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2003, 08:30:49 AM »
Define the word belief then define the word God and I will be able to answer (Maybe).
Be very, very careful.  If you die in a yellow dream, you die in real life.

Jeff Noon/Vurt

You need Jesus, friend. You need to give your life to Jesus and ask Him to set you free from all of the demonic rock music that you've been listening to.

Some crazy person

Offline Farsear Riddle

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2003, 08:31:03 AM »
 Definately, I have some deity on my side - so I must believe in God or Gods.

Offline Burn The Heretic!

• Oh I'm sorry my kill tally says three minotaurs!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 08:34:10 AM »
Do I believe in god hmmmm......not sure there suppose it would explain a lot

If you'd asked do I follow religion however then I can give you a straight no.

Thats not such a great reason Rogue Psyker I mean no disrespect or anything but your not a young child anymore and you should be at the point where you can make your own decisions on things like this rather then how you are raised after all this is one of those things that could affect how you live the rest of your life and the decision should be made by you and no-one else
You accuse me of being a madman. What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not? I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares I have entered the realm between worlds there there is no time or place I have clashed with creatures the sight of which would sear your soul to the core I have faced death eye to eye, blade to blade. Yet you accuse me of being a madman you who have never had your sanity tested so sorely

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2003, 08:40:08 AM »
nope. Infact I think religion is bad regardless.

Welcome to the flame war.....
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline the grim squeaker

• your time is up sammy the hammster
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2003, 08:59:49 AM »
my ears bleed, a religion topic

the flame war has begun

god umm i do believe in a god but not the way western religions would pisture him
Death was standing behind a lecturn, poring over a map. He looked at Mort as if he wasn't entirely there. HAVEN'T HEARD OF THE BAY OF MANTE, HAVE YOU? he said
'no sir' said Mort
FAMOUS SHIPWRECK THERE
'was there?'
WELL THERE WILL BE, said Death, IF I CAN FIND THE DAMM PLACE

daimyo of the samurai cult of the rat

pm me for details

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2003, 09:04:31 AM »
nope, i believe in the godess... she is spirit and all nature hence the pentagram, one pointy side for each element.
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline the grim squeaker

• your time is up sammy the hammster
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 09:26:07 AM »
do you believe in wicca? mini shadow lord
Death was standing behind a lecturn, poring over a map. He looked at Mort as if he wasn't entirely there. HAVEN'T HEARD OF THE BAY OF MANTE, HAVE YOU? he said
'no sir' said Mort
FAMOUS SHIPWRECK THERE
'was there?'
WELL THERE WILL BE, said Death, IF I CAN FIND THE DAMM PLACE

daimyo of the samurai cult of the rat

pm me for details

Offline HarlequinSolitaire

• Not Sloataire or Solataire... Solitaire.
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 09:49:30 AM »
I believe in no dieties. I just believe that there is the universe, and that our problems are soooo insignificant that we really shouldn't give a damn about any problems. Just my feelings.
'An eye for an eye, and soon the world is blind'

Ghandi

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2003, 10:41:11 AM »
I was raised in a Christian family (not you beslubbered up Catholics) so I know a massive amount of stuff from the bible. But I just don't know wether to believe or not.

Some of the stuff in there seriously makes you think, like you can see it written by humans just trying to stop us from doing so called evil things etc.

Offline Lomendil

• Mad Prophet of Commorragh
  • Ancient
  • If it's comprehensible, it's obselete
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2003, 10:55:49 AM »
I don't believe in God, or Gods.

If someone shows me some good, objective evidence to the contrary, then I'll change my mind. Given that no-one in recorded history has ever made any such evidence that I've ever seen, I'm thinking I'll die an atheist.

I don't completely and absolutely rule out the possibility that Gods could exist, but my bets would be against it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 10:56:22 AM by Lomendil »

Offline Archon Kazzaroth

• Play dirty, play like dark eldar.
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2003, 11:02:34 AM »
I don't believe in God, or Gods.

If someone shows me some good, objective evidence to the contrary, then I'll change my mind. Given that no-one in recorded history has ever made any such evidence that I've ever seen, I'm thinking I'll die an atheist.

I don't completely and absolutely rule out the possibility that Gods could exist, but my bets would be against it.

There is not evidence to be found in life, but in after-life yes.
Game rating whit my DE=
Win    Draw    Loss
  8         2           3

Offline Lomendil

• Ancient
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 11:09:54 AM »
Lol, but where is the proof for that? And what afterlife are we talking about? Heaven? Paradise? Nirvana? The Big Jacuzzi In The Sky?

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2003, 11:18:42 AM »
Religions have always been based around Faith & Death. If someone could fully prove it, it wouldn't be a Faith it would be the Way. Again the whole ideal of religion is highly questionable.

Offline Lomendil

• Ancient
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2003, 11:22:06 AM »
Yep, one of the basic principles of most religions tends to be unquestioning, arbitrary belief.

Offline Archon Kazzaroth

• Play dirty, play like dark eldar.
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2003, 11:24:53 AM »
I think there is not heaven nor hell (the priest made these up ::)) and I belive only hell what we ever see is our own lives.

After life evidence are these; Ghosts, poltergeist's, the "tunnel" when you are dying, feel of something is watching you when you are alone.

And also I personally haved a creeping experience when I was young. When I one time slep in my bed, I felt that I rose up in it. Everything was sligth blue hue and everything was quiet and something was totaly different in the athomshpere. I was just walking (floating mostly) out of my room, I felt that something was after me, so I suddenly wake up.

Do not missunderstand me, I am do not believe in magic nor anything other silly, but I can sepparate nigthmare/dream from a.....darn I do not know rigth english word but it is happening when your soul leaves your body and you can go back.

And also there are scientic proofs that there is some strange energy form excinting in houses wich are haunted or harassed by poltergeist (there is actually science group wich investigate these). So pasically noboddy does not know what after-life looks like, but it excit's none the less.

I personally believe the buddha version of the "after-life". That the people will recarnate in next life after they die, so that tehir soul will grow in wisdom by experiencing different aspect's and styles of life. Until they are wise enough to move into different dimension where they learn more until they reach another level and move other until they reach destination wich is unknown.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 11:25:45 AM by Archon Kazzaroth »
Game rating whit my DE=
Win    Draw    Loss
  8         2           3

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2003, 11:34:04 AM »
"The Big Jacuzzi In The Sky" LOL  ;D

the tunnel i believe is just your eyes going all wierd after your body and all stop to function... i saw that on some science tv-show(not not discovery...)
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline True Believer

• Standing in the tall grass - thinking nothing
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2003, 11:35:22 AM »
I thorouhly and thoroughly believe that nothing is certain. God may or not exist; frankly, who cares? We live our everyday lives and apparently, nothing is going to change that. So who cares about God? If he/she/it exists (I will use he from now on, for the sole reason of simplicity) than he has done nothing more than give rise to life. And now that life exists, it is up to us to live it, with or without meaning. On a side note - is there a meaning to life? I used to be inclined to say that life is it's own purpose. These days I have come to peace with the fact that there is no meaning to life - and neither is there a need to be.

To come back to the existence and meaning of God, I believe that if he exists, he is definitely not where we should find the meaning for life. The meaning of life must be found in life itself, or there is to be none at all. In my opinion, Nietzsche was very correct when he decribed Christianity as a religion created by those who, in their ultimate despair, created a religion which condemned that which they lacked (wealth, happiness,...) and praised that which they did have (suffering, poverty,...). (BTW: Please don't flame me to death )

Original Writings - For better feedback than 'Yes that's great honey' from your mom...