News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help With Budget Exodites?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Wyldhunt

Help With Budget Exodites?
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:56 AM »
So I recently purchased a goodly number of toy dinosaurs from the dollar store.  They're just slightly smaller than the reptiles from the cold one set (I think), and they're definitely less pricey!  I'm looking to convert these into exodites dragon riders, but I'm on a budget.  The obvious next step to getting these guys ready to defend their maiden world is to stick some riders on them, but what to use for riders?  Purchasing cavalry units (such as fantasy cavalry) defeats the point as it's too pricey, but Fantasy and Mantic Games models I looked at seem to have their legs too close together or have too much cloth dangling between their legs to easily seat atop a dinosaur.  I was contemplating picking up some spare kabalite warriors for my purposes as they're relatively inexpensive, have the right general aesthetic and stance, and their weaponry can sort of pass as dragon lances with a little tweaking. 

That said, kabalite warriors are still a bit pricey (I need something like 30 bodies to stick on my dinos in the long run), and something slightly smaller scale than 40k (closer to Fantasy or even a bit smaller) would probably look better on my slightly small dinosaurs.

Thoughts?