News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Which army bonus do you run?  (Read 997 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Which army bonus do you run?
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:45:51 PM »
So for the armies with a codex there are different army flavours such as Mars, raven guard or Biel-tan, which gives your army a bonus such as -1 to hit.

Which bonus are you rocking and what bonus are you seeing a lot of in your local play groups?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Which army bonus do you run?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
None of my armies have bonuses yet. From my local gaming group, for the folks with them, I see just Ultramarines and Altioc, and blood Angels. Lots of death guard too. Other folks in my group don't have codexs yet.

I've not seen a single person running raven guard yet, mostly as -1 to be hit is not worth loosing guilliman.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:10:29 PM »
My group is all over the place.  Myself, I have my Dark Angels.  We have a Blood Angel player, an Ultramarine player, and a Salamander; with the occasional Raven Guard.  We don't have many regular Eldar players that I am able to comment on, and I think our Guard player runs his as Cadians.  Our two chaos players do World Eaters and Word Bearers.

Oh, I was mistaken.  We have one Eldar player who plays his Guardian bombs as Biel-Tann
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:47 AM »
The main force is always Alaitoc.  But I normally have a detachment of Saim-Hann or Ulthwe.
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »
I usually mix detachments of Alaitoc (Rangers, Reapers, Prisms, Flyers), Biel-tan (guardian and scorpion bombs. Sometimes for multiple units of spears),and Ulthwe (Wraithguard and Avatar lead Guardians).