News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Venom Model - Options And Gameplay  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
The Venom Model - Options And Gameplay
« on: June 23, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »
I finally cracked open a kit to paint something for myself and boy does the venom have a lot of great bits.  And fragile crap that will instantly break in transport unless I put it in a high-top case with a sheet steel bottom and magnets in the model's ba- no.  Painting a model then later gluing on a canopy annoys me, so that's getting glued into place, the riders are being left off because I'm lazy and don't want to paint them, the splinter cannon on the top is getting pinned because that cute spindle mount will also break quickly.

My question is how do people feel about the weapons under the nose?  Even the splinter cannon is so far back it's practically invisible.  It snap fits in place as is, though not so snugly, does anyone care if it's left off?  I planned on magnetizing it but even if the weapon is destroyed I could easily forget since I couldn't see the weapon to begin with.  Does anyone have experience with this?
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: The Venom Model - Options And Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »
Barring the the gunner/splinter cannon on top the Venom is actually a rugged little model. The bottom gun has never fallen out for me and the Venom gets the least pampering when transported to the FLGS. I'd glue it on and not worry about it at all. I've been rocking mine around for years and the only problem has been the gunner+splinter cannon falling off occasionally (mine isn't even glued). So I wouldn't worry about it. Share pix when you start modeling and good luck!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: The Venom Model - Options And Gameplay
« Reply #2 on: July 6, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »
I ended up doing this with the model: (this is before the final highlights and making that blue into a purple)

I also painted a Talos, I had to cut off a haywire blaster just to get the guns I wanted for my Scourges, GW really makes it a miserable task to set up your army.  Give us more bits, you greedy jerks.  Not shown here, a haywire blaster amputated and replaced with a Necron bit representing some kind of targeting doodad.  At least WYSIWYG is gone, hah!

You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.