News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: How to survive a Sentinel attack  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
Re: How to survive a Sentinel attack
« Reply #20 on: July 5, 2015, 03:31:00 PM »
Swans will beslubber your amphetamine parrot up if given a chance, Mute Swans are so aggressive and eat so much that the DNR is trying to cull their population.

Every moment not spent praying to the Emperor is a moment that may vanquish your immortal soul or result in you being liquefied for use in prometheum.

Hmm, I thought Imperial citizens were melted down to make prometheum, making it super holy and perfect for incinerating heretics.  I don't see any fluff supporting that, though (my friend Angry Fred was adamant about this).
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline TagniK'ZuR

• You have the right to act your shoe size
« Reply #21 on: July 7, 2015, 08:08:28 AM »
Swans will beslubber your amphetamine parrot up if given a chance, Mute Swans are so aggressive and eat so much that the DNR is trying to cull their population.

Wait!? a group calling themselves "Do Not Resuscitate" is trying to flat line some swans? What happens when the swans don't sign the DNR orders and get resuscitated afterwards?
Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.

If you ignore your health long enough, it will go away.

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #22 on: July 7, 2015, 05:18:34 PM »
Department Of Natural Resources, I've got a few family members working for that (present and dearly departed) that educated me.  Mute Swans are an invasive species, they are real rather unsavoury chap, what-ho old bean?s.  Not only do they eat an extraordinary amount of food but they rip-up roots/chutes/whatever withotu even eating it.  Like elephants but they breed far more quickly, I have never seen a native swan in my life, I thought Mute Swans were that.

(I know you were kidding around, I'm just trying to do something useful in my wretched life)

^Jackass                                      ^Cool bro                                          ^Not too shabby
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #23 on: July 8, 2015, 09:16:34 AM »
That swan on the left, officer! It was him what did it!

(Yeah, that's the kind of swans I'm talking about. Wow are they mean.)

Offline TagniK'ZuR

• You have the right to act your shoe size
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2015, 02:40:36 AM »
(I know you were kidding around, I'm just trying to do something useful in my wretched life)

don't worry, it's appreciated ;)

They are absent from tropical Asia, Central America, northern South America and the entirety of Africa
-Wikipedia
So we don't have any native swans, which explains why I don't know too much about them :( We do have elephants though, and you are correct that they actually do a lot of damage to the wildlife around them

Edit: looks like there's an easy way to protect yourself against giant birds: Emus vs Weasel Ball Toy - 9GAG
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:54:09 AM by TagniK'ZuR »
Birthdays are good for you, the more you have the longer you live.

If you ignore your health long enough, it will go away.