News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bonesinger rules  (Read 9285 times)

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Bonesinger rules
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 09:56:48 PM »
I'm actually pretty happy with metal models. They hold detail really well and I was able to strip paint off of some of my old Dark Reapers (from back when I was very bad at painting) and put new paint on without damaging the model very easily. I definitely prefer metal to the new finecast stuff, even if it's a little harder to work with at times. Plastic might be best, especially for doing custom poses and conversions, but some of the metal models are quite nice.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Gildaheir

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »
The model was released around over 12 years ago, when metal was prevalent. I hope it isn't fail-cast and it's plastic, so all of you who ordered it. Please lemme know if it's fail-cast or plastic.

I already have 1 metal, just want more.

According to the description on the GW website:

"This is a metal kit in 2 components which makes a Bonesinger, armed with a psytronome shaper. Supplied with a booklet containing a datasheet with rules for fielding this model in games of Warhammer 40,000 and a 25mm Round base."

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 10:00:22 PM »
Wow. If it's metal it's even more worth it. I struggled to track down quite a few metal kits since failcast started.

The Autarch says resin.

Very curious.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:06:15 PM by Partninja »

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 10:07:51 PM »
I've bought a bunch of fine cast models, I've never had any issues with them.. GW is also really good about replacing kits with miscasts for free. I prefer finecast to metal, and plastic to both. I hate having to carry around metal models, makes my case way too heavy.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Gildaheir

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 10:21:39 PM »
Same here.  Finecast isn't near as bad as forum scuttlebutt would have you believe, and it holds together much nicer than metal.  I do prefer the heft of metal over resin, though.  Ultimately, their hard plastic is the be all end all, though.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 11:05:51 PM »
I actually like the weight. I have a set of finecast rangers and a Spiritseer. Gun barrels and staff keep curving no matter how many times I heat and reshape.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 04:25:27 AM »
I was really excited when I saw the bonesinger come up for order. I've wanted the model for quite some time but never wanted to pay ebay prices! Even happier with there being some actual rules, I was just going to use it as a Farseer!
I also ordered one of the Farseer models and the Kneeling Ranger. A few of the aspects I already have.
Maybe I might start up a new Alaitoc army now.....
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 06:12:50 AM »
Whilst reading comments on GWs facebook page someone commented that the Made to Order stuff comes in it's original material. So the Bonesinger was ever only in metal so makes sense he still is as is old bug eye farseer. The Autarch with Reaper launcher must've spent some time as a finecast mini before being discontinued.

Offline papagumdrop

• Even in Death we Fight
  • Armies: Eldar, Tyranids
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 08:46:36 AM »
GW website description says the Bonesinger is a metal kit. I ordered mine as soon as it posted Saturday. The only one I saw that was resin is the Winged Autarch. I did not read the description on all of them however.

Offline Zayvian

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 09:07:12 AM »
So this will be my first post here!

I've been playing since 2nd ed, my first tournament army was Iyanden in 3rd ed. I sold them when my 5 man wraithguard no longer counted as troops in 4th.
After seeing that the new start collecting box is literally 1/2 (minus waveserpent) of the army I used to run back then, I decided it was time to return to the craftworld I always loved. My birthday is in a few days so my loving wife has ordered me Prince Yriel, and the "brand new re-released" Bonesinger. I'm incredibly excited to begin painting my new models.

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Don't Panic; It's Open-Source!
    • The Place Where I Put Stuff Online
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 11:21:56 AM »
I'm slightly irritated that the rules are apparently only available with the made-to-order model. I already own three Bonesingers, but I guess I'm getting a 4th just so I can get the rules. Oh, darn. More models to sit in the ever-growing "I'll paint that later" pile.

That said, I had always been planning on using my Bonesingers as Spiritseers when I got around to painting all of my Wraithguard models. But that's less of an option now that the model has actual rules incoming.  Guess that's my punishment for not painting things sooner :p

I'm really curious to see how the rules work.  I'm hoping it'll be something like the Space Marine Apothecary where it can possibly restore models/wounds.

Offline Farseer_Tassadar

• Feel the wrath of the Craftworld Mi'Tyne
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »
It came in an Christmas army bundle. I was sad that at the time I couldn't get that bundle. Now that the Bonesinger is available separately, I bought one. I love the model and having rules is a bonus for me.

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
It came in an Christmas army bundle. I was sad that at the time I couldn't get that bundle. Now that the Bonesinger is available separately, I bought one. I love the model and having rules is a bonus for me.

The Bonesinger was also available as a stand-alone model through Direct Services when it was first released. Unlike the limited edition Autarch that was only ever available in the giant army box when the 4th edtion codex launched.

Offline Rhyleth

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 04:26:18 PM »
I've bought a bunch of fine cast models, I've never had any issues with them.. GW is also really good about replacing kits with miscasts for free. I prefer finecast to metal, and plastic to both. I hate having to carry around metal models, makes my case way too heavy.

I've not had major issues with the few resin models I bought when 'Finecast' was introduced, I just prefer metal for infantry - resin feels great for larger Forgeworld vehicles, but infantry feel too insubstantial. It's enough of an issue for me that learning these reissues were metal prompted me to pick up replacement figures for some of my excessively overpainted RT originals.

The specific choice of figures, especially the random Exarchs, is a bit odd and some of them are newer models that it's unclear why they discontinued them in the first place. I'd have liked to see reissues of at least some of the RT Aspect Warriors, particularly Reapers and Scorpions.

Offline gangrel767

• "What we do in life, echoes in eternity" - Maximus
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 10:59:50 AM »
I purchased 3 bonesingers and the kneeling ranger. They're the only models they are offering that I don't have.

The bonesinger was one of those models I chose to not buy when it came out originally, and I always kicked myself for that choice. On ebay they were selling for anywhere from $60 - $100... and I was going to purchase on this christmas as a treat for myself. Well, christmas came early!!

I hope they're rules are fun, even if they're not competitive.

Post Merge: October 24, 2017, 12:51:45 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Free rules for the Craftworlds Bonesinger – Warhammer Community
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:51:45 PM by gangrel767 »
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" - Maximus Meridius

Check out Veterans of the Long War Podcast -
https://www.facebook.com/VeteransOfTheLongWar

Offline laucian_meliamne

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 01:58:33 PM »
Bonesinger rules are available for download from Warhammer Community:
Free rules for the Craftworlds Bonesinger – Warhammer Community

As suspected, it acts as a healer for vehicles and Wraith Construct units.  It can also cast Smite, which is kind of a cool bonus.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
That's decent of them. More like this would be good.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
This is a very positive move.  I hope that this goes beyond the rules for the Bonesinger.  Incidentally, I've just ordered one.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »
SUPER solid rules and an awesome looking mini. I can imagine a lot of fun ways to run this guy especially in the backfield with some nice tanks and Wraithknight.

On top of that he's just an awesome looking mini. My command crew lead by my Corsair Prince is gonna look so cool with this guy in there. So happy I ordered one.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Rhyleth

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »
Given my love of vehicle-based armies I may actually order a second... Hopefully the unit proves solid enough that it will see a fair bit of play, which in turn may prompt GW to make it a full addition to later Codices and the Eldar model range.