News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Raveners ?  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Forsete

• 4 the horde !!!
Raveners ?
« on: September 4, 2002, 09:07:13 AM »
I have read quit a bit of Battle Repports on the net, but there arnt that many of them using Raveners, so my question is:

Are they worth it ?

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
Re:Raveners ?
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2002, 09:19:00 PM »
They tend to be a bit too expensive for my tastes, but that's just me... what do the rest of you think?
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline jasper

• if you dont know, i cant tell you
« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2002, 09:51:10 PM »
i think they be better if you could morph them, but 3 base attacks is pretty cool, give em a devourer for 6 s3 shots, or talons and claws for 4 s4 attcks, 5 on the 9 inch charge, and your sure to roll some 6s

the models are cool looking too

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2002, 07:38:41 PM »
you can have winged warriors with rending claws for the same price as a ravenor with scything talons and rending claws. The only differencem is that you can have 3 more warriors in the sqaud, they are synapce, and they have implant attack. The only disadvantage is 1 less attack, but implant attack is better. by the way, the warriors count as fast attack when winged.

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #4 on: September 6, 2002, 11:29:49 AM »
I like to use raveners in small squads of 1-2 models.  They move and support my hormies in assault.  There is alot of competition between raveners and winged warriors.  Raveners have 1 more attack, but 1 less str.  Raveners can enter difficult terrain, where winged warriors cannot.  A 45pt winged warrior has a 4+ save, and a ravener has a 5+ save.  Most importantly for me, I can spend only 45 or 90 pts on a small brood, rather than having to spend a minimum of 135 on a brood of winged warriors.  

The warriors are great if you're planning on having a unit that can assault independently of any support.  A small brood of raveners is key if all you want to do is beef up your gaunts against heavily armored enemies.

The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.