News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000 Pt Nids by the Wave  (Read 458 times)

Offline CrimsonTurkey

• Armies: Tyranids, Eldar, Grey Knights
2000 Pt Nids by the Wave
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:51:24 AM »
HQ - 320

Hive Tyrant - 163
2x Scything Talons, Warp Blast
Wings, Toxin Sacs

Hive Tyrant - 157
Venom Cannon, Twin-linked Deathspitters
Toxin sacs, Enhanced Senses

Elites - 369

3 Tyranid Warriors - 123
Devourer, Scything Talons
Leaping, Toxin Sacs, Enhanced Senses, Adrenal Glands (WS)

3 Tyranid Warriors - 123

3 Tyranid Warriors - 123

Troops - 756

10 Gaunts - 90
Fleshborers
Scuttle

10 Gaunts - 90
Fleshborers
Scuttle

12 Hormagaunts - 144
Toxin Sacs

12 Hormagaunts - 144
Toxin Sacs

12 Hormagaunts - 144
Toxin Sacs

12 Hormagaunts - 144
Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support - 555

Carnifex - 165
Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler, Tail Scythe
Regenerate, Enhanced Senses,  Adrenal Glands (WS)

Carnifex - 165
Scything Talons, Barbed Strangler, Tail Scythe
Regenerate, Enhanced Senses,  Adrenal Glands (WS)

3 Zoanthrope - 225
Warp Blast, Synapse Creature

TOTAL POINTS: 2000
TOTAL MODELS: 84
AVERAGE POINTS/MODEL:  23.809
SYNAPSE CREATURES: 14

The idea is the use the gaunts as a shield (making those tests is irritating at worst) and getting them in range ASAP via scuttle. Through them the hormagaunts charge, followed by larger and larger nids. The ranged tyrant will be used to take out light vehicles and heavy infantry, while the CC tyrant and the zoanthropes can take out heavy vehicles. The two fexes simply being used to fill whatever gaps form in the line. Nids in an organized line of battle soundsa bit odd but hey... what ever works.
Fac et Spera

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Re: 2000 Pt Nids by the Wave
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 02:46:33 AM »
Drop Regenerate on the Carnifex and replace it with Reinforced Chitin. It's cheaper and it works better.

Your warrior broods need to be made larger, broods of 3 are destroyed very quickly and easily. I'd also suggest giving them rending claws instead of scything talons, and giving them deathspitters for the added range and strength.

Otherwise a good list.

I know someone's about to wade in on the Carnifex, but that's actually not a terrible set-up for a mixed role Carnifex. I'd be interested to know how this army list competes, as I think it needs to be demonstrated that in the right hands, combat or dual-role Carnifex can be effective.
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Scalu

• Craftworld Zaitor / Splinter Fleet Whiteclaw
    • Campaign Maps
Re: 2000 Pt Nids by the Wave
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 01:23:42 PM »
Drop Regenerate on the Carnifex and replace it with Reinforced Chitin. It's cheaper and it works better.

Your warrior broods need to be made larger, broods of 3 are destroyed very quickly and easily. I'd also suggest giving them rending claws instead of scything talons, and giving them deathspitters for the added range and strength.

I second getting the Reinforced Chitin instead of Regenerate, or at least get them both.

For the Warriors though, I would get rid of the devourers altogether, and just get the rending claw and scything talons combo.  I would probably give one of them a venom cannon to help take out light vehicles, get rid of the biomorphs except for leaping, and add extended carapace so they are not so vulnerable to the common AP5 shooting in most armies.

I don't like the barbed strangler on the carnifexes myself, because they are vulnerable to bad rolling, but that's just my preference.  They could do quite well in a battle.

I would give the flying Hive Tyrant Warp Shield instead of Warp Blast too, and I'd probably tool him up a bit more for combat (implant attack, adrenal glands WS and I, toxic miasma, toxin sacs).

I'm surprised that you don't have any fast attack units.  If you could crop some points off somewhere, get 3 units of bio-acid spore mines for cheap at the very least.  They can hit units out of LOS, and do some serious damage to open-topped vehicles, and 3+ save units.
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
1850 pts Tau army assembled and painted in 1 month!