News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: california players unite ....  (Read 6360 times)

Offline xyclos

• CHAOS!! CHAOS!!! uhhh whoops, I meant uhh Eldar!
Re:california players unite ....
« Reply #20 on: August 8, 2002, 01:45:47 PM »
I'm from The San Francisco Bay Area in California.

I wouldn't mind playing other players in the area.....
as long as they're not:

-Whinny
-jerk-offs
-rude
-etc.

My friends and I are down for playing with new people.

Offline cento

• It's not stupid; it's ADVANCED...
    • Cento Gallery &ampampamp; Workshop
« Reply #21 on: August 8, 2002, 01:57:58 PM »
What part of the Bay Area?

There is a really good league group at Matchplay (formerly Neautral Ground) in Mountain View if you live in the south bay or peninsula.

For the south and easy bay areas, people also play at Scenario Hobby in Fremont.

Are any of you really into painting?  There is a bay area painters group that meets the second sunday of every month to paint, convert, sculpt, and swap tips.  There are all skill ranges there from beginner up to a few multi-Golden Demon winners.  Are next gather is this sunday.  The meets are at Scenario in Fremont from noon to 6pm.

If you show up this sunday, CJ Cummings will be there with his winning Golden Demon entries from Chicago, and Laszlo will have his Baltimore entries with him.

I am in the south bay, but work on the penninsula.  I don't play so much anymore, having become more focused on painting and modeling.  If you are going to be at ConQuest over Labor Day weekend, let me know.  I will be there taking pictures of events.

Offline xyclos

« Reply #22 on: August 8, 2002, 04:36:05 PM »
Oh cool.

Well I live in Benicia actually. It's in the N.Bay

I also have a couple of friends who play.
One guy plays black legion, tyranids, blood angels(but he's still a newbie with lots of money. heh)
Another plays Dark Angels(veteran from the old days)
And his brother, also a vet, plays Dark Eldar and World Eaters.
I play with The Iron Warriors right now, and I'm going to start an eldar army sometime soon.

I do like painting a lot. I wouldn't mind learning some of the skills I don't have. I think I can paint in the B+ average, depending on what I'm painting.

Offline cento

« Reply #23 on: August 8, 2002, 05:00:28 PM »
Cool.  Well, if you want to try and come down this sunday to Scenario, like I said, there is some great work there, and everyone is VERY approachable and willing to teach people new tricks.  The MAIN reason we meet is to teach each other new tricks!

It is a bit of a drive from Benicia, but not too bad - less than an hour if you go through concord instead of through Oakland.  I use to live in Vallejo, right next to the bridge (I think it was the Maritme Academy exit), but I also know that my perceptions of "not a bad drive" are a little different from most peoples - when I was in Vallejo, I worked in Marin, went clubbing in the city, and spent evenings with friends in San Jose.  Small wonder that my 4 year old car has well over 100K miles on it...
 :P

Offline xyclos

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2002, 03:27:15 PM »
cento: Sorry I missed that event.
Anything else comming up? My friends and I should be battling this wed, maybe you could show up?

Offline cento

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2002, 03:58:00 PM »
Unfortunately, I won't have any real free time until after Con-Quest, since I am finishing my entries for the painting contest.  If you want to meet at ConQuest, let me know so we can set-up a time or place.  I will be there for the entire con, since I just got added as the official staff photographer there.

Con-Quest details can be found at:
http://www.con-quest.com/

Otherwise, the sunday after Con-Quest (sunday sept. 8th) is our next painting gather at Scenario...

Offline Voght

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2002, 06:05:45 PM »
I live in Camarillo... i think im the only player here.... im sure im not considering theres a store that sells it and they have tables in there  :P

Voght
In an hour of Darkness a blind man is the best guide.  In an age of Insanity look to the madman to show the way.

Official! The graves of warriors who have given theit lives for the Emporer now outnumber the stars themselves."

Offline xyclos

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2002, 01:42:31 PM »
Cento: Hey, sorry I couldn't make that last event. My band ended up playing a show or two.

We should try another date for battling.

Offline chasm

San diego here
« Reply #28 on: October 4, 2002, 09:57:53 AM »
I'm from san diego, just fyi. I usually play at game towne or game empire, if anyone else is in the SD area.
Seduced by the allure of Slaanesh

Offline isthisfunforyou

• I'm a llama!
Re: california players unite ....
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2003, 09:43:42 PM »
I'm from Davis -20 min west of sac.  Any up for a game? Can IM my @isthisfunforyou or e-mail isthisfunforyou719@yahoo.com

Offline Hippy In Peril

• Dude...Penguins rock.
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2003, 01:27:12 AM »
I'm from Glendale. Long ways from Sacramento...I usually play at the GW in the gallaria...

My idol and inspiration...John Rzeznik.

Offline MysticArcher

• the RedStar2000 papers
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2003, 03:05:08 PM »
I'm from Santa Cruz,
      Mad Larkin, I used to live in La Crescenta (I moved here in Sept.), I played down at the galleria sometimes, maybe I ran into you
      did you play any of the big EoT games they had at the store?
Hmm, how about those "other" Christian "values"? You know, complete obedience to the clerical hierarchy, burning witches and heretics, persecuting scientists and other non-believers, launching crusades to grab this or that piece of desirable real estate, slavery, oppression of women and gay people, violence against children...stuff like that.

It's all "in the Bible"...which means they can bring any of it up whenever they think the moment is opportune.

Offline Phantasmagor

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2003, 12:36:53 AM »
Ehh, anyone heard of Santa Barbara-or better yet Lompoc? I think my friend and I are the only ones in the county who play...

Offline Archon Nickienog

• "These animals they operate on jealousy and lust"
« Reply #33 on: December 5, 2003, 12:41:29 PM »
i dont live in California, but is there a GW shop anywhere near LA? cuz my cuzins live close to there and they could probably get stuff from GW shops cheaper from where i live in [so they can come visit me with things for chrismas 8)]

so their telephone number and adress of a GW shop near LA would be nice ;D

thanks loads
Master Haemy

Offline Thranduil

• Was Deathmaster
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2003, 06:28:44 PM »
I live in berkeley california, east bay area, and play at a place called Games of berkeley, i cant drive, but am up to gaming with ppl, usually are tehre every sunday
"Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us, Once more you upstart mon-keigh shall kneel before our power!  This time we will not be so lenient! We will exterminate you, every world, every vessel, every one of you! Eldrad has seen the stars stained red with you blood, and it pleases him!
You think us weak, but we will be your doom, children of Earth"
-Ranger

Offline lapiaz

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2003, 03:00:30 AM »
 Me San francisco  Iplay anytime I can at gamescape 333 divisadero St I will be there this sunday  I play DE Eldar Kroot raven guard smurf

Offline Orobos

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2003, 02:11:31 AM »
I live in Danville, which is pretty much in the middle of where everyone said. Its about 20min. south of China Town in San Francisco.

I go to Scenario once in a while, its a 30min. drive from here.

Also there is a GW 15 min. away at Stoneridge if theres anyone there, its fairly new so I would doubt it.

And Epic Games if anyone games there.

Nice knowing people live here
Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Offline Hakone

• Your Honor student got Bunkered by my kid.
    • Black Hearted Devils
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2003, 09:56:52 PM »
I live in Morgan Hill

Offline Orobos

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2004, 01:56:25 AM »
Is anyone here going to the Dundercon at the Marriot in San Ramon? Tell me if you are. Maby I'll see you playing in the 40k RTT.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.

Offline The Frugal Gamer

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2004, 06:12:55 AM »
Orobos:  There'll be a lot of us at Dundracon.  In between times, I hang out at Epic Games in Castro Valley.  40K on Saturday (day), Monday and Tuesday nights.  Fantasy on Wednesday nights.  See you there.
"If you see a bomb technician running, follow him."
- USAF Ammo Troop