News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Battleforce: Craftworlds Asuryani Bladehost (2018)  (Read 5241 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Eldar Battleforce: Craftworlds Asuryani Bladehost (2018)
« Reply #20 on: December 9, 2018, 11:17:43 AM »

Killersquid, I agree totally. I'm hoping that FW do some balancing of points too so that my Revenant can appear in battles again.  :)

I'm not sure if there was a points for it in 2017 Chapter Approved, but in the 2018 Chapter Approved it's base cost is 800pts more than it's Imperial Armour Index cost, So you wont be fitting into a 2000pt game, unless all it's weapons and wargear are free lol. I think that's fair though.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Eldar Battleforce: Craftworlds Asuryani Bladehost (2018)
« Reply #21 on: December 9, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »
Epic is where I believe all these super heavies, knights, and titans should have stayed.  This is where I first encountered them and this is where I still enjoy using them.  The scale-up to 40K of such units simply does not work very well.

Well depends, an entire army of knights is yeah not really good for anything other than a campaign setting. A single wraithknight sized thing does seem to be ok at 2k points, but doesn't seem to make sense for 1.5K engagements, considering how rare these things are meant to be etc. That said Lore and game play haven't really lined up very well for a long time.

Actually Titans only makes sense in Apoc.

Super-heavy tanks are in a bit of a strange spot, too, something like a Lynx is physically too big for small engagements, even in a 2k point game, it takes up too much real-estate with the amount of things on the board these days.