News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos Hound/Night Lords  (Read 307 times)

Offline taphos

Chaos Hound/Night Lords
« on: February 1, 2004, 10:25:29 PM »
Question about Chaos Hounds.. Do they work the same way as Space Wolf Wolves? (Meaning, do they follow regardless of how fast Leader moves? ex. Space Wolf Lord on bike, the wolves run alongside,etc)... If so..
 Wouldn't It be really cool to convert wings on two chaos hounds, and give them a flying base?
"This is because complex concepts (a blood god that doesn't advocate mindless slaughter?) don't sell all that well to emo kids and wannabe punks, the people who seem most prone to playing Chaos." - Drongol (warseer)

Offline ScorpionSword

• People Die...not all people live
    • Meh
Re: Chaos Hound/Night Lords
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2004, 10:35:22 PM »
Yes but besides looking cool...they really do nothing more. The Space Wolves use them as meat shields for there lord, we do not have that ability since we cannot take an unlimited amount of them. Convert and paint them all you want but I for one cannot think of a useful way of using them on the table top.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2004, 10:56:22 PM »
I believe that the rule is that you can move the hounds at the same speed as the character commanding them, but won't just pass through difficult terrain if your character flies over them. So with Daemonic Flight, you can't just fly over forests or anything, you'd probably end up walking through or something similar. That means that winged hounds wouldn't be too plausible, as they couldn't relaly fly...

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2004, 10:57:56 PM »
4 of them is plenty to make a meatshield for the lord though, as your opponent must get through 3 of em before he can start taking down the lord.  I've been thinking of a Hound themed army though, using LatD with all allied champs and HQ having 4 Hounds each, 30 Hounds for fast attack and 15 spawn for Heavies...

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!