News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Cool Stuff You've Seen Outside of 40kOnline  (Read 59725 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Cool Stuff You've Seen Outside of 40kOnline [2016]
« Reply #180 on: January 4, 2017, 09:58:24 PM »
I had to swing by the regional police HQ to get a background check done and saw one of the coolest things I have seen in a very long time.

The angle is a bit bad, but across the hood of the car they had written "Serving With Pride."

Now that is policing done right!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #181 on: January 4, 2017, 10:11:42 PM »
Nice. I've still got a picture of the gAy-TM that was in Auckland my last visit back to the colonies.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: February 2, 2017, 02:18:09 PM »
Thought you guys might be interested to see what I am playing at my local GW.  These series of quotes were taking from the Facebook group associated with the store, but we are just in the process of planning it right now.  I have even brought up the idea with the manager about possibly looking into getting some GW support, maybe even some White Dwarf coverage.

Anyways, to the epic madness!

Just wanted to post an update on this one:

Quote from:  GML's Facebook post of Awesome #4
WE'VE DONE IT!!!

Every legion of Space Marines have at least one person on board to play! You know what that means?

IT'S ON!!!!

I'm out right now, but keep tuned because I'm going to start getting this glorious game organized in the next couple of days!

I got my last two legions confirmed this afternoon; having been waiting on Salamanders and Raven Guard.  Now to hammer out the details and set a date / points value.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Cool Stuff You've Seen Outside of 40kOnline [2017]
« Reply #183 on: February 3, 2017, 01:43:03 AM »
I'll just leave this here for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

America first - Netherlands second!

The Netherlands welcomes Trump in his own words - YouTube

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #184 on: February 3, 2017, 05:24:44 AM »
The part about the wall and the ocean was very amusing in particular.  Thanks for posting that.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: February 3, 2017, 07:20:43 AM »
Just wanted to post an update on this one:

Quote from:  GML's Facebook post of Awesome #4
WE'VE DONE IT!!!

Every legion of Space Marines have at least one person on board to play! You know what that means?

IT'S ON!!!!

I'm out right now, but keep tuned because I'm going to start getting this glorious game organized in the next couple of days!

I got my last two legions confirmed this afternoon; having been waiting on Salamanders and Raven Guard.  Now to hammer out the details and set a date / points value.

The store manager just posted his own guidelines for the game:

Also we are going to do a 16x4 I think. I might set up a camera to constantly film and then edit later for the highlights.

But a few ground rules for this many people and filming.

ABSOLUTELY NO SWEARING.

You'll screw the video up. And make me angry.

No being anti social to customers walking around watching. Talk to them. Explain. Show off.

No proxies. Do this right. Counts as is fine.

No non GW.

I want shouting. I want the heavens to rain fire. I want you guys to lose and be happy to lose because you're taking part in something extremely cinematic.

Guys, we were just the number 1 store in North America for new stores for December. Christmas season. Let's close out the 2016 fiscal year (which ends in may) with the biggest battle a GW has seen in a long long time.

I posted a poll in the store's Facebook group to get some feedback, and it looks like everyone is on board with 1500pts per person.  I tallied up the number of people per side, and it looks like the game will be around 19,500pts per side at least.  I may just round it up to 20,000 to have a nice round number.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #186 on: February 3, 2017, 12:16:01 PM »
Really not sure how you'll be able to play a proper game without swearing. Seems unnatural.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #187 on: February 3, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »
I was thinking after the match is it back to being anti-social to the customers again.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: February 3, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »
Really not sure how you'll be able to play a proper game without swearing. Seems unnatural.
I know I'm not the only one who is going to struggle with that one.

I was thinking after the match is it back to being anti-social to the customers again.
Actually, the community at this place is very open and welcoming with customers.  It's not like the old GW stores which were literally holes in the wall tossed into the darkest corner of the mall.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #189 on: February 3, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »
Sounds awesome, GML. Hope everyone actually carries through with their promise, would hate to see someone drop out in the last moment.

Also, Pax: that was *hilarious*. Best impersonation of Trump I've seen yet. Tremendous.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: February 3, 2017, 10:55:14 PM »
Legions II and XI, all records purged. All known members also purged. Their names are stricken as are their souls.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #191 on: February 4, 2017, 02:32:16 AM »
Actually, the community at this place is very open and welcoming with customers.  It's not like the old GW stores which were literally holes in the wall tossed into the darkest corner of the mall.

I didn't really think otherwise GML it just struck me as funny that the store owner saw it necesary to post a guideline to ensure that you were all nice to the customers.

No being anti social to customers walking around watching. Talk to them. Explain. Show of
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: February 4, 2017, 08:24:19 AM »
I didn't notice that part of his post lol.

We have a date set, we have point values agreed upon, and we have at least 9 people per team.

It's on!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:29:07 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2017, 04:05:19 AM »
D & Diesel

I also learned, that Diesels Character in "The last Witchhunter" is based upon a 800 years old Witchhunter called Kaulder, Diesel used to play in D&D as a teenager, which is really cool  :D

Now where to find a film studio to produce the story of a dwarfen monk with a tragic backstory, who thwarted evil countless times while getting roaring drunk (i never said he was a good monk)?!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:28:43 AM by Lonewolf »

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: February 20, 2017, 03:23:55 PM »
Every year we get our geek on and go down to LA for Gallifrey One, the Doctor Who convention. While ribbons are the done thing we always like to take some badges down as well to give away. A local friend does the art from our suggestions. This was one of this years: Special Weapons Pool.

Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2017, 05:50:32 PM »
That is most impressive.  Most impressive indeed.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• Global Moderator
« Reply #196 on: March 18, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »
That feeling when you share a picture of your latest paint job with the official Warhammer 40,000 Facebook group and they respond!

Now, I am sure they respond in a similar manner to most of the images they receive, but damned if it doesn't put a smile on your face!

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2017, 10:23:21 AM »
That's pretty cool. Congrats on the shoutout. :)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #198 on: July 9, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »
Idle amusement.
InspiroBot

For those inflicted by "motivation" posters during their lines of duty.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »

Sounds legit.