News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Marines  (Read 1941 times)

Offline AceV53

Space Marines
« on: September 7, 2002, 12:48:33 AM »
Ok my most frustrating opponents are Space Marines. Do you have any tactiks on beating them? I could really use some help; I've lost the last 3 games against Marines (Dark Angels, Blood Angels). Thanks for your comments.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Arzetch

• "Fear the Stone Crawler"
Re:Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2002, 03:51:08 AM »
take boyz, take many, many boyz. about 40 shoota boyz who cover up your 80 slugga boyz. and back it all up with some 'ard stuff.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2002, 09:31:03 AM »
Speed Freaks are the bane of Space Marine Armies, get there quick and strike hard.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline Commander Ikari

• Show me a problem, not easily solved by a railgun!
« Reply #3 on: September 7, 2002, 04:44:47 PM »
"Shoot da speedy stuff an' stomp da stunties with dreads an' loadz of boyz" --Unkown Ork Tactian.
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred and hatred leads to suffering."

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #4 on: September 7, 2002, 11:05:50 PM »
Mega Armoured HQ with Trukk, Dreads/Killa Kans, Boyz loads of boyz, grotz, trukk boyz, battlewagon.

Get your the HQ and the Trukk Boyz to race ahead and start to demolish there frontline while your dreads/killa kans advance with the boyz surrounding them, while the Battlewagon moves to support the HQ and trukk Boyz.

Offline Greg

• Eldar
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2002, 10:23:10 AM »
Ork firepower is virtually useless, shooitng at marines with orks IS useless. Assault them, but do not give them a chance to shoot you, so get there fast, how you do that? Bikes, transports, infiltrating and deep striking.

Bolter fire will decimate boyz on foot, lascannons and missile launchers will crush expensive dreadnougths and war machines, you have to get boyz into assault and keep them there.

A looted leman russ would not a miss, or 3.

Offline flayling_wildly

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 03:32:16 AM »
There is never enough bolter fire to take out all your orks. Grots and warbikes make great shields and no one can resistant firing at fast moving vehicles. Get trukk boyz moving towards them. If within assault range in first turn SM will be crapping himself. A battle wagon is good with plenty of bolt on's. A zzap gun will never miss and usually 20 shots out of 60 will hit each turn. Half of these (10) will wound and probably 3 of these will fail. So its an added bonus. Never under estimate 60 orks with sluggas. Because when they get in cc we'll see who is laugh with the waaagh. Also a waaagh banner and boss poles help.
friendly fire isn't

Offline Frgsinwntr

• Sisters burn
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2002, 12:05:34 PM »
numbers, use numbers against them : )
Chain swords are awesome.  The only way would be cooler is if they had tits and were on fire.