News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Age of Sigmar Highborn Aelfs vs Khorne Bloodbound  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Age of Sigmar Highborn Aelfs vs Khorne Bloodbound
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:22:50 PM »
Played a few games against a long time Fantasy player, new time AoS player. We played with the SCGT points, but not much of a comp (none agreed on).

We played the Premptive Strike mission from the Age Of Sigmar book. One of my top favourite missions.

Mission is fairly straightforward.

There is a realmgate in the dead middle of the table. It has 8 wounds and a 3+ save.

The Invader has to defend the realmgate, while the Custodian has to destroy it. The realmgate can only be damaged in melee and the game has variable turn lengths (like 40k) but you start rolling at the end of turn 4 and the game for sure ends at the end of turn 6.

The Invader deploys their whole army within 12" of the gate, while the custodian deploys 3 units fully within 9" of a point on any table edge and at least 12" away from and of the invaders units.

At the start of the custodians movement phase, they can roll for each unit of theirs which has been destroyed, or has yet to be deployed for it to come onto the table from any table edge.

The Invader can use their command ability to bring on a dead unit, or another unit from their collection through the realmgate.

The Aelves we the Invader and I was the custodian. Filthy Aelves want to claim territory back from almighty Khorne. Bah

I had a Daemon Prince of Khorne, BloodStoker, Bloodsecrator, Might Lord of Khorne, skarr bloodwrath, two units of 5 blood warriors, 20 bloodreavers and two Khorgoroths.

She had a Mage, a unit of Swordmasters, Phoenix, archers, seaguard, Illaryian reavers and a bolt thrower.

We played two games. The first one ended quickly, where I deployed the Korgoroths, Daemon Prince and Bloodstoker T1. I whipped the Korgorths, who proceeded to charge the Alef wizard (who was in the open) and punk him turn 1. I cut of her reinforcements, but it was still a close game. But, I managed to destroy the realmgate turn 4.

Game 2.

She kept her wizard out of sight. I started with the Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker and BloodReavers.

I got in all of my units, except for the khorne lord. I deployed most of it with my starting force, while the Prince and a unit of Blood Warriors started on the opposite side of the table to split her force up.

T1

The Bloodsecrator planted his banner and the bloodstoker whipped the Bloodreavers who charged into the seaguard alongside Skarr (who rolled like a boss for his charge). Managed to kill all the seaguard and pull in the reavers too.

The Aelfs responded by pulling a unit of DragonKnights through the Realmgate and pulling the reavers out of combat. random shooting saw two wounds taken off the daemon prince and three of the bloodwarriors next to him killed. Dragonknights and swordmasters charged Skarr and the BloodReavers. Skarr did some work against the Knights, but a bunch of attacks against a unit with no save killed most of the bloodreavers, although thankfully with the bloodsecrators banner pulsing with the energies of Khornes realm, I didn't need to take Battleshock tests.

T2

The Aelves stole the first turn and summoned in a unit of while lions across from the Daemon Prince. The Aleves shooting/assaulting saw the Prince take some more wounds as well as the Korgoroths and the Bloodreavers finished off.

Well, Guessn who's back? That's right. The Bloodreavers. Khorne Lord made his presence known as well. The Bloodreavers charge into the swordmasters, a unit of bloodwarriors charge into the dragonknights. Daemon Prince pulled off a boss charge and went into the Mage on the realmgate.

This is where I made my big mistake. I was greedy and decided to attack with the bloodreavers, before the swordmasters attacked them. Although my hordes of attacks did some good damage, my opponent countered by bringing her white lions into my Daemon Prince, who was cut apart, before he could attack the mage. amphetamine parrot. Skarr also was torn down by the dragonknights, who were hurting from attacks back from the Bloodwarriors. Swordmasters only had a handful of models left.

At this point, I had weakened this facing of her army. I need to break through and attack the gate. The game could end in two turns.

T3

I win the first turn. I bring in all my reinforcements. The Mighty Lord of Khorne's command ability pays off well for him, as he gets a charge off through a gap in the lines into the gate, while the Daemon Prince charges the last remaining Swordmasters and the Korgoroths pile into the Phoenix.

Lord does a couple of wounds to the gate, while the prince kills off the last of Swordmasters (two models). This opens up the bloodreavers to pile into the gate and while lions (while part of the giant unit is mauling the bolt thrower lol). Khorgoroths managed to do a few wounds to the Phoenix, who I need to get through. Blood Reavers smoke the White Lions and bolt thrower crew (so nice when within 12" of the bloodsecrator).

My opponent fails to open to the realmgate (thank Khorne) and tries to pepper my units with arrows (killing my khorne lord!) I continue to pile in and do a few wounds to the phoenix and the gate.

T4

The Prince piles into the gate, with the Bloodreavers. Them and the lord reduce the gate to only three wounds.

My opponent opens the gate, and brings in an Aelf lord on dragon. Nuts. Dragon proceeds to obliterator the bloodreavers.

We roll for a turn 5 and get it.

T5

Ignoring the dragon, I focus attacks on the realmgate, and tear it down.

Victory for the Khorne Bloodbound!

This game would have been over quicker, if I had just taken out the mage with the prince right away when I had the chance. All the free (and powerful units) really sucked to have to chew through. I was only thankful I could recycle all my units.

I really need to invest into some sort of unit for fire support. Either a skullcannon, or Skaven Jezzails. I hope you folks enjoyed reading. I was vague about some of the details, if you folks want to know more about how Age of Sigmar or the mission works/worked let me know!

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Age of Sigmar Highborn Aelfs vs Khorne Bloodbound
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:26:59 AM »
Looks like you had another great table to play on.  I really enjoy looking at the pictures which accompany your battle reports.

It's the first time that I've seen some High Elves in action.  Are they still very much a high damage output low resilience army?  It was a bit hard to tell from the reports.

Congratulations on your victories.  I think that you're getting the hang of Age of Sigmar rather quickly :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Age of Sigmar Highborn Aelfs vs Khorne Bloodbound
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »
Hard to say. They don't seem to have a lot of models (at least what my opponent had) which had many saves better then 5+, but they do tend to have a lot of attacks, which hit very well. Besides the monsters, not many units seem to do more than 1 damage though.

I was highly underwhelmed by the dragon knights, but the white lions were really good.

I just cannot wait until the Generals Handbook comes out and we can have a standardized means of playing the game.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria