News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!  (Read 63532 times)

Offline flatworldsedge

• Corners conceal treasures
    • flatworldsedge photography
  • Armies: Eldar
Re: Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!
« Reply #340 on: July 25, 2017, 06:09:35 PM »
Love the wild energy and surging to his pose - and with the fluff shuffled in among the images, it's a wonderful showcase of the character.  Magic stuff.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #341 on: July 25, 2017, 07:31:54 PM »
Thanks a millions guys :) you flatter me! Glad you enjoy them as much as I do!

Last one of the dude(tte)s that was just awaiting the final touches for paint :)

What happens when a Warlock wanders the Outcast Path? Wild psykers. Powerful, in their own way. Lacking finesse, but unfettered access to emotion provides them with a turbulent rawness which can often achieve a similar effect.

Mostly they wander alone. On occasion they find Outcast bands who tolerate their presence, although usually for only a short while. A Hedge-Witch is a valuable resource, but a risky one. Out here, far from the safety of the craftworlds, the gaze of She Who Thirsts rarely falters.

Maegwen liked this band. Perhaps they hadn't learnt better yet, but even being tolerated for longer than was necessary was more than she usually expected. Perhaps she could make a real difference to these people. Perhaps through this she could atone for what she had done, all those years ago.

What did she do? I don't know...but there must be a reason she compulsively paints the bloodied hand of Khaine on her face...
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #342 on: July 25, 2017, 10:50:14 PM »
very nice job on the bloody hand print. I guess it would be seeing the world through the haze of Khaine :)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #343 on: July 25, 2017, 11:25:03 PM »
Creepy Ynnead!
Very blessed creepy, mate... I like it. The bloody hand print is a nice touch.

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #344 on: July 26, 2017, 02:38:21 AM »
Can't add much to what I already said before, except to say that this is one more cool artwork :)

Are those Glade Guard legs? )
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #345 on: July 26, 2017, 05:20:45 AM »
Thaks guys! I'm chuffed to bits with how the hand-print turned out :) it wasn't actually something i'd planned, but i was flicking through TV Tropes that day and read a page on Orks, so had a picture of an Uruk-Hai with the white hand of saruman on his face looking at me when i unlocked my phone and thought 'hey' that would look really cool!'

They are Glad Guard legs yeah, but i've found they stand a little shorter than Eldar, so i clipped off the leg bit leaving just the layered cloth, clipped off some Guardian legs at the knee (ouch!) And stuck the two together which has come out at the perfect height :)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #346 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:15 AM »
Nice work as always Ynnead. I just love your color scheme. Really takes me back to the old days when Eldar were a bit more ghostly and ethereal... especially in the artwork. Love the blood too... super nice touch. Great stuff Ynnead keep rocking!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #347 on: July 28, 2017, 12:08:05 PM »
Thanks dude! Yeah some of the older artwork that makes eldar look really alien/ethereal. A lot of the newer stuff does too if you compare their proportions to humans).

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #348 on: August 1, 2017, 07:32:28 PM »
I thought I'd share the Corsairs I knocked together a while ago since they're relatively low on the painting list :) these were mainly an exercise in just seeing what bits and pieces I could throw together and to see what looked cool for future endeavours, but there's a couple of ideas I've been thinking based on them.

Basically, these guys are a little more 'low-rent' than the Khaine's Ravens. While the latter are a veritable shadow-empire, these 5 are just a band of vagabonds scratching a living as mercenaries and guns-for-hire.

Felarch:

Wrack/Avenger

War-witch (I'm thinking she's a Wych who showed latent psychic powers, and only just managed to escape Commorragh with her life)

The Lovers (One thought I had is that when Eldar pair together they develop a deeper and deeper psychic bond, one effect of which is that they begin unconsciously mirroring each other's actions)

The whole gang

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #349 on: August 2, 2017, 06:37:54 AM »
Looking good as always bud. Love the Harlie bits. Gotta get some of those pistols they look awesome. So much less stubby than the Stormy pistols.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #350 on: August 2, 2017, 07:50:07 AM »
Niiiiice, Ynnead!
I like the lover's touch, a cool fluff behind them. There should be interesting rules that go with these. A twin linked, even in combat style maybe? A blood lust kind of rule if one is killed and the other survives?   

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #351 on: August 2, 2017, 08:40:52 AM »
Oh man the amount of work poored into this army is absolutly baffeling (is that even english?). I can't believe it honestly monstruously good : army, project, skills, I don't know, everything!

Igot to say in your latest addition the one I prefer probably are the lovers. I love the Idea of incorporating such à concept in your army. That said. Rather than purely mimiking each other I think à more powerfull connection is created by having two mind knowing what the other does, and incorporating each others movements into the movement of the other. So judjing for your past realisation it is something you can pull of. I think a pair of character wich if far from each other seems to have weird pose, but side by side support each others could be really cool. Side idea I'm'throwing there cause I can't realy do it myself.

Great work dude keep it up!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #352 on: August 2, 2017, 07:26:41 PM »
Thanks a ton guys!

@Cav Yeah the Harlie bits are really nice. It's so nice to actually have shuriken pistols in plastic that actually look elegant. I must admit that I stock up on them whenever they're in stock on bits sites as they're so useful ;)

@saim-dann Ooh good ideas. There should be a neat little rules interaction between these two. I'm thinking something to do with their shared consciousness. Something like if one of them is affected by Fear or Fearless, or telepathic attack like Mind War, or simply fleeing/rallying then it happens to both of them in tandem even if they're on opposite ends of the board.

@grizzlykin "I'm throwing there cause I can't really do it myself yet"

Fixed that for you ;) if you head back to page 5 I managed to unearth some of my earliest models. They're living proof that all it takes is practice ;)

You've actually hit the nail on the head for exactly how I think this works :) I wrote a bit of a blurb to go with it, but couldn't really explain it properly. You're absolutely right it'd go beyond just passive mirroring of another's actions. The only real way I could think to describe it is that their consciousnesses steadily attune to the point that they're more akin to a single mind/soul split between two bodies.

This being 40k, it can't be all roses though. I wonder what would happen if one falls in battle...

No wonder the Eldar regulate their emotions so strictly.

Oh, and just finished painting a new little gribbly dude :)

All creatures great and small,
The Plague God made them all.

- Ancient Albian Proverb, popular among legionnaires of the XIV

We assume it must have been human once...

You will find, dearest friend, that all beings have their place in the universe. Naturally, humanity's is below ours. Is not the fact that we do not seek your extermination not proof of our benevolence?

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #353 on: August 3, 2017, 03:05:58 AM »

This being 40k, it can't be all roses though. I wonder what would happen if one falls in battle...

No wonder the Eldar regulate their emotions so strictly.

Either you take two casuality, either you fail your moral check, either you don't care^^ In the lore ine battle they migh not notice it because of the battle mask, or they might grow crazy and do weird stuff. Eldar are so hard to pinppoint on the psychological side.

OK will check that page 6^^

Twisted color scheme for these one up. Really goes well with the model great job!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #354 on: August 3, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »
Damn man... love that little creature! One of my favorites of all your models so far. He'd be awesome as a wandering objective (like the relic). Sort of a capture the 40k Gollum (from Lord of the Rings) before the enemy captures him and gets the information. Actually that'd be a fun mission in Shadow War. Anyway sweet stuff as always my friend

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #355 on: August 9, 2017, 08:00:57 AM »
Thanks dude :) glad you like him. I remember reading about an Inquisimunda game where each side had to capture an objective that was a drunk planetary governor. Each turn, they'd roll a scatter die and a d6 to find out where he'd move. Oh, amd there was a GM-orchestrated Tyranid attack at the same time. Sounds like a ton of fun!

Made up four more dude(tte)s for my Outcast warband :) the survivors of those who followed Ilgaith into exile.

You…you have a child? Out here?

Many of us have. We live out here, with all that entails. Quite frankly, what choice did we have?

Where Ilgaith goes, we follow. It's not as if we could return without something to barter our freedom for anyway. I've heard what the Angvai do to deserters...

One of the things these guys have let me do is scratch an itch that I've been feeling for a while. It's a bit of a trope in war-settings that the worlds are completely devoid of children. Things usually take a step towards the gritty and the realistic if they do include them, which seems right up the INQ28-style street :)

It also gives a valuable little glimpse that the galaxy might not be 'only war'. Interwoven with the warfare and strife are countless billions of families just trying to survive in a wartorn dystopian future.

For these eldar it's especially poignant as eldar children are so few and far between. Discovering you're with child when you're a vat-born clone with a slim chance of survival would be a bedrock-solid reason to desert. Also, it's a little suggestion that there might be more to Outcasts than just eldar deciding they want a gap-year from the Path system. There are eldar living outside the safety of the craftworlds or Commorragh (through choice or necessity), surviving against the odds :)

Also, when i finally get round to playig a game it might make people think twice about shooting at her...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #356 on: August 9, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »
Very nice work Ynnead. Love that Sniper rifle conversion (did I get that right?) too. Really effective. Seen a lot of people try it, but this has gotta be the best. You totally nailed it.

Also very cool backstory too. Love all the thought that goes into the background of your guys. Mark of a true hobbyist! Killer work my friend. Keep it up!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #357 on: August 9, 2017, 02:02:13 PM »
Those are really cool Ynnead. Outcasts that look the part - totally cast out! Your work has so much character bud, it really is a pleasure seeing these updates. Some people may kit bash...but you create new worlds with your work. Just stunning.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2017, 04:56:07 AM »
Thanks a ton guys!

I'm dead pleased with the sniper rifle :) the only thing I feel it's missing somewhat is a stock, but apart from that I'm happy :)

Oh, a bit of headcanon I thought of to explain everyone's different designs of kitbashed snipers. Outcasts don't exactly have a manufacturing base churning out Range Longrifles. So, each one will be hand-made by the outcast from whatever scavenged and modified bits they can find. Hence all the different varieties :)

Glad you like the fluff :) part of the reason I've gone deeper down the rabbit-hole of more world-buildy stuff is I saw all the awesome work people are doing for INQ28 with expanding the Imperium to show its infinite variety and thought 'logically, the Eldar would be every bit as varied as the Imperium'...so I set out to prove that ;)

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2017, 07:33:12 AM »
...so I set out to prove that ;)

By all means please keep it up Ynnead! If only BL writers writing about Eldar could show your level of creativity and heart-felt approach (if I can put it this way). Your fluff is so amazing it's unbelievable. If you ever decide to write a full-sized book (or even a short story for that matter) I'm your first buyer  :)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus