News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork Codex No Longer Avaliable!  (Read 3305 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
Ork Codex No Longer Avaliable!
« on: March 8, 2016, 04:20:35 PM »
That's Right Boyz!
We have prayed to the Gods and now GW appears to be fulfilling our hopes!  The GW webstore has grayed out the book and added the No Longer Available tag.  This can only mean that a new codex is on the way!

I honestly don't care about new units, or formations, or a decurion, there's only 1 thing I need (and think we all need): a change to Mob Rule to remove their high chance of suicide.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty else I'd love to see (like Cybork returning to an Invul save, getting rid of Kan stupidity checks, and giving Flash Gits back Eavy Armor especially when their official models are nothing but armor plates banner poles + a gun... just to name a few), BUT all that is icing!

New Codex Day is coming, and we didn't have to wait 7 years this time!  I'm so happy I could kiss a face eater squig!

Peace
~OD

Post Script: If this turns out to be that they are reprinting the current I'm going to be the saddest puppy in the world
« Last Edit: March 8, 2016, 04:22:21 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Online Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Ork Codex No Longer Avaliable!
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »
I honestly don't care about ... formations, or a decurion...
If they are releasing a new codex, you can pretty much guarantee that these are exactly what you will be getting.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2016, 05:01:51 PM »
True enough Lomandalis, but like I said in an email I sent GW on new years, they could republish the 4th Edition codex word for word and I'd gladly pay $100 bucks for it without a single complaint.  Yes I may have been drunk at the time, why else would I email GW begging them to release a product that would only cause me to spend every spare dime I have.

Today is just the best day... well until I have a new Ork codex in my hands that doesn't have my Orks constantly committing Seppuku; I mean honestly they already die easily enough without that idiotic rule.

I do have to wonder how they'll replace it.  Will they go back to the beginning and give us size checks again (oh pretty pretty please!), could we see a return of fearless if we have over 10 minis again, could our troops that start to run away Mob Up with another Ork Infantry squad once more; my questions are endless, as is my enthusiasm.

I never thought I could believe in miracles until today.  A new Ork codex before the 2020s!

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: March 8, 2016, 05:04:14 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »
I'd be just as happy with real errata or FAQs addressing everything you listed in the initial rant...er...op ed.   I miss having burnas as troop choices and cybork invul saves as well...I remember the lean years between codex editions, and how mildly disappointed I was with what we got after so many years.  Mind, it is still head and shoulders above what we had from 2nd through 4th edition, if for no other reason the gawdy color schemes are a thing of the past...but, I do miss having an assortment of power weapons like other races and bolt guns to boot...but I digress.  I'd be happy with a codex by this Christmas...next Valentine's Day at the latest...seriously. ..I'm not getting any younger, or any more wealthy...

my 2 teef

Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
Well I could be remembering things incorrectly, but if I am remembering correctly its usually around 5-6 weeks after a codex is taken off the shelf before the new version comes in to replace it.

If I were a betting man (and really I'm not after my last Vegas Trip), I'd put down some money that this release will coincide with the Battle for Vedros starter set.  I may not be the biggest fan of GW rebranding and marketing towards 8 year olds (when I started I remember being told this game was for 18 and up), but its a Vedros will re-release the AoBR Warboss (and yes I really need at least 1 more of those, no I'm not being sarcastic), AoBR Kopta (also want more of those), and some new Wartrakk!

Seriously if you don't believe me look up the Battle for Vedros, you can see six kits (3 SM, 3 Ork) and one of them happens to be a Wartrakk, which means FINALLY a new Wartrakk mini!  Sure its the same Gorka Morka art which is almost 20 years old, but I don't care about that!  That art and design as held up exceptionally well, its just a very lackluster model kit with little in the way of details or bits, and even if this is going to be a snapfit model its at least a step up.

Is it possible to get drunk by just hearing good news, cause I kinda feel as giddy as if I had drunk a couple of pints!  Heck I just changed the words to a bad pop song from my neighbor's annoyingly loud radio to celebrate.

I want to run thru the halls of GW corporate
I want to Waaaagh at the top of my lungs
I just found out there's no such thing as Mob Rule
It was just a lie - Orks will rise above

Peace
~OD

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 02:02:14 AM »
I want to see whats in it, I mean they have gotten pretty stupid with their prices, you get half the info for almost twice the price...

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »
Well I could be remembering things incorrectly, but if I am remembering correctly its usually around 5-6 weeks after a codex is taken off the shelf before the new version comes in to replace it.

If I were a betting man (and really I'm not after my last Vegas Trip), I'd put down some money that this release will coincide with the Battle for Vedros starter set.  I may not be the biggest fan of GW rebranding and marketing towards 8 year olds (when I started I remember being told this game was for 18 and up), but its a Vedros will re-release the AoBR Warboss (and yes I really need at least 1 more of those, no I'm not being sarcastic), AoBR Kopta (also want more of those), and some new Wartrakk!

Seriously if you don't believe me look up the Battle for Vedros, you can see six kits (3 SM, 3 Ork) and one of them happens to be a Wartrakk, which means FINALLY a new Wartrakk mini!  Sure its the same Gorka Morka art which is almost 20 years old, but I don't care about that!  That art and design as held up exceptionally well, its just a very lackluster model kit with little in the way of details or bits, and even if this is going to be a snapfit model its at least a step up.

I hate to burst your bubble, but from what I have seen, the Battle for Vedros stuff seems to all be OLD miniatures repackaged for the purposes of selling in larger chain stores. Most of them look to be Black Reach Orks and Marines, but the Wartrakk looks to be the same old sculpt used in GorkaMorka. If I remember correclty, I think the newest kit in the lot is the Grots.

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 12:11:58 PM »
I thought I had made a depressing post about how its back on their webstore in a softcover format along with the joke about being the saddest puppy in the world, oh well chalk that one up.

I hate to burst your bubble, but from what I have seen, the Battle for Vedros stuff seems to all be OLD miniatures repackaged for the purposes of selling in larger chain stores. Most of them look to be Black Reach Orks and Marines, but the Wartrakk looks to be the same old sculpt used in GorkaMorka. If I remember correclty, I think the newest kit in the lot is the Grots.

It is true that what has been seen thus far of Vedros appears to be half of AoBR, most likely 1 sprue that is being recast, BUT what hasn't been seen as of yet is the Vedros SM Bikes, SM attack bike, Ork Gretchen or Ork Wartrakk.  They are very direct in their advertising that Vedros kits are snap fit models, and as they are marketing directly to an 8 year old consumer I doubt that it will be a recast of the 1997 kit.

Having made a number of those old school Wartrakks I can tell you that it isn't a Snap Fit.  Sure you don't need a lot of glue, but the trakks won't stay in place without it, nor will the Orks arms or the handlebars for the driver.

All the Vedros kits are new packaging, each with a symbol stating "Easy to Build" implying that they are different from the stock option available at GW stores.  Sure each of the kits stock from GW aren't exactly difficult to build, and all the artwork on the packaging we've seen before (well the Herda on the Grot box looks fairly new), but I doubt that GW would open up to the potential PR disaster of selling models to children that claim to be Snap Fit and aren't.

Could I be wrong?  That is of course a possibility, and I've also been wrong many times before (case in point this thread).  But I think the fact that thus far we have only seen the box art for the supplements to Vedros means that there is a greater reveal in the plans that hasn't happened yet.

Peace
~OD

Post Script: In the event that someone has spotted the Vedros Wartrakk please do let me know.  Just in case I'll have prepared both a victory dance and a 'I guess I was wrong again' dunce cap.

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 03:40:30 PM »
I don't see anything on the official website that states anything as being snap-fit - just "easy to put together" - and that is only mentioned for the Starter Set. *EDIT* I see the "Easy to Build" icon on the packaging now - I didn't notice that before - still, no mention of "snap-fit".

The website also mentions:

"Building: Follow assembly instructions carefully. Children should seek adult assistance when removing components from the frame, using appropriate tools. Many Battle for Vedros models require glue to assemble, and plastic cement glue appropriate for use by children aged 8 years and upwards should be used (again children should do so under the supervision of an adult)."

So I am fairly certain what we will see here is all old models - as much as I would LOVE for there to be a new Wartrakk.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
The Ork codex on the Canada website just says 'temporarily
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline OD from TV

• Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 01:57:46 PM »
The Ork codex on the Canada website just says 'temporarily
Yeah, I really should just lock this thread stating whoops I jumped to conclusions.

The Ork Codex will no longer be supported in Hardback, GW is switching over to a slightly cheaper Softcover for the Orks.  Just another way the poor Ork codex is in a class below all the others.  If Canada hasn't refreshed this by now, then their web guys are really slow.

As for Vedros, I'm afraid Ambience that you may be correct, in which case I'll only moreso have to soak my head in the shameful dunce cap. I remember constantly being told the snap fit aspect, but your right its no where on the site, and that disclaimer is pretty strong evidence that everything will just be a repack of the sameole sameold.

One day though... one day we could have a decent codex again.  Just please let it be before the 2020s.

Peace
~OD