News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Ard boyz lists  (Read 4288 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: 'Ard boyz lists
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 09:03:10 AM »
the_humble _terminator...  I think the other list was a bit better organized to be honest and would hit a bit harder.

Also double posting is a violation of the rules...     
*red flag*  to the penalty box with you....

Hey boss, I don't think that is a double post as there is more than one day between posts, his "first" was on the 12th and the "second" was on the 15th. I know that if there hasn't been a reply for a few days and I have something pertinent to add I go ahead and post. Just look at the battle of the bosses thread, you will see I have a couple of back to back posts, but they are not double posting as there are a few days between posts.

As far as I know, a double post is posting in the same thread back to back on the same day, or even within minutes of the last post. I realize this may not be the place to discuss forum rules, but we might as well, as this is the first potential use of the penalty box, we might want to get it right from the start and not have adapt as we go.

My two teef.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:31 AM »
Skeetergod it is known as thread "bumping"  maybe techinically not double posting (as there is a time lapse).  I am not sure if it is allowed in all forums or not.  In most forums it isn't.  The only time I thought you could thread bump is in a blog post in which you are the starter of the post or in a project board / conversion or painting project where time lapses.    I could be wrong but as I have to get ready for work I will have to get back to you on that.

I will adjust as needed if I am wrong then I will adjust it to one week (as he did get hit by the mods on another post recently).

I am sure one of our mods will *chime in* before I get to look it up though.   We got some very knowledgable ones working for us. 

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 03:47:44 PM »
Skeetergod it is known as thread "bumping"  maybe techinically not double posting (as there is a time lapse).  I am not sure if it is allowed in all forums or not.  In most forums it isn't.  The only time I thought you could thread bump is in a blog post in which you are the starter of the post or in a project board / conversion or painting project where time lapses.    I could be wrong but as I have to get ready for work I will have to get back to you on that. 

I apologize if I bumped the thread up to the top, but the situation stands that I had already posted on my possible list for 'Ard boyz, and I figured, why start a new thread based on another thread that I started already. (*hint* I started this thread) (this could be considered a blog post since I wanted feedback on an opinion of mine(opinion being that I might run ___ list in 'Ard boyz) so, if you go by what you said above, then what's the problem?)

My position was this: I was not going to run the previously posted list, and it WAS about 'ard boyz, so why not post in this thread? It's not like it was a month old post or something. I started this thread 2 weeks ago (roughly) and the last post was about 3 days ago. I didn't see an issue...but if there is, like I said, I apologize.
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 06:10:45 PM »
The_humble_terminat or,   I agree that it is a different idea so that is why I am kind of on the fence about it and will probably just seek the answer at a later time from a mod.   

Here is my thinking though as I see it two different ways...
On the one side...  it moves the post up to the top of the board which usually isn't a good thing as it is basically self promoting.   So in theory one could bump their post up once a week to the top... which makes their post count go up and moves a semi-dead thread to the top.

-now in your case you added a different element / list which is technically a different idea and as such usually in a different thread.   If you wanted a comparision then I would post the list as you did but edit your Subject to reflect a new list there.   Otherwise a lot of people will see the same post and just kinda ignore it because they feel they have already read it and won't know there is a new list there.   You could change your subject to help me pick a list for ard boyz.   or added a second list and the date.   This will let members know there is new content to review.  (not sure if this kinda bumping is allowed or not but I will find out)  But in this case it makes sense which I believe is what your intentions were.   

Posts are not blogs...  blogs are usually an ongoing project or such that updates on progress are done over time, or say games or whatever the blog is about.   Topics/ subjects should really not be considered blogs.  I dunno how far you could stretch different lists or editing them to count as a blog but I doubt it would fly very far at all to be honest. 

Again I don't have a definate answer yet and as such I will reduce the penalty box down to one week.  We have been getting a lot of slack (mostly about new members) from our mods who have been working overtime in our board. 

My suggestion would be to update the subject if you are going to add new content or post a new post.  I do understand why you might not want to post a new post especially if you would want someone to compare the two lists.   

I will find out the official ruling though but either way I will retract my red flag on this post as I do understand your intentions a bit better and I think you wanted us maybe to look at this list and compare it to the other one in which case I don't see anything really wrong with that. 

*update*  I had time to look up the answer today in the rules section

h)No thread bumping.  Everyone deserves to have their armylist read and given feedback, but it is a busy forum and that does not always happen.  Bumping your own thread or others hijacks frontpage time from active threads.

From there in 4i it states that adding new information should go in a new post.   

Since I had to research it and agree that there is some objectivity to it, and understand what you did there will be no penatly on this.   We will just call it a learning experience on all parts.    :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:55:20 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 06:01:22 AM »
While I'm "sure" all that needed to be said, how about letting us Moderate the forum - you know... the Moderators

We have access to a much more permanent method of punishment than the "penalty box", I'm not even sure what your penalty box is but I know that members keeping track of and punishing rule breaking by other members won't be tolerated so I hope this is the last time we ever see mention of it

I saw the post, decided it was fine as it was a case of an army list thread in which after a few days a post was made expressing the outcome of a battle using said list and while you may all think we're evil incarnate we do have a modicum of common sense and decency

While we're on the subject of the rules though.... AoD did you happen to read as far as #5? Specifically the last line:
Quote from: Forum Rules
Do not take matters into your own hands and comment on others' behaviors, use the Report to moderator button instead.

If you see something like this, stab the report button and let us handle it, taking matters into your own hands often leads to arguments (which admittedly hasn't happened this time as people have remained civil)

Let the Mods Moderate and you guys carry on without wasting half a page of replies talking about something which I'd already seen, decided was fine and allowed to carry on as normal
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:05:33 AM by Changeyname »
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »
Sounds like a good idea Changeyname.  Point taken.   

We got a really good group and remain civil even in our debates for the most part, even though we are orks.

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
[quote author=angel of death 007 link=topic=215553.msg2628939#msg2628939 date=131082310
We got a really good group and remain civil even in our debates for the most part, even though we are orks.
[/quote]

Wel, I'z be da orky thred stahrtur, So'z I'z sae wee dook et owt, yoo kan bee sivul iff yoo wahnt, buht dat iz fo yoo gitz, nawta gud orkky bozz lyk mee!!

On a serious note though, I am relieved that this will be basically ignored for the purpose of penalties...blah blah blah....

Thanks, Changeyname, I am glad we were in agreement on this, and AOD.....I meant it when I said civilness is for weak Gitz....LOL just kidding.

However, to keep this post on topic, and not get in trouble with the mods for posting THIS.....  ;D

My new thread based on this issue can be found HERE:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=215962.0
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
Rather than edit again, I will just repost.

---->

HQ
120-Big Mek, Burna, Kustom Force Field, 'Eavy armour, Cybork

105-Warboss-Power Klaw, Twin Linked Shoota, 'Eavy armour, Cybork

Troops

505-Nobz-Cybork, 'Eavy Armour
Painboy (no 'eavy armour.....grrrr)
Nob-Power Klaw, Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Big Choppa, Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Big Choppa, Shoota-Skorcha
Nob-Big Choppa, Twin Linked Shoota
Nob-Power Klaw, Bosspole
Nob-Power Klaw, Waaagh! Banner
Nob-Shoota-Rokkit
Nob-Shoota-Skorcha
Nob-(no TL Shoota)*
Trukk-Boarding Plank

162-Slugga Boyz (12 total)
Big Shoota
Nob- Power Klaw, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armour
Trukk-*Rokkit launcha, Boarding Plank

162-Slugga Boyz (12 total)
Big Shoota
Nob- Power Klaw, Bosspole, 'Eavy Armour
Trukk-*Rokkit launcha, Boarding Plank

240-Slugga Boyz (30 total)
3x Big shoota
Nob-Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole

240-Slugga Boyz (30 total)
3x Big shoota
Nob-Power Klaw, 'Eavy Armour, Bosspole

Fast Attack

225-5x Deffcoptas-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

*70-1x Deffcopta-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha, Buzzsaw

225-5x Deffcoptas-Twin Linked Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support

165-3x Killa Kans-3x Kustom Mega Blasta

165-3x Killa Kans-3x Kustom Mega Blasta

115-Boomwagon-Boomgun, 'Ard Case

(Warboss go with Nob Squad)

Basically, as a Kan wall/Speed Freaks Hybrid, the trukk'd units try to get stuck in as quick as possible. Meanwhile, the KFF Mek, walking behind the Boomwagon, gives cover to the Kans and the 30 strong mobs, and the Boomwagon, of course. ;) I think this would supply a good medium for the Hybrid. C&C?

Honestly I still like this list the best out of techically all 3.   The new list the Flash gitz or the nobz one doesn't have a ride.   In this list you are more balanced and have a well supported fast element and a well supported slower element.   Or what I call a 1-2 combo.   

It allows you to play aggressively in  KP missions and play both offensively and defensively in capture / control and objective style missions.  This list offers the most flexibility.   I still am not sure if I like the KMB's on kans though.  I would field them as one with rokkits and the other with grotzookas.