News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: So here's my entry, comp ORK WARBANDS / CLANS My speed freak battlewagon  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
With cancellation of this month's painting competition considering, and being the one to  chose the subject matter , I feel a little guilty and cant understand why it was locked .

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=196295.0

So here's my entry

my speed freak battlewagon

So here it is this was completed some time ago but it is only recently that I updated it with the black and yellow theme overall I think it looks well so hopefully you will enjoy :thumbsup:

To see more check out my blog

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: So here's my entry, comp ORK WARBANDS / CLANS My speed freak battlewagon
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 10:14:47 PM »
Discussion is being held on how better to conduct these events so that they aren't quite so frequent [as the polls they generate can be time-consuming to make], so that the rules of the contest are clearer, and perhaps so that they track the progress from beginning to end over time rather than just the end results.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:30:49 AM »
*Whistles*

Now thatz a Propa Wagon!  Nice Konversion thing goin down, good amount of battle damage, easily seen as opened top with the 2nd level battledeck.  Its pretty sweet.  In fact that yellow linework alone would have made me think twice about submitting to the event.

Speaking of which, does this mean that there will be no more Ork Contests?

What if we try to improve the contests by having a longer deadline spaced over a longer period of time.  Say for example have 1 contest start on March 1st, with a deadline of the 31st, a minimum of 3-4 pics in progress (one a week) and voting taking place early-mid April.  Then take a break until June, thereby making the process of a contest 3 months long, to cut down on the frequency and give those who can create polls extra time and a longer break between contests.

Well thats just my 2 cents.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:18:49 AM »
I would like to see the contest as a semi annual thing.  If we do a contest every month we will soon run out of codex categories and will be doing things like ugliest grot, fluffiest squig, etc.

So why don't we post a "schedule" in the post netiquette area? The winner still proposes the next contest but the contest doesn't start until the appointed time.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 05:27:13 PM »
We are discussing how the contests should be handled here:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=197109.0

If you're a fan of the contests, or would like to help manage them, feel free to join the discussion. If you can't follow the link shoot me a PM.