News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pts vs blood angels  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
2000pts vs blood angels
« on: October 3, 2015, 03:12:49 AM »
Ok guy's, it's been a real long time since i last posted some list. Wanted to try out a bunch of different things and now it's time for some feedback and list building. As you may already know I have a buddy playing blood angels and he usually do quite well against most opponents but for me so far it's 3 wins in 3 game. And he decided the next match would a hard core list were he intend to crush me flat. I already know it's going to be a eternal war missio and that he is going to avoid bringing in too many reserve so that he won't have half his army in reserve because of some unlucky role in the turn he needed them to avoid getting tabled (wich happened in the end i'm rightkng a battle report ablut that i will be sjre to post it bjt it take so damn long to do that it's hard ln my schedule this days).

I know for sure we won't be playing before long so we have plenty of time to tweek the list before the fated match! Well as he said hard core I'm intending to go hard core aswell! I have a few things in mind that he could pull of: those being Vet squad with combi grav, cassor in pod, furioso in pod, deep striking sanguinary guard, assault termi kn landraider and normal termi in landraider, plus an additional support choice of landraider. That what im expectkng because it's  either unit that work well agaknst my eldar, cassor, assault termi, grav vet  or things i always have a hard time killing, everything mek to make it short, he have a storm raven aswell and one of the flyer from forgeworld, so i'm expecting some air support coming into the next game as well.

Ok so here is the list i've been thinking about.

Eldar Warhost:

Core
Gardian host:
1 farseer singing spear
3 squad of 10 guardians with mmissile launcher
1 squad of 2 vyper with starcanon and shurican
1 squad of 2 walker with dual bright lance
1 squad of 3 support batterie with D-canon

Auxiliary
Aspect host:
1 squad of 7 warp spyder + 1 exarch with twinlinked deathspinner
1 squad of 5 swooping hawks + 1 exarch with sunrifle
1 squad of 5 fire dragons + 1 exarch with firepike, in wave Serpents with shurican everywhere and that's all.

Wraith construct
Wraithknight, i don't know yet what weapon i should give him with grav dude arround i kind like to have an invu. Yet the wraithcanonshould be the obvious choice when it comes to downing his swarm of armored things.

Engine of Vaul
1 fire prisme with spirit stone and shurican.

Hero of the craftworld
living legend
The Avatar of Khaine

Well there you have it please keep in mind while reviewing this list that i have a really aggressive play style of taking the fight to the enemy, advancing with the guardians to get in range of shuriken shot. I'm pretty bold with them and so far it payed of. And that's the reason why i'm going for the warhost. The great boost in mobility provided by this formation, is extremely usefull for me to really hit and run with my army. There is also a unit i will take in the game no matter what, it's my avatar. This guy performed well everytime i played and I intend this to be continuing.
My battle plan have yet to be determine but i guess that boldly taking out a transport out and take out what is inside it during the same turn is probably my go to strategie for now, but that's not much of a strategie that i agree^^

ok now gentleman any input?
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: 2000pts vs blood angels
« Reply #1 on: October 3, 2015, 07:36:46 AM »
I know you are playing with a limited range of models Grizz, but this list looks good against what you are about to face. I'd be very careful with the Avatar and the Wraithknight against the Sternguard with Grav. I'd keep them in reserves... especially if he's only rocking a single pod, as it'll have to come in turn 1. You'll be able to keep most of your stuff on the board and just give him hell when he deepstrikes in, but you may want to include some Scorpions, or Banshees as a counter-attack unit to pull them out of the shooting phase.

Some Flyer support would be nice as well, but the Hawks can handle a single flyer if thats what he's bringing and have better offense then an Eldar flyer if they can make contact if he's bringing a Storm Raven.

Anyway make sure you gives us a bat-rep, and share some army progress if you've made any. Good luck buddy I'll be rooting for you!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #2 on: October 3, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
Do you have any Dark Reapers at all? Even 5 Rangers?

Those should help you against his Marines.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #3 on: October 3, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »
@haunt I do have ranger and i do have reaper aswell but i'm not too sure about the reaper because i know he knows i have so he most likely won't be playing much marines, last time we played the only normal marines he had on the table were some feath compagny so that would not have been very effective. And where would you shove the points?  Because this list is exactly 2000 pts

@cavalier thanks dude well for hobby preogress i sadly don't have anything to show :/ i've been really busy with school for a long time now so i barely have any free time, wich i don't spend on the hobby this days:/ next is yes i intended to have them in reserve if he was rocking the pod list.

for those who are wondering what i have left in my collection out of this list there is :
1 squad of 10 dire avengers with exarch
10 ranger
1 autarch with wjg scrorpion sword and mandiblaster + fusion gun
1 farseer
3 warlock
6 reaper
12 banshee
Jain'Zar
1 2 extra spyder and an exarch
1 crimson hunter
1 falcon
1 wraithlord and that should be all

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #4 on: October 4, 2015, 09:30:35 AM »
If you're not expecting a lot of power armour I'd trade the star cannons for bright lances especially if you think you're facing land raiders and terminators.

I'd also throw in a wraithlord to act as a bodyguard for your avatar. He can help with cover saves, take a challenge or give a challenge in close combat to free the avatar up. I might drop the fire prism. While they are good against high armour, a lone prism might be ineffective against all those land raiders. You are taking enough fire power against armour with brightlances, fire dragons, hawks, and wraith knight.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2015, 04:14:44 PM by dog_of_war »

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2015, 02:04:58 PM »
At least now, I know why you haven't created a list with Wraithguards as a staple unit. It's due to your selection. Thank you for sharing the minis availability list.

Yes, 5 - 6 Reapers with starshots is a good addition, since you have them. I think using the Dire Avengers would be good too. That Falcon is also great as a transport for those dragons. You have a Crimson Hunter which is a good antiflyer and other vehicles.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #6 on: October 4, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »
ok well then i will try to come up with 2 or 3 other list and come back at you guy's.

Offline Lyonic

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: October 6, 2015, 03:22:58 AM »
Have to agree with you about the avatar and wraithknight. I would also go for sword and shield because you lack any real cqc.

on the fire prism i would switch the shurkien cannon out for a ghost walk matrix. You don't really want to be in range to use the shuriken and being able to not make terrain tests i feel would be better.

Avatar is a strange one as the only the he will do is fearless. Make sure u take out any dev squads before he comes on if u can.

i would also think about giving your waveserpent either a brightlance or starcannon. The fact that it comes with rerolls on whatever u choose makes it too valuable for a puny shuriken cannon!