News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153835 times)

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #920 on: March 18, 2016, 02:46:22 AM »
I'm not dead yet, sorry I haven't been around in quite some time, life got in the way yet again and I seem to have lost everything I had for ALL my games except my Blood Angels. Kind of disheartening if you think about it, that's well over $10,000 worth of models, paints, airbrush and gear... all of it, but I'm slowly working my way back to getting all my supplies and models replaced, very slow process mind you.

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2016, 02:02:37 PM »
Its easy to get disheartened Rayvn, the hard part is to steel yourself against that storm of troubles brewing just outside the gates.

In other words (or rather less eccentric and convoluted phrases), Best of luck at getting it all back.  If there's any hard to find things, don't hesitate to ask, someone here might be able to give you an assist.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #922 on: March 23, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
Well then, my wife is very happy now... :'(

I went to a GW store here in Orlando and nothing new for the orks and so I left without buying anything...

So, I must wait and wait some more :P
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #923 on: March 23, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »
Skeet:  funny how the "little things" keep the better halves happy, ain't it?

Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #924 on: March 30, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »
Skeet:  funny how the "little things" keep the better halves happy, ain't it?

I know!!!

So, I have had to console myself with building stuff that is in my to do/bit box. Finally started to put together my spider rider "bikers". Been meaning to do that project for a while. For some reason it just isn't as fun as putting together new stuff... ::)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #925 on: March 30, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
Well I have some good news, I've replaced the airbrush, compressor and hose, and got The Army Painter Mega Paint set, now all I have to do is start replacing the models, or just start fresh and get new models.... Not sure how to tackle that obstacle yet. I know I can get stuff on the cheap on the web but want to support my LGS as well. 

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #926 on: August 4, 2016, 01:03:38 PM »
Hi all!

Skeetergod pointed me in the direction of this thread.  I just started playing 40K and my first army is an Ork army.  So, posting a reply, saying hello and hoping to join your ranks end earn me some teef.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #927 on: August 7, 2016, 06:01:48 AM »
WAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!  A new member. I have added your name to the bank account, hopefully 007 or OD come by soon and add you to the roster.

Make sure to add some picts of your army in the "Faces of the Waagh" thread.

Glad to have you aboard, even if you don't have enough red trucks... but there is still time for the KoS to work its way into your blood...

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #928 on: August 10, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
Roboknee77, welcome aboard hopefully you can get your green horde ready to take over the galaxy.  My green horde is on vacation at the moment.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #929 on: January 24, 2017, 10:46:03 PM »
The Bank Account: HERE[/u] has been updated.

Congrats to Adamscurr for being the first ork of the year to earn some teef.

Since it has been a while, if you did something to earn teef let me know and I will get the bank account updated tootiesweetie (thats french for right quick).

Offline Roboknee77

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Orks, Sisters
« Reply #930 on: January 25, 2017, 10:19:18 AM »
I kept forgetting to post here to get some teef for my Eldar vs. Ork batrep, which is here.  The majority of my games have been against Wyddr so he usually posts the reports.  This one was against a friend of ours, so first Batrep.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #931 on: April 22, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »
Time to muster up the green horde again boyz.   8th edition is on is coming and us greenskins gotta be prepared. 

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #932 on: April 24, 2017, 01:01:50 PM »
Do you think the ork codex will be better with 8th?

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #933 on: April 24, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »

Considering the current ork codex will be useless, which lets be honest it pretty much was the moment it was printed and rumor that there may not be anymore codexes... please God let this be true...

I will say this.   I think Orks and all armies for that manner will be playable.  In my mind it almost has like a 3rd edition feel where everything was in the main rulebook even basic stats for all miniatures in each army. 

I am hoping we don't need cards, books, codex's, supplements, or formation print outs to play the game.   Hopefully everything will be online for free like they did when they released AOS.  Instantly making your current armies playable.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #934 on: April 24, 2017, 01:35:32 PM »
That sure would be nice... But free and GW don't normally coincide in the same sentence... :)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #935 on: April 25, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »
Well, that sounds interesting. Just when I was starting to get the hang of this edition...

I agree that free and GW are two opposing poles of the spectrum, but maybe their sales have slipped a bit and so they have to drum up new addicts players, so to get them hooked started they offer some free stuff.  ;)

I will, of course, still have 20k points of orks that will need adapting to the new way of being red and going faster. We shall see..

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #936 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »
Anyone know of any major rules changes affecting the orks? I know it's speculation at this point, but what are we expecting... I've pretty much all but quit playing at this point so the only place to go is up! :)

Adam

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #937 on: April 25, 2017, 05:33:34 PM »
The only thing I can say is that it seems very likely orks will hit everything in assault on 3s.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #938 on: April 25, 2017, 06:05:58 PM »
After months of not having a computer after the last one died, I'm glad to be back online just before they drop a new edition.

Considering the current ork codex will be useless, which lets be honest it pretty much was the moment it was printed and rumor that there may not be anymore codexes... please God let this be true...
By all the Gods in 40k, fantasy, sigmar, and earth let us have playable Orks again.

Everything I've read so far suggests a massive reset like they did for 3rd which makes me excited and happy.  Of course I've done less then an hour of research, and some things I've heard I'm hoping is rumor mongering.  Like individual damage charts for all vehicles and MCs, or a removal of templates from the game. My big fear is the game will bring back more 2nd Ed [censored] which has been a major trend starting in 5th (or did duels, I mean challenges come back in 6th? I can't keep editions straight anymore).

I'm majorly nervous about the reintroduction of a Movement stat, I'm hoping, nay PRAYING that Orks don't get hit down to a 4" move (the move stat of Orks from 2nd Ed, while majority of Nids had 6" move stat).  Variable move stats are interesting, but I have that nagging habit of looking from the 3rd Edition perspective and how making movement a static 6" across the board for Infantry made the game faster paced (no longer looking up stats during the Movement Phase) and more balanced.

I'm sure I'd be more pessimistic about 8th Ed if we were still playing with the 4th Edition rulebook.  Or in other words, if I felt the current codex was playable I wouldn't want the carpet taken out from under me.  But Wooo!  I want to play Orkz again!

Anyone know of any major rules changes affecting the orks?
Ditto to this!  If anybody hears anything please post to keep us all in the loops!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #939 on: April 25, 2017, 09:27:18 PM »
You can find the official "rumors" here:
Warhammer 40,000

The orks have a section on them:
https://warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/#xenos-forces

To make it even more amazing is it even has a new FAQ:
https://warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Now, we have to wait.... Something we orks are not too good at.

Evil Green