News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Locke's 2000 point extended Cadre  (Read 483 times)

Offline Locke

• Bring the Rain
Locke's 2000 point extended Cadre
« on: May 21, 2009, 09:43:32 PM »
It's been a while since I've written a list, but in the face of my ever-gray Tau (I've been playing this game for 4 years and still haven't gotten past gray and primer on my paining... wow.) expanding a bit, I worked out some rules at my LGS to let me have my fun without being outclassed. Basically, imperial armour is allowed in fights so long as it's not a flyer, and not superheavy. This allows for a bit more fun units without the danger of things becoming silly and overbalanced.

Please give some critque! I'm curious as to how this list will fare, it's facing mostly MEQ & Ork armies, with the occasional IG.

Shas'O R'myr & 2 Shield Drones

Shas'el Sa'Cea'Kanvah'Kais
Cyclic Ion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, Targetting Array, Hard Wired Multi-Tracker, Hard Wired Drone Controller & 2 Shield Drones, Bonding Knife

Crisis Team, Shas'ui & Team Leader
Both: Twin Linked Missile Pod, Targetting Array
Team Leader: Target Lock

X5 Stealth Suits

X10 Firewarriors

X10 Firewarriors

X10 Firewarriors, Shas'ui
Shas'ui: Markerlight, Hard-Wired Target Lock

X8 Firewarriors, Shas'ui

X8 Firewarriors, Shas'ui

X5 Pathfinders, Devilfish
Devilfish: Disruption Pod

X5 Pathfinders, Devilfish
Devilfish: Disruption Pod

X2 Tetra's
Tetra's: Targetting Arrays

Hammerhead
Hammerhead: Railgun, Burst Cannons, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod

Hammerhead
Hammerhead: Railgun, Burst Cannons, Target Lock, Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pod

Broadside Team Leader
Drone Controller, 2 Shield Drones, Bonding Knife

Total: 1996

Woo! This army does loosely tie into my fluff with it being an evaluation assignment of my commander Kais by R'Myr, but it's mostly just made to be fun to play. With 10 static markerlights and 2 mobile ones, I think I should be able to get pretty good coverage. It'll be played hybrid style, with the suits all moving forward, working in conjunction with the Warriors mounted in the Pathfinders Fish, with close support from the hammerheads, while the broadside, pathfinders, and static firewarrior teams will be covering objectives and blowing big holes in things. The Tetra's will be close markerlight support where needed, as well as just being damn cool. I think between the commanders I can blow nice holes in MEQ\TEQ, the Railguns cover heavy vehicles, Deathrain handles light vehicles, while the applied firepower of 48 firewarriors combined with the stealth team should be able to put big big holes in whatever else remains.

Thoughts?
Locke's Record (2010):
 Shas'el'Sa'cea'Kanvah'Kais: 3-1-1
 Simulation (Vassal) Record: 31-4-9
            Tau: 21-3-6
     Necrons: 3-1-1
 Dark Eldar: 7-0-2

Offline edible

Re: Locke's 2000 point extended Cadre
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 12:21:27 AM »
Antitank seems the main issue I see, most mech tau armies need a bunch of fusions or seekers spread over their army in addition to the railheads to handle mechanised guard or ork or even SM, I would either try and max the broadside team out, or get some fusions spread around the army.

Otherwise it looks pretty solid, with good marker redundancy (even too many lights if you think thats possible.)