News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: I'm Starting Witch Hunters...Yippee?  (Read 559 times)

Offline Plato XXIV

• Fear me, for I am the Everlasting Schmo!
I'm Starting Witch Hunters...Yippee?
« on: June 7, 2005, 11:38:56 AM »
Yeah, so I am starting Witch Hunters. The Dark Eldar were too...strange for me. I know Witch Hunters are weird too, but what the heck. Right. Now to spend a fortune on metal minis...

Yeah, well, I would be a senior member too if Space Tavern posts counted, so, hah!

Offline jesus_freak

• Does anyone know where to find Caliban?
Re: I'm Starting Witch Hunters...Yippee?
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2005, 12:38:59 PM »
One question, though: What is the purpose of this post? To simply announce that you are starting WH, desiring other players to scuttle in, giving tactical/purchasing advice? Or just plain spamming?
Crimson Fists: 2-0-3
Vampire Counts: 1-2-16 (Yeah, I know. I was young, and it was my first army.)

(>'.')> Kirby offers you his protection..

..and a banana. )<('.'<)

Offline Plato XXIV

• Fear me, for I am the Everlasting Schmo!
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2005, 01:06:58 PM »
woops...sorry. i was going to ask if it would be useful to take inquisitorial storm troopers. my mom called me while i was posting so i guess i forgot to put it.

Yeah, well, I would be a senior member too if Space Tavern posts counted, so, hah!

Offline Tsumaji

• Is the red pill strawberry?
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2005, 01:14:03 PM »
useing IS depend on the type of army you play I had more of a Crazed list with arco's and things like that and used them to great affect they are cheap and can have some fair special wep choices or you could make them ranged or slap on some flamers and give them a priest and they can cc.
You give me the eyes of the oracle, and I will give you back your saviour

Offline Charlie Malleus

• If you're not a Red, you must be Blue...
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2005, 02:02:32 PM »
I'm not that much up on the Ordo Hereticus, but from perusing the Codex I'd say you probably don't really NEED ISTs, but they do have their uses.  Their minimum squad size is 5 and you are not required to take a Veteran, plus they cost 1 point less per model and can take plasma guns in addition to meltas and the suchlike.  Their hellguns are bloody awful though and the max is 10 per squad, so even at full strength their paltry numbers and somewhat measly stats are a big disadvantage if you should be daft enough to let them get assaulted.  If you're stuck for the points then you could always throw a few IST squads in, but you'd have to be pretty badly stuck.
Eiromid Aris, Tiochfaidh Ar La
LIVERPOOL F.C - EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS 2005
VIVA EL RAFALUCION!