News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rules-Proxied Ordo Xenos Inquisitor  (Read 436 times)

Offline Inquisitor Sethtus

• Look Mama! Santa's Elves!
    • The High Conclave [A Site Devoted to the Inquisition]
Rules-Proxied Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
« on: November 10, 2006, 07:36:49 PM »
So, here's the story. Ever since I got into the Inquisition, the Ordo Xenos have fascinated me. Perhaps it's because there's nowhere near as much official fluff on them as there is on the other two Ordos Majoris, which leaves overzealous fans like myself to fill in the gaps. Anyway... I've been using this squad as a rules-proxied Moderate/Radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor and retinue for some time. I just figured I'd let you all have a look-see and state your thoughts. My local GW manager loves it, but aside from him, there are few people in my area who have ever given the Ordo much thought, so I'd like some fresh eyes.

Basically, do the unit choices represent the idea of a Moderate to Radical Ordo Xenos Inquisitor? I know the modeling does (I should post pictures...) but do the choices? Game Effectiveness takes a definate backseat to fluffyness.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor Lord (Modeled off the IG Techpriest Body, with a Nemesis Force Weapon-like Weapon)
-Force Weapon, Digital Weapons & Needle Pistol (Needle Pistol modeled as an Eldar-esque weapon).
-Icon of the Just and/or Articifer Armor depending on my mood and the enemy  :D
-Most psychic powers are typically left at home, though I do take Word of the Emperor quite often, because it just fits any Inquisitor.

3 Acolytes
-2 w/ Bolter-Needlegun Combi-Weapons (Needleguns modeled like the ones from Halo, Tyranid Style. With Spikes. Bodies are cloaked Kasrkin)
-1 w/ Laspistol & CCW (Modeled as an allied Kroot - his job is just to die)

3 Warriors
-3 CC Servitors (Modeled as "Xeno-Flagellants," i.e., Orks with various mind control and artificial stimulus devices implanted into them

2 Familiars (Modeled as 1 Dissection Droid examining the brain of a Firewarrior and another sampling droid with all sorts of fun syringes and such) Their job is basically to die as well, but while looking cool.

I was toying around with a Witch Hunter Inquisitor for a time, in order to access those spiffy anti-psyker powers for use against Eldar and Synapse, but with no needle weapons, it just didn't seem adequate.
Imperial Guard 34 Wins, 22 Losses, 6 Draws
The Inquistion 32 Wins, 4 Losses
Knights of Terra 12 Wins, 2 Losses

By the Authority vested in me by the Immortal Emperor of Mankind, I hereby declare thee Hereticus Tratorious Diablos, and for your crimes against his Immortal Imperium sentence you to death. May The Emperor have mercy upon your soul.

Offline Grand Master Rex Nihilo

• Victory is one part planning and nine parts Faith
Re: Rules-Proxied Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »
Definately would like to see some pics!!!

Hopefully, the new Codex will include ALL of the Ordos in an Inquisition Codex and if this is the case I hope the Inquisitors have more flexability to take what they like and not be restricted as to whether they are WH, DH, AH Inquisitors.

I like the 'Idea' of 'Word of the Emperor' too very much and agree with you that it fits the role of an Inquisitor. Alas, it is fairly lame.

To use the needle weapons on the Big Nasties you'll have to get close so will they get a ride? Maybe an converted Arbites-like Rhino I forget the name. I guess the Kroot dies first and the familiars are next to die in CC?

Rob

7000 points of Grey Knights
6000 points of Fire Drakes Space Marines

Offline Inquisitor Sethtus

• Look Mama! Santa's Elves!
    • The High Conclave [A Site Devoted to the Inquisition]
Re: Rules-Proxied Ordo Xenos Inquisitor
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 11:28:55 PM »
Hopefully, the new Codex will include ALL of the Ordos in an Inquisition Codex and if this is the case I hope the Inquisitors have more flexability to take what they like and not be restricted as to whether they are WH, DH, AH Inquisitors.

Agreed. I think this is every Inquisitor's pie-in-the-sky scenario. It would make life so much better for everyone.

Typically they get a Chimera or a Rhino, depending on which army they're included in (Marines or Guard, whichever helps them hide the best), but on terrain-heavy boards, they slog it out. I hate to keep them cooped up in a transport anyway...
Imperial Guard 34 Wins, 22 Losses, 6 Draws
The Inquistion 32 Wins, 4 Losses
Knights of Terra 12 Wins, 2 Losses

By the Authority vested in me by the Immortal Emperor of Mankind, I hereby declare thee Hereticus Tratorious Diablos, and for your crimes against his Immortal Imperium sentence you to death. May The Emperor have mercy upon your soul.