News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Word on Orlando Gamers  (Read 765 times)

Offline thehod

• Titans rule the Earth Now
A Word on Orlando Gamers
« on: July 23, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »
Recently there has been some bad Rep from Orlando gamers as how we are sore losers or how we max out your scores and then go behind your back and tell the judges off on how your dice was loaded. This was all done and said by a particular gaming group that is in no way representative of all of Orlando. I would like to say come play in orlando and see for yourself and if you dont like it, atleast you can have fun in disney.

The Group that has recently posted all come from Sci-Fi city and they have their own thing going for them and they tend to be very competitive and their tables tend to be sparse of terrain.

But if you want a gaming experience and good tables both Collesium of Comics and Rhubarb games do have those and there is a core of good gamers that goto these two stores and like I said before the terrain isnt desolate and the staff is knowledgable in 40k among many other games as well.

http://rhubarbgames.com/

http://www.coliseumofcomics.com/

Tournaments are usually for both once a month and for Rhubarb games it alternates between fantasy and 40k.
This is no way a promotion of stores I am just giving you a choice in where you wish to play for 40K if you want to in Orlando.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 04:02:36 PM by thehod »
A Space Marine walks into the Apothecarium with a Nurgling on his head.
"By the Emperor" the apothicary cries "how on terra did that get there?"
Then the Nurgling says "well it started out as a wart on my butt and it grew..."

Mech Assault Genesis

Offline Bannedface666

• BANNED - Spammer: Forum Blathermouth | Archite
  • Artist for hire... Mostly banned :)
    • cubiclebattles
Re: A Word on Orlando Gamers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »
I was at The Necronomican a few weeks back, and I must say that living in Melbourne, and new to the area, I am trying to find out new places to play.

Thank you very much for the info!!

(and yes, I felt a kind of buddy buddy from certain groups during the tourney with the judges...)

Offline Joker2and53

• buried in a library...
Re: A Word on Orlando Gamers
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 04:20:20 PM »
I am moving to winter park soon, 11 days actually, to pursue a law degree.  This will be very helpful to my gaming needs.  Thank you
I heart Bad Religion

Worst model ever = Dordin from Gaunt's Ghosts.  Whatever GW employee(s) gave the go ahead for Dordin to carry a las pistol, in his right hand no less, must be fired immidiately