News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dread's Anything and everything  (Read 56464 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Dread's Corsair army
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »
That's why God invented pinning, Dread. I kind of liked the old Jetbikes. There's a reason that they were the last to receive a revamp.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
Nice job, I was thinking of doing the same conversion, but i wused out.

I suspect GW just had a mass stock pile of the old bikes and Spear upgrades, maybe once they clear them out we'll see a new kit lol.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2017, 09:10:20 PM »
Yup SD, that's why I have a hole in my left thumb now, haha. Still doesn't wanna dry.

I agree Mag. I'm getting old now and waiting has gotten harder. But now that base size don't matter, maybe I should just put them back together. I do like the leaned forward pose on mine better then the old laid back look.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2017, 10:50:43 PM »
The new Jetbikes are Katana's and the old ones are Harleys. One built for speed, the other for long-distance comfort... Bwahaha!! 

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #184 on: October 30, 2017, 07:24:36 AM »
Looking awesome man. Shining Spears are sooo good, and they've only gotten better with the codex. Quicken + Shining Spears = First Turn Charges (even crazier with Saim-Hann) I've got 8 more Russian sculpted Shining Spear pilots, just waiting for Jetbikes. This has given me the itch! Can't wait to see how you paint them bro. Keep it up!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #185 on: November 4, 2017, 06:39:21 AM »
Great job Dread!
A friend of mine has also just done the same with a shining spear upgrade pack and the new bikes!
I am waiting to see his in person before I do anything but I do have two metal upgrade packs sat in my bits box that may get a bit of use soon if they turn out well......
Can't wait to see those guys finished!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #186 on: November 5, 2017, 03:27:25 AM »
It's pretty funny but the fix was to buy some cheap no name super glue. It worked way better than the expensive stuff I have. Anyhow my first 4 are built.
http://flic.kr/p/21aWGtF
https://flic.kr/p/2189qq3
« Last Edit: November 5, 2017, 03:28:35 AM by Dread »
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #187 on: November 5, 2017, 03:44:44 AM »
Niiiiice Dread!
Your painting style will look Micky Mouse on these. Have never really liked the Exarch with those big-honk'n antlers on his helmet. About as streamlined as my left nostril, but that's my gripe and nothing to do with your great work. Thanks for sharing, mate... Pointy ears forever!! 

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #188 on: November 5, 2017, 05:53:35 AM »
Niiice. Shining Spears are SO good this edition. I've got 7 Russian Spear pilot sculpts just waiting for jetbikes. If I wasn't so poor I'd run out and buy them right now! Arghh you are killing me! Anyway great stuff Dread keep cant wait to see them painted!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #189 on: November 9, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »
Yeah these are awesome ;) nice work Dread!
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #190 on: December 4, 2017, 10:14:42 PM »
https://flic.kr/p/228G5Jh

So I finally broke out the paints. Feels good. Decided on a new color scheme for my Banshees. I have a bunch out in the soup stripping the paint. I know it's not the most original scheme but it goes good with the dice I bought today.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #191 on: December 4, 2017, 10:16:24 PM »
Great job, digging the way the hair came out :)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #192 on: December 4, 2017, 10:23:36 PM »
Oh, my!
Really like what you're doing there, mate. The hair looks great, but the little power sheen in the middle of the staff is Micky Mouse. Was never a big fan of that era of aspects, (especially the Scorpions. Buck toothed looking, blessed, things).

However, you've actually made them look good. Well done, mate. Good to see you on the blog again... Pointy ears forever!! 

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #193 on: December 5, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »
http://flic.kr/p/216hPUL

The old scheme is on the right. 20 some odd years old, the scheme not the model. It was definitely time for a change I think.

Way back in 2nd ed, my army consisted of mostly banshees and reapers. I'm moving to make a list using a similar build now for posterity sake. My first Gen banshees will keep the original paint scheme but my 2nd and 3rd Gen will have the new.

Now just have to start playing again. The new shop is doing well now so now time to get life back.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2017, 12:19:21 AM by Dread »

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #194 on: December 5, 2017, 01:18:41 AM »
Congrats, Dread!
Always glad to hear of a businessman doing well. Those particular models came out in third ed. We can tell the designers have just come from working on the Dark Eldar. This was the first appearance for the DE and the Banshees were the next in line, and I think it shows in their form.

I like the left breastplate being metal. Can't remember if they were designed that way or this is your creation. Looking great, mate... Be well!     

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #195 on: December 5, 2017, 06:02:27 AM »
Ooh yeah that Banshee is mint! No word of a lie, that is the first mini I've seen that has made me even slightly reconsider changing up my generally muted painting style for a more colourful one. The bright bone colour, fiery orange hair and offset steely plating is a hell of a colour scheme :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #196 on: December 5, 2017, 07:23:29 AM »
Damn Dread, that Exarch looks freaking boss! You absolutely crushed the shading and highlighting on that bone... and the hair and gems look so striking and vibrant. Just fantastic paint job on a classic mini. Awesome stuff bud, can't wait to see the rest of the girls come along. Keep rolling!

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #197 on: December 5, 2017, 08:37:46 AM »
Hi Dread! Great Shining Spear conversion, very natural-looking. Can't wait to see them painted ;)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #198 on: January 28, 2018, 07:22:03 AM »
Hey Dread, sorry I didn't post earlier...I totally missed all of the new photos that you'd posted!

That Banshee Exarch is brilliant. I like it a lot more than the old colour scheme. Your execution of the scheme is totally on point as well. The shading of the bone plates is amazing and I simply love the counterpoint of the cold blade.

Keep rocking it man...also, I'm really pleased to hear that the business is taking off. Great stuff!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2018, 01:15:29 AM »
https://flic.kr/p/JZC7sD

So here is my latest, nothing special really. The guys at the store really want me to play BB so here are my Rat Finkz! Wish me luck, I've never played before so this coming Monday will be my first.