News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Dread's Anything and everything  (Read 56462 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Dread's Anything and everything
« on: December 20, 2015, 01:45:37 PM »
Well it now begins. Thanks to Cavalier inspiring me, I shall commence work on my own army. I'll start with my blasts from the past. I've had them a long time and get to utilize them along with my firestorm conversion. I will pics as I come up with them. Now I need to come up with a cool name for them.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:40:12 PM by Dread »
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Dread's Corsair army
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 04:05:28 PM »
And it begins with a freaking bang! Damn man you're all geared up for Corsair action. I'm super jealous of your vehicle collection... Are you gonna rock these colors you've got here or do something different? I know you were toying with new paint schemes awhile back. Either way its gonna rock. Can't wait to see where this goes!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »
Thanks bud. I've already got so much done with that scheme so if it ain't broke, ya know.

Forgot this lil puppy earlier.

"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 05:30:22 PM »
I love the scheme Dread.  It's very alien and exotic.  Perfect for the eldar!  :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 06:41:38 AM »
Right on man. I think it works very well. Its very wild and vibrant perfect for Corsairs. I'll never forget the first time I saw that scheme on an Eldar Vyper in the White Dwarf where Sisters debuted (and my old store owner won 2 Golden Demons!) I've loved it ever since. Right on!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »
Thanks as always guys. This is the scheme I've been using since 2nd edition. The idea was the cooling of lava from white hot to red cooling down. The crack effect is bigger on the white to show slower cooling down and smaller at the back for more.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 06:59:07 AM »
I've always liked that red to yellow part of your colour scheme.  It's somewhat reminiscent of that GW's painters used for the original Fire Dragon Exarch in the old Alaitoc studio army.  I like a bit of nostalgia now and again :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:40 AM »
Thanks. Hopefully I will get to some more over the holiday. I started my prince. He is the custom model I made for Baron Sathonyx and will count as jet pack. Also loving this scheme on a DE and have some reavers bike set up to put dark lance on then they will get the treatment. Until the Merry Christmas!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 01:16:24 AM »
Got a lot going on. Wanted to show my work area.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »
That does look very cluttered, but in a very good way.  The Nightspinner is the stand out for me.  The colour of the monofilament weaponry contrasts very well with your colour scheme.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 11:54:20 AM »
Looking very nice Dread. The bikes are looking killer and it looks like your army is very quickly taking shape! Any idea on how you are going to kit-out your bikes? I've got a couple of lists in the works... nothing special on mine yet but I'm very interested in mounting a bright lance or two on them. Any thoughts on the various options?

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 09:31:40 PM »
Thanks Irisado, I still have work to do on it but I've always liked that blue.

Cavalier I'm gonna make 4 reavers bikes with dark lances, bits left over from my razorwing to void raven kit bash. Glued one last night to see how it looks and really like it. The ones I've started are Las and shur cannon.i got 3 for Christmas that in gonna mix reavers parts with to mix it up. Maybe some splinter cannons, I think that's an option.

I will update soon, until then, have a great time.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 09:34:21 PM »
Your army will look awesome on a fully painted gaming table.  :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »

Now see Cav, all that time I was going nuts for a paint scheme on my DE, I should have just used my Elder scheme. I would of had so much painted now.

Some other beginnings...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 06:52:54 AM »
Looking very good Dread. The metallics on the jetbike are pretty crazy! I hear ya on unifying the look of your DE with your Eldar. I'm really reaping the benefits now as I can run my kitbashed Wyches and counts-as Harlies as Malevolents or Voidstorm squads.

Two questions: Are you adding Crimson Death to your force? If so you cheesy.... just kidding I'm going to add it to mine as well! Also what are the falcon hulls for? More Nightspinners?

Your making great progress Dread and doing it in style. Keep it up my man I can't wait to see this army hit the table!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 12:47:38 PM »
Thanks. They are fire prisms. The metallic is going away to sport the scheme. Its just crazy doing that to the DE but it works so perfect.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 05:03:17 PM »

So today got guardians and storm upgrade. I've had the wyches for awhile. Now with these and my bits box, I should be able to do some cool kit bashing. Pics soon

Digging through boxes today and found these. Built them years ago.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:50:12 PM by Dread »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 07:53:11 AM »
Hell yeah! Perfect pick-up Dread. Those Dark Eldar warrior and Wych kits go a LONG way. Hold on to every little bit because you never know when you'll need them. I seriously love the Wych kit, those running legs can make any model go from static to dynamic. Whats the first unit you're gonna make? Voidstorm, Malevolents?

Love the old school stormies. I buy up those Eldar powerfists whenever I can on ebay they are seriously my favorite eldar bit of all time. Anytime I get the chance to incorporate one (as Agonizers or Scorpions claw) its a special day for my army. Heheheh I love this stuff... anyway Dread looking great my man can't wait to see what unit you are gonna make!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
And so, been working on other things, and thought I would post some pics as per Cavs rrequest. Also Cav, I found lots more elder flame and meltas and power fists in my bits so you will be seeing lots of those soon with kit bashed wyches, guardians and converted hellions used as corsair jetpack troops. For now my Imperial Knights with skitarii allies.

I wanted to be able to change weapons out so came up with a way to interlock without magnets. I cut out tabs on shoulder joint and weapon and press and turn viola.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:48:57 PM by Dread »

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 05:31:31 PM »
Awesome AdMech army Dread!  :)