News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Blood Angels Fun/Competitive list  (Read 1016 times)

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
Blood Angels Fun/Competitive list
« on: July 21, 2011, 07:09:11 AM »
HQ
225-Dante (Death Company 1)
220-Astorath (Death Company 2)

Elite
150-2x Sanguinary Priest in Power Armour (1 in each Death Company squad)
2x Jump packs

Troops
820- 9x Death Company- Jump packs     (Deep striking)
        8x PF/PW     
        1x PF/Hand Flamer
Lemartes

745- 10x Death Company- Jump packs     (Deep striking)
        9x PF/PW     
        1x PF/Hand Flamer

170-Death Company Dread
Blood Talons
Drop Pod- Locator Beacon

170-Death Company Dread
Blood Talons
Drop Pod- Locator Beacon

Total:2500

Basically, the plan goes like this: I have my drop pod deploy at the 15" mark from the enemy squads.(give room for mistakes in estimations....so probably about 18") Then, the Dread deploys behind the drop pod, away from LOS to the hardest hitting shooting unit. Wait for turn 2.....Both Death Company squads have easier time getting in due to the DOA rule.....so one will definitely come in, possibly the second as well....if Dante's comes in, he will DS into a place where he and his squad can run into cover, next turn, eating through everything they come up against...and so on. Turn three, the second squad will definitely be in, and possibly the second Dread, who will deploy about 6" to the back of the first squad that came in...waiting for his turn...

This list is made as a fun list....but I can see it possibly being competitive as well. I usually play Orks, but my friend at my LGS said if I wanted, I could use his BA for a game sometime....so I will have to try it....

Thoughts on the general tactic? If you have criticism based on the tactic that's fine, and slight modifications are OK...but please do not propose I restructure this list, since it is for fun, not tournament play..... necessarily....
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Blood Angels Fun/Competitive list
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:14:09 AM »
I see the idea is a DOA deathcompany list and wont suggest going away from that, just a few things to make it more competetive.

Firstly Dante is an aweful lot of points and doesn't fit with the death company theme, his accurate DS ability is good but a much better option (and a big points saver) would be to take Lemartes instead.
Lemartes makes the squad much more killy on the charge and once he's taken a wound is probably more dangerous than dante, plus he can't be singled out in combat.

The Sanguinary priests aren't needed in death company squads as they already have feel no pain and furious charge. The only people they are effecting is astorath, dante and themselves. This is alot of points to do very little so dropping these would be a good idea.

On to the death company squads. Firstly I think they are a bit to big, I like 7-8 members plus a character, on the charge this is enough to take out more or less anything. Each squad needs a single powerfist to deal with dreads and maybe 2-3 power weapons depending on preference. Taking power wepons on all members is just overkill, you need some bare bones dudes who can be removed as the first casualties. Death company are so good in combat that they don't need that many power weapons.

The hand flamers are not good here, they are an anti-horde weapon and death company eat hordes for breakfast, plus if you manage to kill a few models with your shooting they can remove the models closest to your squad and prevent you from assaulting due to being out of range.
A better choice would be melta pistols, your main weakness is going to be against vehicles and these give you a good chance of popping them and if they are a transport you can then assault the contents.

The dreads are great :D

Dropping priests, power weapons and swapping dante for lemartes should give you alot of extra points to play with, here's what I suggest. (don't have my book with me so you might not be able to get all of this ;))

If you've dropped a guy or two from each DC squad then you should be able to get a third small squad to give you a bit more flexability, only a fist would be needed on these.

The other points should allow you to invest in an additional dread in a pod giving you an odd number meaning you can get two of them down frst turn. I'd recommend all dreads get magna-grapples as you are still woefully short on anti-tank weapons and this would allow you to fire a melta and a grapple from each dread when they arrive and hopefully take out some vehicles so they can't run away from your DC.

Obviously you maynot have the models for these changes but I think the list would be alot more fun and competative to play whilst still being true to the origional premise.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:17:09 AM by WisdomLS »

Offline The Master of Eternity

• Those that do not fight, die.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
I've been thinking over this alot for my Deathcompany list. Storm Ravens. Targets yes but they are on the board and can deliver your DC in range of the enemy by turn one.

I would try this: Get rid of a DC Dread Droppod and half of a squads PW/PF and their jumpacks. Stick the DC and a dread in your Stormraven. Scout move, even if it gets shot down your killyest units are in range of killing. Plus you now will have both dreads on the table turn one. Shoot the Storm Raven or the DC Dread and its locator beacon droppod thats by all the crunchy units? Hmmmm
You are not free, those whose liberty is won by the rigor of other men. You are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, taking but offering nothing in return. You have freedom, but have done nothing to earn it. You will stand alone, and pay in blood. Know this and remember: my power knows no bounds save for that which is given to me through His mightiness the Omnissiah and most Holy Emperor of Mankind. ~ Forge Master Mordikai before the fall of Agridora

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »
HQ
275-The Sanguinor, Exemplar of the host (Death Company 1)

Elite-
85-Sanguinary Priest in terminator Armour

415-Terminator Assault Squad       (Deep striking)
      -7x LC (1 is sergeant)
      -3x TH/SS

Troops
515- 9x Death Company- Jump packs     (Deep striking)
        4x PF/PW (both for versatility)
        4x Vanilla
        1x PF     
        Lemartes

425- 10x Death Company     (Stormraven)
        5x PF/PW (both for versatility)
        4x Vanilla     
        1x PF

125-Death Company Dread (Stormraven)
Blood Talons

170-Death Company Dread
Blood Talons
Drop Pod- Locator Beacon

Heavy Support
270-Stormraven (added)
       -Hurricane Bolters
       -Typhoon Missile Launcher
       -Locator Beacon

Basically, the new plan goes like this: I have my drop pod deploy at the 10" mark from the enemy squads, on the right/left side.(give room for mistakes in estimations....so probably about 8-12") Then, the Dread deploys behind the drop pod, away from LOS to the hardest hitting shooting unit. The Stormraven, who scouts to the 12" line, if still alive, will move up, and deploy the DC + Dread on the opposite side from the Drop Pod, who will then commence to killing. Turn 2: Deep Striking Death company deploy next to drop pod, on the side opposite of the enemy. At that time, their dread will assault the enemy, as the other DC squad + Dread tears through the other flank. Turn 3: Termi's come in (hopefully), and await their turn as everything moves in for the kill. The Termi's will come in on the side most needed, and on Turn 4, that's game, if everything goes as planned ;)

Edited
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:54:55 AM by the_humble_terminator »
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 11:01:54 PM »
I've been thinking over this alot for my Deathcompany list. Storm Ravens. Targets yes but they are on the board and can deliver your DC in range of the enemy by turn one.

I would try this: Get rid of a DC Dread Droppod and half of a squads PW/PF and their jumpacks. Stick the DC and a dread in your Stormraven. Scout move, even if it gets shot down your killyest units are in range of killing. Plus you now will have both dreads on the table turn one. Shoot the Storm Raven or the DC Dread and its locator beacon droppod thats by all the crunchy units? Hmmmm

FYI - Stormravens are NOT Valkries. No scout.

HQ
250-Mephiston (Death Company 2)
Mephiston is not an IC and can not be attached to a squad. Just take a regular Libby if you are looking for the hood. Otherwise, drop Meph to save points.

Elite-
80-Sanguinary Priest in power armour
    -PW/Infernus Pistol

415-Terminator Assault Squad
      -7x LC (1 is sergeant)
      -3x TH/SS
No transport? Deeps striking or slogging it is rough since you sit around for 1+ turn taking it in the face.

Troops
530- 9x Death Company- Jump packs     (Deep striking)
        4x PF/PW
        4x Vanilla
        1x PF/ Infernus Pistol     
        Lemartes
I'm confused by the PF/PW portion...Are you saying 4 of them have Fists AND PWs or just PWs? Please make this more clear and just put one abbreviation...Assu ming it's 4x PWs you could probably drop 1-2 and take infernus pistols instead. With 10 models you only need the one fist, Lemartes' PW attacks, and 1-2 more.

440- 10x Death Company     (Stormraven)
        5x PF/PW
        4x Vanilla     
        1x PF/Infernus Pistol
A few less PWs would be fine as stated above.

125-Death Company Dread (Stormraven)
Blood Talons

170-Death Company Dread
Blood Talons
Drop Pod- Locator Beacon

Heavy Support
270-Stormraven (added)
       -Hurricane Bolters
       -Typhoon Missile Launcher
       -Locator Beacon
Too many upgrades in my experience for something that tends to die/stun/shake a lot. I prefer multi-melta+las or multi-melta+assault cannon. I tend to tank hunt like mad with it if it happens to survive a few rounds. Most of the time I am shaken and can only fire one weapon anyway. Drop the sponsons and typhoon and just take free swaps. I suggest extra armor to keep it moving.

Basically, the new plan goes like this: I have my drop pod deploy at the 10" mark from the enemy squads, on the right/left side.(give room for mistakes in estimations....so probably about 8-12") Then, the Dread deploys behind the drop pod, away from LOS to the hardest hitting shooting unit. The Stormraven, who scouts to the 12" line, if still alive, will move up, and deploy the DC + Dread on the opposite side from the Drop Pod, who will then commence to killing. Turn 2: Deep Striking Death company deploy next to drop pod, on the side opposite of the enemy. At that time, their dread will assault the enemy, as the other DC squad + Dread tears through the other flank. Turn 3: Termi's come in (hopefully), and await their turn as everything moves in for the kill. The Termi's will come in on the side most needed, and on Turn 4, that's game, if everything goes as planned ;)