News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Last Jedi  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
The Last Jedi
« on: April 14, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »
I'm just going to leave this here...
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Teaser - YouTube
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: The Last Jedi
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 01:49:24 PM »
I wonder if this one will break the 1 billion $ mark, that Force Awakens almost did.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 03:33:20 PM »
I have a feeling they will be hard pressed to make that break, and I don't think they will exceed TFA.  A lot of people were disappointed with TFA (no idea why), so they may not be as apt to jump at Ep.8.  However, I do think they will be able to crack that number with Ep.9 as people will be eager to see the end of the trilogy.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 03:44:14 PM »
I really enjoyed that trailer.  There looks to be plenty to look forward to there, not least the role reversal of Luke Skywalker being the master Jedi relative to the original trilogy.  The combat scenes look fantastic too.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 05:40:29 PM »
The part of the trailer that has me really excited is the last line by look:  "It's time for the Jedi... to end"

I think so much can be said about so few words.  Taking the trailer as a whole, where I think they are going on that line is that Luke is abandoning the teachings of the Jedi Order because he has realized they have failed the galaxy on numerous occasions.  Afterall, it was the rigidity of the Jedi Order that lead to Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and the rise of the Empire.

If you listen closely to the whispered words, right before Rey says "the balance," you can hear a voice whisper "the Bendu."  If you haven't been watching Rebels, first off... what's wrong with you?  Second, the Bendu is a being that is encountered by Kanaan and is pretty much the personification of the balance between the light and dark.

So if Luke is abandoning the teachings of the Jedi Order that was prominent during the Old Republic, and has gone back to the original teachings of the Jedi before the break down to light and dark Force users, I think we may get a look at Luke as training to use both sides of the Force, and teaching of the balance between them.

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 09:31:08 PM »
A lot of people were disappointed with TFA (no idea why), so they may not be as apt to jump at Ep.8. 

I enjoyed Ep 7, but it's not an especially great movie (as far as the rankings of the movies go, I put it somewhere on the level of Return of the Jedi, perhaps slightly worse--so fourth place). Like most JJ Abrams stuff, it makes very little sense when thought about for more than ten minutes. Love the characters, though, and excited to see what a better director can do with them.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 06:15:16 AM »
I avoid trailers like a plague. Movies are sooo much better if you don't know what to expect. Just finished Rogue One last night. WOW!
I truly think trailers , interviews and the marketing spoil movies nowadays.

When I was younger, I was at sea for five months. When I got home, I didn't know a thing about the movies that were out at the time. Didn't know if they were action, horror ect. Didn't know who was in them. They weren't the best movies, but I have never enjoyed any film as much as these.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
I like the look of that trailer. It looks somewhat darker than TFA, which can only be a good thing imo. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed TFA, but for some shonky dialogue (mainly between Finn and Rey), but I will always see Empire as being the highest of high points for the series...and that thing was dark as beslubber.

I think that this series is being set up as a direct mirror of the original series, which I don't mind at all...

...as long as we don't get any Ewoks...

...but I wouldn't mind a random Yub Yub song.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 10:02:19 AM »
Looshkin: Yub yub, doodle doodle, yub yub!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 10:58:19 AM »
I like the look of that trailer. It looks somewhat darker than TFA, which can only be a good thing imo. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed TFA, but for some shonky dialogue (mainly between Finn and Rey), but I will always see Empire as being the highest of high points for the series...and that thing was dark as beslubber.

I think that this series is being set up as a direct mirror of the original series, which I don't mind at all...

...as long as we don't get any Ewoks...

...but I wouldn't mind a random Yub Yub song.

Well, it presumably IS the Empire of this new trilogy.

Looks fun, I'll certainly go watch it.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 07:16:19 PM »
Looks fun, I'll certainly go watch it.
... a few times.
I knew I had fans!!!