News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: maybe startin orks  (Read 1309 times)

Offline attila the hun

• i have nothing better to do then spy on ppl. . . .
maybe startin orks
« on: November 11, 2002, 05:54:39 PM »
shoota boys or slugga boys?which is better?

also im just gonna start orks so i would like to ask what your army lists are like and what your tactics are (if  u have any) i know this might seem boring or you may not be interested, but it would get the orks forum moving  :) also post your fav. unit and why if u please?

also, i need a bit more convincing as to why i should play orks? could someone give me some reasons?

thanx a ton

hope to be WAAAAGghHHHH ing soon
quickly!Shoot down the grav-tank....nevermind...

Offline attila the hun

Re:maybe startin orks
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2002, 06:20:00 PM »
is somebody gonna help me?  ork man in need here

Offline AceV53

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2002, 09:20:00 PM »
Shootas or Sluggas? Depends on who you are fighting, but I almost always go Slugga Boyz. 9 out of 10 times I use Slugga Boyz just because they are just awesome in close combat.
The main reason I went Orks was because everyone played some chapter of Marines and it was driving me nuts. I wanted a unique army that had such large options for conversions and painting. Another reason I went Orks was just because they are plain fun to play with. I didn't want a serious army, I just wanted to play the game and laugh at myself getting killed!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2002, 09:20:46 PM »
First off. Slugga boys are better than Shootaboys and the only reason to get shootaboys is if you're going to go shooty which you only will if you have a Nob with a bosspole so that other squads can mob up with it when you need to "go fer 'unuver go".

And the reason for Orks is simple. Conversions!!!
Tacticly Orks are only 1 step higher on the tactical ladder than "Charge!" but they are THE most conversion friendly army in the game in the terms of gear&gadgets.
While chaos can get overtly serious and grim ork conversions can be anything from creating grim bloodthirsting monsters to wacky dudes with the movie "Grease" or "American Ninja 3" as the overall theme for the army.

In my mind Bloodaxes&Evil sunz are the most fun simply because they motivate you to do the craziest conversions.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Delmazar

• So may I be the weapon of my clan...
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2002, 10:55:07 PM »
Hi Bulgrim! Welcome to the board!

I chose to play orks as a second army because my first army is biel-tan eldar! My orks are the exact contrast from my eldar. I wanted to play something totaly different. My eldar are serious, shooty and outnumbered! My orks are funny, close combat oriented and there is so much of them!  ;D
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2002, 11:00:42 PM »
I would suggest reading every little bit about the different clans, and pick one you like. If you like several parts from the clans go freebooter.

Nazgrim 'The Scythe' Ard Gor is part of the Bad Moon Clan and so my army is shooty with all the choppy parts have xtra wargear; Ard Boyz, Burna Boyz, Dreads, Mega Ar. HQ. etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2002, 07:40:22 AM by The Scythe of Sematii »

Offline Delmazar

• So may I be the weapon of my clan...
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2002, 11:20:56 PM »
Ah!  I forgot!  :) They are dumb!  ;D It's not really a bad point... it's a lot why I chose them! There is always a way your orks will do something they should have not done. By the way, you should have some sense of humor to play orks!
Delmazar
[Knowledge is a weapon... My mind is growing... So may I be the weapon of my clan...]

Offline attila the hun

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2002, 05:11:10 PM »
orks do seem fun, i like them to for conversions, i wanna convert  land raider to a battlewagon :o be fun me thinks...also the fact that i play necrons is gettig boring, all i do is shoot shoot shoot, make we'll be back rolls and then shoot more :P no fun or much skill involved. wheras orks seem insanly fun!

Offline Lord_Dante

• add me to msn, asmodai_@hotmail.com
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2002, 08:30:53 AM »
well i play speed freeks. (da speediest freekiest of all the orks) and i actually do quite well in games. my win percentage would be around 80 percent. maybe its just luck i guess. anyway, here is a 1500 point list, feel free to copy it if you like

WARBOSS            
-mega armour
-cybork body
-kustom shoota:more dakka and shootier
-power klaw
-big horns/iron gob
NOBZ BODYGUARD
-5 with power klaw/shoota skorcha
-mega armour
-cybork body
trukk
-turbo boosta
-red paint job

TRUKK BOYZ
9 boyz with slugga/choppa
nob
-power klaw, shoota/skorcha
-mega armour
-cybork body
trukk
-red paint job
-turbo boosta

TRUKK BOYZ
nob
-mega armour
-cybork body
trukk
-red paint job
-turbo boosta

TRUKK BOYZ
nob
-mega armour
-cybork body
trukk
-red paint job
-turbo boosta

STORMBOYZ
7 with slugga/choppa
nob slugga uge choppa

TANKBUSTAS
6 with slugga/ccw 3x rokkit launcha, frag and tank bombs
nob
slugga uge choppa
trukk
red paint job, turbo booster

TRUKK BOYZ
10 boyz with slugga/choppa
trukk
-red paint job
-turbo boosta

total            1500
you will all suffer pain at the hands of the scars of the reaper, successor chapter of the white scars

Offline attila the hun

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2002, 10:12:58 AM »
sounds like a good list  but i think i wanna use more of a march up army, i know it will probably get shot up but thats why i'll use kroot as sheilds  :D and aslo, i wanna use dreads, basically i know slightly what i want in my army,
 i wanna have:
 obviously an hq, but all in mega armour,in a battlewagon, along with like 15 ard boys in there too, also i wanna have one dread, a looted basilisk, maybe killa kans and  like 40 slugga boys just marchin it up, well not 40 cuz some would be tankbustas and maybe another aquad in a trukk