News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: seeding swarms!  (Read 1090 times)

Offline attila the hun

• i have nothing better to do then spy on ppl. . . .
seeding swarms!
« on: November 29, 2002, 04:12:10 PM »
i have the new chapter approved and MAN, seeding swarms are sooo cool, a whole nid army that can deepstrike,models that can KEEP on coming back via deepstrike! :owhoa......now i dont play nids but i have a friend who does, and have u guys noticed how genestealers never seem to get into close combat, or when they do your squad is a third of the size? well, thats what happens to my friends nids, well, with he seeding swarm rules, you can have them deepstrike, and if they all die, they can deepstrike again...an again....and again...and again...etc etc etc...deadly, im just wonderin what you guys think of the new army list variant?
quickly!Shoot down the grav-tank....nevermind...

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
Re:seeding swarms!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 05:16:15 PM »
I dont know the rules for the seeding swarm but i dont think you would keep getting the units again and again and again and again and again and again and again. And if they do get to keep coming back there must be a down side to it.

Offline attila the hun

• i have nothing better to do then spy on ppl. . . .
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 07:39:27 PM »
yea, well, the only downside i can think of is that they then take up a heavys choice if u want em to keep coming back, and it IS by deepstrike
quickly!Shoot down the grav-tank....nevermind...

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2002, 09:11:56 PM »
Would you have to wait 2 turns then deepstrike. They get killed. Wait 2 turns then deepstrike again? It probably says in the rules so dont tell me otherwise GW will get mad or something. :P

Offline joj

• darkness shall prevail
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 08:20:53 AM »
no they come back after the turn they are wiped out!!

and you can also make them frenzied wich gives the unit a bonus on certain parts of its statline making the genestealers really nasty !!!!!! the down side is that they occupy fast attack choice and that they risk a wound every turn.

edited by jwu
« Last Edit: December 1, 2002, 06:04:53 AM by Archon Astaroth »
Cruelty, death and missery are my name.