News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Seeding swarm list  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Devourer of worlds

• You mess with the best you die like the rest!
Seeding swarm list
« on: November 20, 2002, 12:35:02 PM »
Hi I am breaking with my usual nid tacktics and am going to try a seeding swarm, so what do you think of this list:

1 Tyrant (2 talons, warp blast, full stat up-grades, implant atacks, flesh hooks)
3 Tyrant gard (acompanying tyrant)
3 Warriors (claws, talons, hooks, extended carapace, -1bs, leaping)
3 Warriors (as above)
24 Scythgaunts (1 node, 3 claws)
24 Scythgaunts (as above)
24 Scythgaunts (as above)
30 Scythgaunts (1 node, 3 claws, without number)
1 Fex (2 talons)
1 fex (2 talons)
                             Total 1502
So what do you think, my idea of tacktics is drop all the gaunts and warriors on one flank of the enemy along with the warriors, and then drop the monsters on the other this should stop the enemy runing round my flanks and forcing me to split my forces.
If terror is you'r dominion, then you need fear notheing.

Offline Hivemind

Re:Seeding swarm list
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 12:22:08 AM »
Not a bad list, though you may want to think about investing in a squad of genestealers with ferocity.  The ability to deepstrike into assault will really help, since not only will the genestealers beat whatever they wind up assaulting, but they also have the chance of blocking LOS to your other deepstriking units.

Otherwise the only thing that I would be concerned about is that you only have one creature that could stop a tank at range, your tyrant.  Protected by 3 guard he will last for a little while, but you may want to invest the points for wings so he has some maneuverability for that 18" high power Warp Blast.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 10:32:40 AM »
I agry with what you said about the genstealers, but they are so expencive, I just cant fit them in. I dont agry that I will need wings, because I will be deep striking into range, and thats only got warp blast because it can be use full, but the main objective is to have the gard take the hits for a turn while the tyrant gets into combat, then the nex time I meet that vehicle it will be in combat.

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2002, 06:40:41 PM »
The guard NEED to be dropped. You say that genestealers are to expensive, but the guard are just as much with less power. Guard are worth it in normal nid armies because your tyrant will be doing a lot of marching. Also I suggest dropping a carnifex and getting more without number, as it will break or make games. One last thing on ferocious stealers, they are tank bustas! drop the ordnance blast on a land raider and whatch it flip!

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 08:31:13 PM »
YOu need genestealers. I would get rid of the gaurd and get rid of one of the carnifexs too, I think a tyrant and a fex is enough. then if you ;add genestealers its even easier to bust up tanks.

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2002, 10:49:15 AM »
I realy dont think droping all the gard is a good idea,because I will be droping into rapidfire range for plasma guns, getting in range for meltas, and all the heavy fire power in the opponants armey. However if I droped 1 fex and 1 gard I could get some......

1 Tyrant
2 Tyrant gard
3 Warriors
3 Warriors
24 Scythgaunts
24 Scythgaunts
24 Scythgaunts
30 Scythgaunts
10 Genstealers (furious)
1 Fex
               Total 1501
All the creaturs have the same equipment as befor.

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 07:51:39 PM »
your frusterating me. If you have 3 units of ferocious stealers then you can drop them on units with meltas and your tyrant will be safe.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2002, 04:15:51 PM »
I think relying on 3 units of genstealers to hold up an opponants armeys fire power is going to happen, maybe if all the stealers came at once and didnt skater but thats just not how it works. I think I will make another unit of the gaunts with out number, that will give me a unit of 30 and 24