News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Strange 'nids conversions  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Haitou

• Yeah... Culmination.
Strange 'nids conversions
« on: July 17, 2002, 07:09:16 PM »
Whats the most interesting/strange/funny 'nid conversion everyone has seen?  I've seen one army themed entirely after Pokemon.  It was more funny than anything.  I just wish I had a camera handy with me.  Has anyone else seen any really weird Tyranid conversions?
WWSD

Offline none

• You can't trample infidels when you're a tortise.
    • halls of entropy
Re:Strange 'nids conversions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2002, 04:33:52 AM »
Well, I recently got a couple of Raveners, and one I just had to do this with.  I bent out the tail to make it mostly straight then I twisted it around a bit so that it was standing up from the base of it's tail, basically so it looks like a Zoanthrope   ;D

Of course it's also about as tall as a Hive Tyrant now..  ;)
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
  And the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2002, 06:16:49 PM »
My less strange one is my Hive Tyrant, which has "wings": I glued Rending Claws to its back, then I glued Scything Talons to the Rending Claws.

The more strange one is from the time when I thought Rippers could be mutated with Spore Mine Launchers...
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Lord of Fire

• Well so much for not having a picture..
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2002, 08:23:15 PM »
Well once i say a pretty cool genestealer with wings. Also i converted a ravener by unfolding the last squggle in the tail so it look like it was sitting on the edge of somthing. Then i added another pair of scything taolns instead of a devourer. Finally i glued him to a clear piece of plastic and gave him a funky paint job. Now he sits ontop of my massive 19" computer screen and watches me, its wicked cool.
Mess with the best, and die with the rest.

Offline Lord of Fire

• Well so much for not having a picture..
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 11:24:41 AM »
I also forgot to mention this awesome custom made harodule i saw once. It was very impressive.
Mess with the best, and die with the rest.

Offline Or'es Mesme

• This is a picture of me(Aren't I lovely?)
    • Tau Online
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2002, 05:05:18 AM »
Mines not really a conversion. it's more of a monument. I got a large scythe and a warrior head and cut the scythe and put the warrior head in  the middle. Then I added some red paint (blood) and it looks class.
Visit these websites:
http://www.tauonline.btinternet.co.uk and the OFFICIAL forum of it:

http://tauonline.eliteboards.com/index.cgi

VISIT THEM NOW!Also please click on the banner below:
<div align="center"><center>
<!-- Begin Clicks4U Banner Code
   (Code goes between BODY tags) -->
<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
document.write('<scr','ipt language="JavaScript" s');
document.write('rc="http://www.cli

Offline MrMischief

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2002, 08:18:13 AM »
for a convertion contest, some 1 took the head and torso of a tyranid warrior and put spider legs in it so it looked like is tyranid spider it was definatly cool
"Knowlage pursues me, But I am faster"

Offline Kei'Ariq

• Ancient
  • Ariq rides again
    • Wych Cult of Spank Me!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2002, 11:25:26 PM »
My flatmate is slowly working on Hive Fleet Comicus. It is a new Hive Fleet that has consumed a travelling circus early in its existence.

Without stealing too much of his thunder my favourite conversion is a Termagant named lazy. He is always placed at the back of the unit, has his tail and gun dragging on the ground, his head sagging and snow settling on his back. He really looks like the trip was too much for him.

A plan for the near future is Cowboy. Cowboy is a Ravener with a Devourer. He will get a cowboy hat and boots (although I don't know where they will go). The reasoning behind this is that he has a 'six shooter'...

Offline chimera

• Whoa, this is the fourth time I died
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2002, 11:58:53 AM »
im going to make a hive tyrant with 3 pairs of scything talons and pray that it will balance like a spider.Ill need to extend its neck a bit though...
Ich bin die Verkörperung des Todes!

Im waitng in my cold cell,
When the bell begins to chime,
Reflecting on my past life,
And it doesn't have much time.

Cause at five o'clock,
 they take me to the gallows oooooohhhh!
The sands of time,
for me, are running low!

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2002, 07:13:18 PM »
saw a carnifex painted like a clown.

Offline jasper

• if you dont know, i cant tell you
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2002, 12:57:25 AM »
not too strange but i did some warriors with 2 sets of talons, 1 set from warrior sprue, other from hormagaunt sprue and they look really evil...plus the hgaunt sprue has many different posed sets of talons and the tear stuff up on the table(4 s5 attacks for 28 pts)

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2002, 09:45:12 AM »
my friend's avatar has a gaunt leaping at him.

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2002, 08:41:35 AM »
My strangest conversion was when i bought that 90$ nid box thing and after I had built everthing I had some guns left over and just had to have some fun. I took 5 fleshborers and five devourers then cut the devourer behind the part with the holes where all the stuff shoots out. Then I took the arm with what was left of the devourer and attached the barrel of the fleshborer to it to create something that resembled a really big flashlight(as opposed to the regular fleshborer which looks like a normal sized flashlight). I took 5 of the devourer left arms and set those aside with the guns. Next I took five more devourers and cut them at the wrist then sanded it down a bit more so the hand holding the gun wasnt as noticable. That would be the body and the head. Then I attached the arms holding the guns to the part of the "body" right behined the big part with all the holes which was the "head". Now for the legs. I took five pairs of spine fists cut of the nub where ite arms would attach into the sockets of the gaunts and also cut of all the uneven parts on the ends of the fists so it would work better on the bases. Then I attached the spine fists to the stock of the devourer(the one which was the body, not the gun)so it looked like the knees would be bending backwards the just set them on the base and glued em'! And they were made all out of nid guns!

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2002, 10:16:54 AM »
Hmmm my strangest conversion is made of a gargoyle body and warrior wings: I had one gargoyle leftover, because i needed the wings for another model, and i also had some warrior legs, because my winged warriors are levitating warriors (you maybe remember that thread about the best way to make winged nids). So that gargoyle got some way too big warrior legs, an now it looks like a super fast running gaunt.

jwu

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2002, 05:19:49 PM »
Sometimes the best conversions people make are made from old scraps that are laying around. When you  get bored the mind can work wonders.

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2002, 03:23:01 AM »
I've seen quadraped Warriors, fixed Old One Eyes, The Blue Menace (red terror), Raveners defending clutches of Tyranid spores, even saw a tyrant with an open mouth once.
 Somebody actually got a saw (or something) and made a tyrant with an open mouth and a long tounge for it's bio-plasma.
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline Andie

• Two, one, one, two.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2002, 09:32:52 AM »
They sawd it open? Wouldnt it just be eaisier to take it off completely and green stuff it?

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #17 on: December 1, 2002, 07:07:40 PM »
That's probably what he did, I didn't ask.  :-\
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.