News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,500pt. Sisters List  (Read 952 times)

Offline Dracite Zorial

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
1,500pt. Sisters List
« on: February 29, 2008, 09:43:50 AM »
Cannoness- Eviscerator, Jump Pack, Cloack of St. Aspira, Inferno Pistol = 125pts.

9 Battle Sisters & Vet. Superior- Flamer, Heavy Flamer= 142pts.
Rhino- Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers= 58pts.

7 Seraphim & Vet. Superior- Two twin-linked hand flamers, Eviscerator= 225pts

5 Seraphim & Vet. Superior- Two twin-linked inferno pistols, Eviscerator= 197pts

Exorcist- Extra armour= 140pts.

1427pts.

As you can see I have some points left over. What should that be spent on and does the list look any good?

Offline Gornon

• Emperor's Quill | I... I just don't want to talk about it
  • Ancient
Re: 1,500pt. Sisters List
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 12:41:21 PM »
Its not bad, not bad at all.

Some things to consider.

Cannoness- Eviscerator, Jump Pack, Cloack of St. Aspira, Inferno Pistol = 125pts.

You might want to drop the Inferno Pistol as she will only have one or two shots the whole game.  Any tank close enough to pistol is close enough to charge with the Evicerator.  Save some points there, or make the Evicerator master crafted, handy because of her limited attackes and WS.

You might want to give them Meltas/Heavy Flamer.  That way you can handle any tanks or dreadnaughts.

7 Seraphim & Vet. Superior- Two twin-linked hand flamers, Eviscerator= 225pts

5 Seraphim & Vet. Superior- Two twin-linked inferno pistols, Eviscerator= 197pts

The top one is fine, I run something simmilar.  That is a good all round unit.  Again with the Pistols, anything close enough to be shot by those can be charged.  Two hand flamers with Divine Guidance is more effective at popping infantry of all types then two I Pistols.

Fine as is.

Also, I would suggest sticking books of St. Lucuis on all your VSS and Cannie.  Take a look at the rules, for its paltry cost, your leadership becomes unmodifiable, very handy for keeping the girls in a melee until help can arrive.  My suggestion would be to make all your units more all rounders, so that your opponet can not cherry pick and your Sisters can handle whatever is in front of them.
"Lift not my head from bloody ground,
Bear not my body home,
For all the earth is Roman earth
And I shall die in Rome."
-G.K. Chesterton, The Ballad Of The White Horse

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-Carl von Clausewitz, Prussian Military Theorist

Background Board Poster of the Year, '09

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 12:41:36 PM »
Seems very solid, so much so that I don't have any suggestions to make. Although my personal preference is to have meltaguns instead of flamers but your setup is a well used choice as well.

Extra points, an empty heavy support immolator to run about being annoying with flamers? Or you could mastercraft all the eviscorators...
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Wombats

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »
That is a damn tight list. 

I'd drop the Inferno Pistol, the Extra Armour on the Exorcists and the Eviscerator off the Inferno Pistol squad. 

Main reasons being they are investing in unusual situations:
 - The Cannoness will be locked in combat and not shooting
 - Exorcists aren't likely to need the Extra Armour unless you're unlucky
 - The small Seraphim squad is good because its cheap, it may not have the numbers to do a lot of assaulting so keep it shooty. 

That leaves you with 123 points left over which could be:

1. An Eversor Assassin and nudist Inquisitor
2. A second Cannoness of Doom
3. Most of a third Exorcist if you're that nasty :)

These are all things that will probably do more than the stuff you lost. 

I think you should be right with Flamer and Heavy Flamer, sure, you can't threaten vehicles but everything else in your list can. 
Thought begets Doubt : Doubt begets Heresy
(Heresy begets you sent to bed with no dinner)