News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 36938 times)

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Can you Escape?
« on: March 18, 2009, 02:02:29 AM »
Hey Im testing out an idea for an Escape game, its pretty much a text based game although I will try my best to provide pictures of the rooms.

The rules are simple
  • Nothing exists outside the parameters set for you (example: you cant just say "I find a secret door and leave")
  • Play the game as if you(the individual poster) are trapped by yourself. However, unlike in reality, you have the advantage of knowing what the others are doing and what does, and does not work.
  • Make sure to ask questions instead of just assuming things.
  • Questions about description can be answered, questions about function cannot.
    Example
    • What CAN be answered: Whats the door made of? How tall is it? How heavy is it?(Any questions about description)
    • What CAN NOT be answered: If I do such-and-such will I die? If I do such-and-such will I escape? (Any "IF I" Questions)
  • Say what your going to do in the form of a Command (like "try to open door")
  • You can Backtrack through the rooms as long as their still open, you might have missed something.
  • If and when someone posts something incorrect or something that causes the subject to be unable to complete his task of escaping, I will describe the subjects last moves and the results. If you are the aforementioned poster your "command" posts will no longer be recognized. You have lost the game. That however does not mean you cant play spectator to your fellow posters.
  • Not everything in the pictures plays an important role in your escape, but you are not discouraged from asking (but please use common sense)
  • Make Sure to read through AT LEAST the previous Stage before posting, if you have not been following or are new. This is a progressive game, and youll need knowledge of previous rooms to escape.

• Have fun

You awake to find that you are somewhat dizzy, you do not know where you are or how you got there.
    You are wearing an two piece orange jumpsuit (like a prison inmate) the jumpsuit has no plastic or meatal.
    You are in a four walled white room,on the wall opposite you there is a steel door with no handle, next to it on the wall there is a small hole. The walls to your left and right are marked by a random pattern of holes, on the celing there is what appears to be a hatch and in the corner by the door there is a speaker. On the wall behind you the words "Welcome to Stage 1 " are stenciled onto the wall with blue paint.
    Through the speaker a voice says "Welcome to Stage 1. Test initiated, please proceed."........

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:42:49 PM by Grimfang »

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline JamesBot 9000

• He who begged to be a Moderator - Commissar- Official 40kO Sucker - 40kOnline's Wingman
  • Ancient
  • It's on now, chaps!
    • Out-of-Plane Labs
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 08:44:08 PM »
Take three steps forward.

The "I build robots" badge (LEVEL IV)
In which, technically, the recipient is not in the business of world domination (as dictated by membership rules*), but has built a robot that is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Herr.Erdnuss
Quote from: Jimmy said this last night in a dark closet
"Sorry, Jimmy can not resist!"
There were no survivors.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:04:48 PM »
Although still a bit disorientated, you take 3 steps forward, partially stumbling.
You are now approximately in the middle of the room, with what appears to be a hatch directly above you.

For everyone who posts here in the future I give you some help.
Basic commands are just like text based commands
Examples:
"Inspect Object/ Inspect object Closely/ Look at object"
"Pickup object/carry object/move object"
"(interact)Object(in certain fashion)"[i.e. "Pull the lever towards self"]
Its easier to write if you think of what you want to do and say it as if you were saying it to someone else.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 01:12:47 AM »
"Mmm, whatsyagoinghere?" Shakes head, back to the back wall and peep into a hole, feeling with finger(s) if there's something in...

Starky

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 01:24:14 AM »
You walk to the wall and peer into the small hole but can see nothing more than a few inches inside what appears to be a tube. Reaching inside you find the inside of the tube is cold and a little oily.

Good Ideas so far, keep them coming.
Trivia: The first playtester never made it out of this room  :P [its not that hard]

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 01:33:13 AM »
An Voice *cough*s and says: "Mmmm, that feels good."

You take your hand back, wipe your hand on your shirt and move towards the door instead, not wanting to repeat what just happened in the small holes...
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 02:04:38 AM »
Stepping away from the wall, you wipe what seems to be machine oil off onto your jumpsuit, and walk towards the door.

Upon closer inspection you find that it is made of a heavy meatal and that their are neither hinges nor a handle, only a number of rivets.

Trivia: Players often get into the habit of assuming they know evertything there is in a room.

Offline Tyranid_Wannabe

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Es ist ein schönes Schiff
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 03:41:52 AM »
Inspect the roof
Heed my wisdom, ignore my ignorance

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 04:53:08 AM »
 Turning away from the door, you look upwards to the ceiling of the room. The ceiling is stark white and looks to be made of the same material as the walls, a kind of pure stone, like marble.

In the center of the ceiling is a hatch, upon closer inspection, it appears that the hatch will require both hands to open, and the hatch is too high for you to reach with your hands, or by jumping.

MAKE SURE TO READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
"Mmmm..." Turns back to the door and examine the triangle by the door - What is it?

Starky

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 07:04:01 PM »
Looking over to the door you see that next to it is a sign and above it the words STAGE 1
here is what the sign looks like.

Updated pic of room to be more clear, including sign.

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
(The Red Room, eh? This should be interesting.)
======================

I turn around to look at the wall behind me. Anything interesting? (Just because the GM said there's words there, doesn't mean there ain't nothing else.)
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »
The wall bears the words "Welcome to Stage 1"
Other than that the wall is blank and there is nothing of interest.

I'll tell you right now, the color of the words is NOT pertinent information

Excellent train of thought Talon Raven, remember that players.....

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »
Is the jumpsuit the only thing I'm wearing? Inspect all clothes I wear (including eventual pockets, seems, ect) and myself closely, VERY closely...

Starky

Yes you are being dense.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 02:53:28 AM »
The jumpsuit is the only thing you are wearing, and after thurogh investigation you find that it has two pants pockets.
Contained in one of the pockets is a key-like object.

In the other is a coin like object.

Other than that there is nothing of interest.

Smart move Starky

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 03:05:13 AM »
Is that a key lock I see near the door, go and inspect it closely.

Also I think that that coin shape thing has something to do with the holes in the wall but I don't know yet. wait this isn't a request but do those walls hold spikes which come out and kill us like a spike wall. maybe if you put the key in the lock the spike wall comes out.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2009, 03:14:19 AM by blinky jungle »
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 04:15:24 PM »
Walking past the door to its right side you find a keyhole that appears to fit the key.

We'll find out wont we?

Offline 42

• Cry havoc and let lose the dogs of war
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »
I pace the room trying to work out the measurements
How the Chimney-sweepers cry 
       Every blackning Church appalls,
       And the hapless Soldiers sigh
        Runs in blood down Palace walls

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2009, 04:41:04 AM »
Looking once more at the hatch you can clearly see there is no lock, but that the hatch will require both hands to open, and it is too high for you to reach with your hands, or by jumping.

The room is square approximately 15 feet by 15 feet.

Note: the picture serves as a visual aid, and all measurements are not to scale but you knew that already you clever devils didnt you?

Note: I will Never intentionaly misslead a player/players, I will Never lie to a player/players or any such thing that will trick them into a loosing move or cause them to be incapeable of escaping.
Its just not in the spirit of the game...
However, other players may or may not intentionaly/unintentionaly say things that are missleading or deceptive....take every thing with a grain of salt as the saying goes

Offline blinky jungle(REM)

• Parachuting oranges to soldiers? Whats Next?
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 04:57:13 AM »
Does the coin fit one of the holes or if it doesn't it must be used later on
House M.D is amazing(Watch it)
REM is amazing(Listen to it)
Subliminal messaging is amazing(Read it)