News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 246149 times)

Offline Rensi

• Jon Snow
Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #260 on: August 8, 2010, 02:15:05 PM »
I just posted this morning to the newbies section, guess I'll just copy and paste it.  Any feedback/ideas welcome  8)

I have been working on an Eldar army for a while now, mostly started as I like painting miniatures.  Still not sure on all the rules of the game, I haven't even played one all the way through yet.  My inspiration was Protoss as I awaited SC2 to come out.  I will probably add more detail as I finish the basics, but for now its just stones and a few color patches to distinguish.

I started with Chaos black, sprayed gold, inked and mudded for the bronzed look. 

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »
Just tidying up, updating and deleting old replies.
-Lor

Here is how to post you pics in here (for those that are not as computer friendly as others)

1.... You have to have the picture stored (uploaded) onto the internet to begin with, so go to Photobucket (as it works in here, and its free) and make an account to store your pictures.

2.... Next you will have to get the web address of your picture and copy it between image code like this (or paste it into the code that appears when you click on the little "Mona-Lisa" icon in the tool bar. Anyway in the end it will look like this (with square brackets instead of {}, OK).

{img}address/address/address{/img}

3.... If you want the picture to be a thumbnail, then you need to get the appropriate thumbnail address and it looks like this. Note where the little th_ part is to go (into the final destination that actually has the picture type at the end of it... and Yes you can just use the picture address itself and add the th_ yourself to make most pictures appear as a thumbnail (with square brackets instead of {}, OK).

{img}address/address/th_address.jpg{/img}

4.... It also really nice to have a thumbnail that enlarges when you click on it... so here is what you do. Add the url code around the image code that you already have. you can type this yourself or use the little "globe" icon in the tool bar, anyway it will look like this when you do it (with square brackets instead of {}, OK).

{url}{img}address/address/th_address.jpg{/img}{/url}

Now take your original image address and assign it to the url by adding a = symbol and the address before you close the initial url brackets; like this (with square brackets instead of {}, OK)

{url=address/address/address}{img}address/address/th_address.jpg{/img}{/url}

Your done...
     I know that looks like a lot; but here is what I do... Click on the "globe" and then the "mona-lisa" icons one right after the other... then grab the web address and paste it into the two spots (adding the = sign, and adding the th_ as required)... and your done in about 10 seconds.

Here is what you end up with

{url=http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/40%20K/Necron%20WIPs/Pariah/P2030003.jpg}{img}http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/40%20K/Necron%20WIPs/Pariah/th_P2030003.jpg{/img}{/url}

But yours will have [] brackets instead of {} so that it will appear to others like this.

click to enlarge

I do hope that helps those that are less computer friendly than other, and don't think that I am super smart of anything like that.. this is knowledge that was passed on to me by others in 40Kol.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 07:59:48 PM by Lorizael »

Offline kamhul

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:22:45 PM by Lorizael »

Offline videvekartuspaan

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »
Heres my avatar, the only model ive bought in the past couple years. will post more shots of my army when i move them back from my friends house

Offline Chrono

• Spamming Wave Serpents Before It Was COOL!!!
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #264 on: October 6, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »
Here is my eldar army. Most of it isn't recent, and some of you may remember half of this stuff from a post I made a long long time ago which is kinda lost in the boards. So anyways, I thought this would be a better place to post.

Some of it isn't quite done, and I do have a lot more just not in this theme. But hope you all like it as much as I have enjoyed checking out the other armies posted in this thread.

Btw thanks moc065 for the tutorial on how to post pictures!
« Last Edit: October 6, 2010, 06:04:32 PM by Chrono »
SWARMDAR ARE COMING!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #265 on: October 7, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
VERY NICE CHRONO!!! Keep up the good work.  I love the color combos you came up with, very pleasing on the eyes.I have come to another pass in the eldar world. I am about to start painting my DE and am having color problems, i.e. I don't want to do the green.

Happy gaming!!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Reikai

• What 'bout my star?~*
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
hmm... I thought I'd post this here >___>.  Dark pictures are dark, as its like 4 AM here in Tokyo, but I just finished painting this, and I wanted to share.

"Unreleased" female Eldar Farseer.

Yes... semi-gloss topcoat... trying to find a place to get "true" matt topcoat in Tokyo =/.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »
They don't have hobby stores in Tokyo? Alot of department stores may carry matt finish clears in the spray paint section. I've never been there but here in Texas I find mine in hobby stores. I would hope that they would have an equivellent of Hobby Lobby or some hobby place somewhere. That said, your paint job is super clean and the semi-gloss looks great on it. Keep up the great work.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Reikai

• What 'bout my star?~*
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2010, 12:15:09 AM »
Some brighter photos:

They don't have hobby stores in Tokyo? Alot of department stores may carry matt finish clears in the spray paint section. I've never been there but here in Texas I find mine in hobby stores. I would hope that they would have an equivellent of Hobby Lobby or some hobby place somewhere. That said, your paint job is super clean and the semi-gloss looks great on it. Keep up the great work.

Yeah they do.  Every "Matte" varnish/top-coat I've found though, is semi-gloss.  Always.  Even the GW Varnish, "Satin coat" in the UK was matte'ish... however in JP its semi-gloss <___<

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2010, 04:21:55 AM »
In the past I used Testors dull coat to tone down the shine. I haven't bought it in years but you might check any stores that sell model cars, planes, etc and see if they have any in their painting products. I hope this helps.

Offline steinerp

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2010, 09:18:36 AM »
homemade titan but the cat tends to be the one that does the damage

objective markers

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2010, 06:03:29 AM »
Great work steinerp. Love the blues. I'll bet it looks real impressive on the game table.

I finally got a good pic of my reapers. They are the last edition models and have been painted for several years now, but.....

Offline strandem

« Reply #272 on: October 26, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
Testing a post with this work in progress.  Feel free to comment.

IMG_1473 by chaos_spawnn, on Flickr
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:37:48 AM by strandem »

Offline DutchSage

• Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
« Reply #273 on: October 26, 2010, 06:52:22 PM »
My current 1700 point army:

HQ

Elites

Troops

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 06:49:33 PM by DutchSage »
"Take my advice, I don't use it anyway"

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
My current 1700 point army:

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks nice DutchSage but some close ups would be nice.

Offline DutchSage

• Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2010, 06:50:38 PM »
As requested, added some close ups to my previous post.
"Take my advice, I don't use it anyway"

Offline Fizzics

• Destroyer of Worlds
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
what model is this?

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2010, 07:38:37 PM »
Those are Wave Serpents with the Forgeworld bits to convert them, this was very popular prior to GW making the current Wave Serpent figure, and these are still very legal game wise.

Those are actually nicely painted as well, so thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2010, 09:59:50 PM »
As requested, added some close ups to my previous post.

Nice and thanks. Looking real good. I have one suggestion on your yellow areas. I have found that by using a flesh wash, which is a brown, and let it flow into the recessed areas it dreates a nice shadow effect. Now if your not cofortable about trying this, then leave them alone cause they look great anyway. Keep up the good work.

Happy Gaming!!

Offline Chrono

• Spamming Wave Serpents Before It Was COOL!!!
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #279 on: October 28, 2010, 12:12:28 AM »
what model is this?

(Image removed from quote.)

As moc065 already stated, ya they are the old forgeworld wave serpent conversion kits from before GW made their own model. (I actually like them more than the current GW models), but it is kinda sad seeing all my models become dated to the new stuff. I need to get a pic of the back of my little bike council conversion, since they all have pink capes which u can't see at all which helps them stand out a bit more from plain guardians.
SWARMDAR ARE COMING!