News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Triumvirate of the Primarch  (Read 7791 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: Triumvirate of the Primarch
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 04:46:55 PM »
Also, I was hoping that the first primarch to return would be Lion himself, so it's nice to see a glimpse of "what could be" :)
That makes two of us.  However, looking at it, it really does make sense that Guilliman is the first Primarch to return to the Imperium.  I mean, he was the one Primarch where they actually knew his location.  He was in stasis on Ultramar.  None of the locations of the other Primarch's are known, so who knows if or when we will ever see them return.

I would love to get official rules for the Lion; and when that day comes, I will shelf this model as a display piece.  But until that day comes, this is my Lion.

Wow... what a fantastic job GML. I absolutley love it... Until I had just recently painted a Dark Angel in green for a friend, I didn't like the colors... but now I really do think they look great. I like your reasoning behind the green armor too... I think it makes perfect sense.

My favorite bit has to be the sword.... I love how its a classic power sword taken to the ultimate degree.

Great job man, a super ambitious project, exceptionally well executed.
The Dark Angel colour scheme, on paper, looks boring as hell, to be honest.  It really is just a flat, dark green that doesn't do a whole lot for the model, so I can totally understand your initial dislike of it.  Personally, I've always gone for a slightly brighter green and prefer how you get the implied darkness while not being drab.

With the blade, that is exactly what I was going for.  I never thought the fire blade made a whole lot of sense.  I mean, where are the flames coming from?  Now, a blade that had been energized to the point where it starts to arc and cause flames... something in the electrician in me just smiled!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline malicant

• "It is not blood that binds us..."
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 09:04:31 AM »
That makes two of us.  However, looking at it, it really does make sense that Guilliman is the first Primarch to return to the Imperium.  I mean, he was the one Primarch where they actually knew his location.  He was in stasis on Ultramar.  None of the locations of the other Primarch's are known, so who knows if or when we will ever see them return.

I would love to get official rules for the Lion; and when that day comes, I will shelf this model as a display piece.  But until that day comes, this is my Lion.

Guilliman does make the most sense in many ways.  He's also the best within the lore too.  He's a brilliant general and an excellent statesman, which is just what a troubled empire needs.  The lion, whilst he is a great general, lacks the human touch. 

If other primarchs do come back, I just hope that GW put more effort into the story.  Not to drag the thread off topic, but the plot of the Gathering Storm was far to rushed in my opinion.  Each of the books brings monumental lore changes in what has been a static setting for years.  Imagine how many awesome novels could have been produced. 

Hopefully, future progression (if any) will be paced better.

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »
Not to drag the thread off topic, but the plot of the Gathering Storm was far to rushed in my opinion.  Each of the books brings monumental lore changes in what has been a static setting for years.  Imagine how many awesome novels could have been produced.
I agree wholeheartedly!  The ending of Gathering Storm III was very, very rushed. 

- What happened with <character 1>?  Oh, he beslubbered off back with his people...
- What happened with <character 2>?  Oh, he beslubbered off back with his people...
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 4, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »
The Lord of the Fallen Angels is complete:

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #24 on: April 4, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »
Great job!
Love the fact that you've actually used black for the armour! Cypher with green armour has always really annoyed me!
Really good job on the cloak as well by the way. This was the model that I was looking forward to you painting and you definitely haven't disappointed!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 4, 2017, 05:35:19 PM »
It's always encouraging to hear someone is waiting for you to paint a specific model.  Thanks for that! 

I have Voldus around 50% completed, but I have to focus on getting some X-wing repaints done by the weekend so that I can sell the fleet with a cohesive colour scheme.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #26 on: April 6, 2017, 04:29:06 AM »
Lovely work GML, you've really achieved a great result with Cypher. The black armour is finished really well, while the cloak looks both amazingly rich whilst also being tattered and grubby - a brilliant echo to past glories.

For me, my favourite part of the model is the sword. You have really made it pop through the use of a brilliant colour palette, so despite it being an adornment, it manages to be a focal point of the model, as it should be.

Great job!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #27 on: April 6, 2017, 09:42:56 AM »
That looks really good GML and I agree with what Looshkin has said. The weathering/ageing that you have added to the cloak is absolutely brilliant. The only thing that I find slightly odd is the glossy sheen that the cloak has in the pictures as it makes it look like the cloak is made out of rubber or latex.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 6, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
That's just the lighting. You don't really see that in person.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »
G'day GML! The bases, the colour choices and the painting all on equally par. What a project. Have some Dark Angel units as part of my Dark Bloods army. Definitely going to take some notes from this thread. Thanks for sharing, mate.