News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153844 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2011, 09:52:20 AM »
does this mean i get the teef then? Great game though, wish i could have been there. Unfortunatly im in england so several thousand miles away :P

Phoenix

If I get the official ruling then I would say yes as he technically wasn't killed.  However if Skeetergod wants to challange that on the basis that he was falling back and could not regroup, thus counting as destroyed then I could see his point as well. 

As Skeetergod is the keeper of teef, not to mention the model in question was one of mine, I will let him make the final decission.

Offline the_humble_terminator

• Tankbusta Boy
  • Judgement Day is inevitable...See you soon!
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2011, 12:39:51 PM »
My opinion on the Ruling about whether or not to give The Phoenix teef is that he should get them....as The Nob is not dead, since the game did not officially end with either Turn 7....or not rolling high enough to continue to Turn 6, or 7...so I think he should get them.

My two cybernetic Teef

Left in the pertinent comment, got rid of the chaff
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 04:12:47 PM by Changeyname »
IfThe Terminator Series' Skynet would realize something.....

If they send Terminators back in time every time they are about to lose....but instead...they send them to the point at which judgement day occurred...and each time after, send to about 3 months after the time they last received a terminator...The resistance would lose a lot quicker. As the technology would actually be improving too fast for the resistance to react.....The Terminator series would end...and Skynet would have won.

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »
I have removed a lot of Spam and nonsense/off topic crap from this thread recently, it is a place to discuss things relevant to the Waaagh, not to Spam one liners, conversations between members about what colour pants you're wearing, in-jokes or any other thought which happens to enter your heads

Take it to PM or make a new thread but don't do it here

[mod]Any more nonsense and we'll have to seriously consider a restructure of the way this works ala the free-for-all it is now - you have been warned [/mod]
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2011, 10:18:17 PM »
The Warbuggy Tactica has been reposted in the boot camp, as per Skeeter and AoD's request...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #344 on: July 24, 2011, 01:58:25 AM »
I think that teef should be awarded as well due to the fact as the model/unit will not recover and would count as destroyed anyways, but on the other hand it's not ran off the table yet so isn't destroyed...yet but will be soon. But it's not my call though I'd count it as destroyed/defeated/killed for points purposes

Warbuggy Tactica? Did it make it to the article page already? AWESOME!! Good show, Adam, good show

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #345 on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:41 AM »
Drum roll please...

The Bank Account is updated as of 7-25-11. Lots of teef earned this week, mainly from gambling, Hopefully I got the bets correct, if not feel free to PM me and I will re-re-recalculate.

You can see the Bank Account on the first page of this thread, or by clicking this link here
If you did any teef earning activity, and I missed it, as usual feel free to PM me, or post it in this thread and I will get your account credited tooty sweetie (in case you all forgot, that's French, for right quick).
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
  • WARNING:Cookies Disabled! They have been eaten!
« Reply #346 on: July 25, 2011, 09:50:44 AM »
This is a silly question but I would like to know the answer. Does a Batrep have to be on Orks?
If you fail, try, try again, if you still fail, try something else.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #347 on: July 25, 2011, 10:08:45 AM »
This is a silly question but I would like to know the answer. Does a Batrep have to be on Orks?

Yes, members of the WoTW who post batreps about their orks receive teef awards.

If you post about another army that is not orks (even if you are a member of the WoTW) then you will not receive any teef. 

The WoTW is about and for orks, thus, only activities that are about your ork army, or orks in general, are all you can earn teef for. Since none of the other races in 40k use teef as currency, it would be pointless to pay space marines or eldar with teef, as they wouldn't be able to spend it anyway. That also includes tacticas, painting guides, modeling, articles, fiction, or any other activities that you can participate in on these forums.

Hope that explains it for you.

PS. I will update the bank account to reflect this answer so that others in the future will know, and knowing is half the battle.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:12:53 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Leocuta

• Ork Boy
  • WARNING:Cookies Disabled! They have been eaten!
« Reply #348 on: July 25, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »
Ok thanks!
If you fail, try, try again, if you still fail, try something else.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #349 on: July 29, 2011, 11:33:31 AM »
Just want to make a quick post to help the bossz confirm applicable qualifications:

Faces of the Waaaaggggh Post: done (at the moment the most recent)
Number of Ork Forum Posts: 41 (i think... hard to read stats page)
Participated in the July Build-Off (pictures and some how-to snippits in there)
...more to come!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:36:42 AM by Athaga Mor »
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #350 on: July 29, 2011, 12:44:04 PM »
Awesome, Athaga! Good show, I failed at the scrapyard yet again due to extreme heat and working 10 hours out doors has left me drained completely. Though I do believe the bosses are doing a trial or probation period now of 30 days. Your promotion will in due course and you are not forgotten, they see all and advance us orks in a relatively timely manner. Not to worry it happens quickly for some and sometimes slowly for others.

Again very good work and keep it up, they and us little guys are watching all  ::)

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #351 on: July 29, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »
Awesome, Athaga! Good show, I failed at the scrapyard yet again due to extreme heat and working 10 hours out doors has left me drained completely. Though I do believe the bosses are doing a trial or probation period now of 30 days. Your promotion will in due course and you are not forgotten, they see all and advance us orks in a relatively timely manner. Not to worry it happens quickly for some and sometimes slowly for others.

Again very good work and keep it up, they and us little guys are watching all  ::)

All good, bud, and thanks for the props.  Just thought I'd cut down on the searching for the bossz (I used to be a mod/lead... waaaay back on EO.  Any leadership role on a forum is... involved hahaha)

I'm hoping for another scrapyard contest... lots to build for a HUGE battle this fall.  My next project will increase my waaaaghh by 28%.  Kind of want to see if I can get it done in a month (esp. w/ work, real life, trip to Chicago, etc).  More dakka dakka!  If I ever get there, some sort of Mek title is the goal.
Athaga Mor

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #352 on: July 29, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »
Just want to make a quick post to help the bossz confirm applicable qualifications:

Faces of the Waaaaggggh Post: done (at the moment the most recent)
Number of Ork Forum Posts: 41 (i think... hard to read stats page)
Participated in the July Build-Off (pictures and some how-to snippits in there)
...more to come!

OK, I guess this is your way of saying you want to join the WoTW. I looked back quite a few pages and did not see a specific request, and that would explain why you are not in the bank account. (either that, or you are and you changed your name).

So, I am adding you into the bank account as Athaga Mor, and giving you your first toof. If you did change your name let me know so I can combine your accounts, if not then congrats on your fine choice to be a member of the WoTW.

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #353 on: July 29, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
ummm yeah.. changed my name.  *skims the list for whomever has the most teef and opens the can of blue paint*  haha.  nah, thought the Faces thread earmarked me for wanting to participate - I probably read something wrong.  Thanks Skeetergod :)
Athaga Mor

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #354 on: July 30, 2011, 06:00:12 PM »
ummm yeah.. changed my name.  *skims the list for whomever has the most teef and opens the can of blue paint*  haha.  nah, thought the Faces thread earmarked me for wanting to participate - I probably read something wrong.  Thanks Skeetergod :)

Welcome aboard.  I will add you to our prospect list as soon as I am at my PC.  The Faces thread is an ork forum thread where the WotW mega thread is for members/potential members.   Anyone on the ork forum can post on the Faces Thread but to show you want to join the WotW then one has to post here.   

Also congrats on accomplishing so much painting in the Scrap yard build-off.  I think you might have accomplished more than the whole WotW this month by yourself.   Definately inspiring.   Awesome Job!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #355 on: August 1, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »
The Bank Account is updated, you can find it here

Some good stuff this week, and we are now up to 75 members, that is 3/4 of the way to a green tide!

This month it looks like there is something for everyone, the Scrapyard and the Boss Pole should keep everyone busy as we consolidate our plans for taking over the universe.

As always, if I missed any teef earning activity, feel free to PM me, or post it here and I will get your account credited tooty sweety.

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #356 on: August 1, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
Althaga breathe I still only have one tooth too.  Of course the teef will probually be handed out after they are rewarded for the July scrap yard event. 

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #357 on: August 2, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »
<deleted>

Don't worry, the teef earned from the July scrapyard are coming. Since the scrapyard ended and the bank account update were so close together, Dropfall did not have time to tell me who earned what. I think that so many teef were earned that he had to take both shoes off to count that high. (probably had to go borrow a few other peoples feet too  ;) )

As soon as Dropfall gets done counting, the teef will get credited to their accounts. So most likely you will see your bags of teef on the next update (Mondays).

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
  • To er is 'umie, to WaaaaaaagH! is divine.
« Reply #358 on: August 3, 2011, 12:00:16 PM »
Suffice to say, I failed in the scrapyard build off. [I know it's a few days after the fact but i've been without t'internet :(]

My fighta does have 4 colours on it but they are only base coats and it's a long way off and it's on a base but it hasn't been 'based' appropriately.

It seems the fates have conspired against me... I've been visiting home for the last 4 weeks and thought, "I'll have loads of free time."

The reality was, "I have loads of hangovers! and lost my detail brushes!".... pants!

Any way, if anyone is interested in seeing it through, I'll be continuing my progress in my Plog here [pics still to come... damn camera!]

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=214433.msg2630359#new
Blood Axe Orks W/D/L - 12/3/1

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
« Reply #359 on: August 4, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
hello all, i am new to 40k online and new to orks. i was invited to join WotW, and i would like to join :D
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"