News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A Guard A Day Keeps The Commissar Away  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
A Guard A Day Keeps The Commissar Away
« on: February 24, 2009, 06:23:55 PM »
Recently I've taken to setting myself a 'mini' project each week, and a sub-project each day, for example - finishing an entire platoon in a week.

Today I started work on all my remaining (i.e. non-stolen) tanks with a new colour scheme inspired by this:
http://www.hsgalleries.com/gallery04/images/centurionexpo2005_4.jpg

I thought we could discuss ideas we were throwing around for colourschemes/little pieces each day that mean we improve our skills and encourage others to keep working on our respective forces.

By Friday I want my Baneblade, a Russ and 2 Chimeras finished in that camo - removing the brown for a darker blue (most likely to have the brown added once more at a later date...)
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
Re: A Guard A Day Keeps The Commissar Away
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
you must have a lot of time on your hands
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 07:48:23 AM »
you must have a lot of time on your hands

I agree. The most I've ever painted in a week is one squad.

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:58:55 AM »
Well, if he aims on inspiring us, this has merit. Obviously both of you think it's a tall ask, but an hour or half an hour a day is normally easy to scrounge. Okay, normaly I say that to inspire people to excercise, but obviously this is  a much more worthy battle.

Batch painting by going half an hour a day would probably allow you to run through a ton of guardsmen a week. Also check out Talon Raven. AFAIK he had a massive project a year or so ago. maybe he can comment.

Spite
Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 08:16:32 AM »
If you dedicate yourself to the taks it shouldn't be a problem at all. Especially if you know how to paint the scheme you want. You can batch a platoon in a few hours that way.
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Fugitive

• Major, Best Painted Sentinel
  • Tuseday is soylent green day.
    • my portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:23:26 AM »
Well, if he aims on inspiring us, this has merit. Obviously both of you think it's a tall ask, but an hour or half an hour a day is normally easy to scrounge.

Well. Some times an hour is easy, some times it really isn't. Though I will admit that I often have the time.  But 40k has to compete with other interests of mine. Also I'm not the fastest painter in the world.

Okay, normaly I say that to inspire people to excercise, but obviously this is  a much more worthy battle.

:D Indeed.

Also check out Talon Raven. AFAIK he had a massive project a year or so ago. maybe he can comment.

Oh yes. I remember that, wasn't that like 100 guardsmen in a month or something? Can't remember if he finished on time but I'm sure he was at least close.

I would also like to point out that my previous post was not meant to discourage Swiper in any way. It was just me feeling sad that I'm such a slow painter.

I survived the "CoC Crackdown".

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 04:39:27 PM »
I'm a terrible painter of vehicles... and making very, very good use of the Tamiya masking tape for the camo scheme.

First time painting in about a year and a half so will upload pics hopefully on Saturday to see if I hit my target :)

Have around 100 Praetorians arriving soon as well... which will alter the project a wee bit :p
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D