News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pt list for review  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
1500 pt list for review
« on: July 13, 2002, 03:09:10 PM »
1500 points

-HQ-
Necron Lord – 170
-Warscythe
-Destroyer Body
-Phase Shifter

-Elites-
6 Immortals – 168

8 Flayed Ones – 144

-Troops-
18 Warriors – 324

18 Warriors – 324

-Fast Attack-
3 Wraiths – 123

5 Scarab Bases – 60

-Heavy Support-
Tomb Spyder – 55

2 Heavy Destroyers – 130

1498 points

The Destroyer Lord goes with the 3 Wraiths with the Heavy Destroyers following.  They go across from the most enemy armor.  In the center is the 2 squads of Warriors that just march forward until they are in rapid fire range.  On the other flank is the 5 scarab bases followed by a Tomb Spyder followed by Flayed Ones followed by Immortals.  Depending on who my opponent is I might just deep strike the Flayed Ones.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
Re:1500 pt list for review
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 11:37:36 AM »
two things i have to say

No 1    dump the scarabs you can get your tomb spyder to create them for free.

No 2    Dump the heavy destroyers cause the basic warriors can destroy the heaviest of vehichles and with 18 shots your bound to do something to it.

if you wanted you could take out the immortals aswell and put in a monolith but its just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2002, 11:38:53 AM by Fuegan »
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 04:28:56 PM »
I think that you should drop the Flayed Ones and the Scarabs, and put the points toward more Necrons. I'm sorry, but you simply can't have enough of them in your army. They are powerful, tough and essential to keeping your army from phasing out.

Offline Lecron

• I will consume all in my path
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2002, 09:15:00 PM »
Flayed ones do count towards phase out. And you people over look the use of scarabs, use them to tie up some troublesome units so you can get your special something to take care of the troublesome unit. Come on the swarms have 3 wounds each, and have 3 atacks each. Use them as a shield.

Callidus

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2002, 09:28:22 PM »
He's got enough Warriors, people! 36 is more than enough for a 1500pnt army, plus the other Necron models count as well. The only thing I would change is to give the Lord a Ressurection Orb. I would personally take more Destroyers, but thats just me.

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2002, 10:24:51 PM »
Remove the Heavy Destroyers, and Scarabs. Keep the Immortals, but try make it a ten man squad. The Necron Lord should have Veil Of Darkness and use him in conjunction with the Immortals. Don't give him a Warscythe beacause he can't shoot, and dropp Phase Shifter. Use the Wraiths and Flayed ones together, by moving the Wraiths foreward then deepstrike the flayed ones behind the enemy your Wraiths are going to assualt and have fun from then on in. Also if you want to make a larger army, More Warriors and A MONOLITH.

Offline Biel-Tan-your-hide

• Yeah....I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2002, 02:05:43 AM »
Don't take a Monolith in games less than 2000 pts.  Your opponents will ignore it (if they know what they're doing) and concentrate on making you phase out.  For 235 points you could buy 13 warriors that should keep coming back.  It's a cool model, just too expensive for small games.