News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: One of my feared opponents  (Read 5291 times)

Offline Jackdaw

• The jackdaw crowed before fleeing into the sky.
Re:One of my feared opponents
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2002, 05:16:41 PM »
Yes, you're right C'tan Man. Sorry for cross-examining you before.

FrozenFury, I said about six times now, but I have to say it again. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEESE! I see where you are coming from though. I'm going to assume your army is Eldar, as I've seen your posts on EldarOnline. To mow down those biovores, two things come to mind:     1) Swooping Hawks
                              2) Dispersed Formation
As for the Genestealers and other Tyranids, maybe you should consider taking Wave Serpents.

Happy Trails.
Follow me, fading underneath the mist of hate,
Follow me, take my blood stained hand,
Where we can roam among the fields of time,
Finally free, follow me...

Offline Rliyen

• That blows righteous Mon-Keigh chunks under Heaven
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2002, 01:56:56 PM »
Any balanced IG army can take out the Nids.  Your firing doctrine has to be this way:  Fire least powerful weapon and work your way up to the most powerful.  Lasgun the crap out of the gaunts and lesser Nids, then when you get to your heavier weapons, pop the node creatures.  What you want to do is force morale checks on the gaunts as soon as the node creatures are eliminated.  Also, I see that reserve missions suck for Nid players because most of the time their troops are the majority non-node units.  They flake like flocking on christmas trees when all by their lonesome.

I have played several experienced Nid players and with one exception, they all play the same.

Space Marines Are For Pansies.

Real Men play Eldar

Offline MartianNature

• I love the smell of starcannons in the morning...
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2002, 09:20:05 PM »
I play Iyanden - nuff said really  :-\

Fortunately, I have prepared for swarm armies like the Nids and Orks...  a pair of vibro-cannons and a pair of walkers armed with 2x scatter lasers each is a fair bit of anti-swarm heavy support  ;D
"These are the End Times.  The Apocalypse.  Gotterdammerung.  Ragnarok.  The Void.  King of Battles.  Jutenborg.  The Great Conflagration.  The Death of Stars.  How many names to tell of this warring end?  To tell of this violent time when Time itself is smashed asunder?" - Inquis Exterminatus.

Offline Farseer12

• ulthwe shall bring forth the return of eldar rule
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2002, 07:12:58 PM »
well lets put it this way My girl friend of 2 years now plays tyranids i play eldar and i am dont want to play her too  much if i win i lose , if i lose i ........lose.
~we have warned you of your actions before now you will have the pay the price in your blood~
~ the stars once lived and died at our command and still you oppose us!~

Offline Greg

• Eldar
« Reply #24 on: August 4, 2002, 12:37:50 PM »
Note for assault armies:

Nids look scary, but anyone who has the codex and knows their profile's will know that they are not all that.

If you pick your fights and know which units you can defeat they are easly beaten back.

I play Biel Tan all mounted and all assault, sure I will take casulties but I do far more damage to them in the process.

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2002, 06:52:31 PM »
Nids ARE all that! for 1536 points i get a 192 units that move a maximum of 48 inches a turn, have 576 strength 4 attacks and hit marines on a 4+ They kill everything. The Hive Tyrant IS the best most rounded dreadnought any army has to offer. He does everything Daemon princes, avatars, and wraithlords can do plus a lot of nifty tricks like Deep strike!!! A carnifex glances a land raider when you roll 2 2s!!! tyrandis are just as competitive as any warhammer 40k army.

Offline Nids848

• I *Love* Farseer12!
    • Covshire- you all should come here, it's a cool group to join.
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2002, 05:27:32 PM »
all of you nid players say that you get to the other army in like 2 turns but how do you do that? your playing board must be small cuz my nids can move 12 inches in moving and a D6 during shooting and still it takes more then 2 turns to get to my enemy. how big is your board and how does your models "move a maximum of 48 inches a turn" Antediluvian? i donn't know how you got that? bye

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2002, 01:40:58 AM »
Nids828, I think what Antedeluvian was referring to was that a hormagaunt could move 6", fleet of claw 6", charge 12" then sweeping advance 18" in a single turn.  Now that comes out to 42" of movement.  The only way you could get 48" would be if you had both wings (12"move) and leaping legs (12"assault) which is not legal - only one movement mutation is allowed.  I'm not quite sure how he's getting all those abilities into just 8pts a model either.

As Greg said it's really a matter of knowing how to match your units.  If you send a tough, good armor save unit against hormagaunts you're probably going to do alright - but the same unit used against genestealers would get slaughtered.  I wouldn't match my genestealers against a unit like wyches or scorpions though - even if they got lucky and won they would take too much damage in the combat.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline Antediluvian

• All ends have a new beginning...
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2002, 10:46:36 PM »
if you start the game out of synapse you can potentualy move 48" on turn 1.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2002, 08:33:42 AM »
Well, I finally found this site (by accident) and here is where some of that stuff went!!!  Any way, as a Saim Hann player I must boast back at "MrMischief" in that I have only lost to nids 3 times in two years.  Well over 100 games (lost count) The only nid army I have a hard time against is the mycetic spoor attack, without number.  I read the "White Dwarf" article that my friend (John the million point nid guy) showed me and we played.  I usually slaughter his nids but that day he finally beat me.  Now he always comes at me with that mycetic bunch and the games are very close.  Usually less than 100 points difference.  His plus is I have to really work at getting the manuvering room to become effective, because he is on top (literally) of me first turn.  As for biovore removal, my hawks have got so good at it my opponents are leaving lictors in the rear to attack the hawks when they get close.  Usually the biovores dont survive past 3rd turn.  Dont get me wrong here, I love playing against nids, they are very formidable.  Of all the 40k armies I think the nids are the most balanced army.  
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak