News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pt list, found a way to use the summoning  (Read 834 times)

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
2000pt list, found a way to use the summoning
« on: November 15, 2011, 08:09:40 AM »
I made the following list because I was looking for a way to get use out of the librarian summoning ability as I though it seemed good but couldn't find the right way to use it. Previously I'd tried it with the librarian being the forward element of the army and then summoning allies in to help out.

This list uses the librarian as a defensive unit with his inquisition buddies. He shrouds the dreads and his unit gives support fire and counter-assault. The other more mobile elements of the army are there to get to grips with the enemy and take the fight to them, if they get into trouble the librarian can safely call them home and out of harms way. He can also pull them back if my defensive base is under attack.

Overall the army packs alot of firepower spread all around and with the terminators and purifiers also has a bit of CC ability as well.

Librarian – Stave, Shrouding, Might Of Titan, Sanctuary, Summoning   205
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor – Rad Grenades, Psycho Grenades, Hammerhand + Force Sword, 2x Servo Skull, Power Armour   99
2x Jokearo, 1x Mystic, 3x Acolyte - Meltagun, 3x Deathcult Assasins   167
Chimera   5*
5x Strike Knights – Psycannon, MC Hammer   125
Razorback – Psybolts, Searchlight   51
5x Strike Knights – Psycannon, MC Hammer   125
Razorback – Psybolts, Searchlight   51
5x Terminators – Psycannon, 3x Halberds, Hammer   225
5x Terminators – Psycannon, 3x Halberds, Hammer   225
8x Purifiers - 2x Psycannons, Hammer, 5x Halberds   227
Rhino   4*
Dreadnought - 2x TL Autocannon, Psybolt Ammo   135

Total= 2000pts

Had one game with it so far and it did well, handily beating a bloodangels force in a kill point game. The summoning was awesome, twice retrieving routed terminator squads who were being shepperded off the board, damn tank shocks ;) and the dreads proved once again how great they are.
Also I learnt that even just three DCA's are pretty brutal when backed up with grenades, my libby and henchman squad delt with a TH/SS termy squad taking just one casualty.

Offline Grand Master Rex Nihilo

• Victory is one part planning and nine parts Faith
Re: 2000pt list, found a way to use the summoning
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »
When you said you found a way to use Summoning I thought you were going to say by using two Librarians, one in the forward element and one in the Firebase and have units get summoned back and forth as needed.

Mystics and Teleort homers are advantageous to this strategy.

As would GKSS to prevent some DSing close to your fire base.

In this list a Purgation squad of 5 w 4 Incinerators and a THer for 105 points of Flame Purification is an effective unit for the points and can get summoned into the fray accurately.

You may be able to go vehicle free with this list too.

Mordrak could be handy in a list of this type too, obvious with your one Libby version on the theme.

Dread Knights are not usually my cup of tea but they could fit here too.

But as to your specific list posted:

- The Stave on the Libby in the fire base is not needed as much as it would be on the forward Libby.
- recheck the points on your Inq.
- I seems search lights might be in vogue again due to Necrons

I like the List, let us know how it works out going forward.

GMRN

7000 points of Grey Knights
6000 points of Fire Drakes Space Marines