News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Three people who don't exist.  (Read 355 times)

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
Three people who don't exist.
« on: April 28, 2003, 07:35:58 AM »
My dad and I pulled up to the house where three people don't exist anymore.

We get out, and we go inside. It doesn't feel right. It feels strange without those three, now that they don't exist anymore. I miss the pet bird, too. The woman who doesn't exist anymore always claimed he talked, but no-one else ever heard it.

I go upstairs, and I look at a pile of things that my mother wants to keep. We put them in boxes, and we put into boxes things we don't want. When we've done that, we take them downstairs, then we go back up, and go into the back bedroom.

It wasn't always a bedroom. When the man existed, it was a workshop where he made model airplanes, and the boy who doesn't exist watched him.

So we empty papers out of the Drawers, and put them in binbags. My dad looks at some, so I start to pile them up for him to look at, and decide what we keep and what we throw away. When I'm done, I ask him what he's reading. It's a story, written by the boy who doesn't exist anymore. When he takes the trash down, I look at the story, and I remember it. I don't remember the ending, so I read it. I remember the story, and remember the three others. I wonder if I should write another, and realise the Boy does exist, I'd just forgotten.

And I think about the others, and realise that they may be gone, but they will still exist in my memories. I smile at the memories, and carry the things down to the van...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:47:43 AM by Wargamer »

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline Shadow Lord

• \,,,/ Metallica \,,,/
Re:Three people who don't exist.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 09:39:04 AM »
Que ?
Was ?
What ?
HUH ?
 ???
I am sorry but i am not entirely sure what you are trying to convey by that I think it refers to the person who is writing it but I am probably wrong. Could you explain.

Offline Archon Khiraq(danceman)

• The Devil in Pale Moonlight
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What's the matter? Don't you like clowns?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 10:16:44 AM »
they may be gone in the flesh but they live forever in our memories... :'(
"The blade itself incites to acts of violence" - Homer.

Offline Morrinath

• I have seen the future...and it's egg shaped!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 11:39:19 AM »
Unless you're really forgetfull in which case they're gone.
“Always forgive your enemies, nothing will annoy them more.” (Oscar Wilde)

“Knowledge consists of knowing that a tomato is a fruit and wisdom consists of not putting it in a fruit salad.” (Miles Kington)

“There is one thing more powerful than all the armies in the world and that is an idea whose time has come” (Anonymous)“

“To fight and win a hundred battles, this is not the acme of skill. But to subdue your enemy without landing a blow, this is the acme of skill.” (Sun Tzu)

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 11:42:52 AM »
Danceman's closest. The point is about loss, but not just of others. It's all to easy to lose a part of yourself. I did, and only really realised when sorting through all the things I did/made as a young kid. I wrote this more for myself than anyone else, because there are things I wanted. I've got more. Sometimes I feel things that I'd never say. Other people must feel this too, and those are some of the things I'd like to put into words, no matter how hard it is.

And yes, the "Boy" is me, or rather, a younger version of me. The "Man" and "Woman" are my grandparents, whom I spent a lot of time with, especially when my Nan got sick. I spent six months caring for her on a 24 hour basis, doing things for her that she couldn't. Some of which I'd rather not go into. That made me grow up, I guess, made it hard to remember the good times, made it hard to imagine the future, just to deal with each day at a time. In doing that, I changed. Even now I don't know if it was for better or worse, but I'm not the same as the boy I used to know. Having to go through the stuff buried away there, deciding what to keep and what to throw away, it reminded me of who I was. That's why I wrote this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2003, 11:47:07 AM by Wargamer »

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.