News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Drazki´s Rebels 1700pts  (Read 1181 times)

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

Drazki´s Rebels 1700pts
« on: July 8, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
Hello, haven´t played Orks for quite some time, mainly because I losed interest in my Goff army so I sold it but the last week I bought some Grots for my Gorka Morka gang and I realised just how cool the little critters are so I instantly started writing some fluff for them and made the list yesterday. The theme is a Grot army that have rebelled against their masters, some of the choices may seem odd but i´ve come up with appropriate conversions and most of my opponents have accepted them. Anyhow here´s the list:

HQ
Warboss Drazki Da Ruthless with Powerclaw, Slugga with Kustomjob Blasta, Attack Squig x2 and ´Eavy Armour

Big Mek Skrifim with Kustom Force Field, Superstikkbomb and ´Eavy Armour

Elites
20 Skarboyz w/ 3 Burnaz

Troops
30 Grots; Slaver with Rokkit Launcha and Squighound x2

30 Grots; Slaver with Slugga with Kustomjob Shootier, Choppa and Squig Hound

30 Grots; Slaver with Choppa, Tankbusta bombz and Squighound

10 Tankbusta Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchaz

20 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launcha; Nob with Powerclaw and Slugga

Fast Attack
3 Warbuggies with Skorcha and Grot Riggers

2 Warbuggies with TL Rokkit Launchaz and Grot Riggers

Heavy Support
Looted Basilisk with Indirect Fire and Grot Riggers

2 Zzap Guns with 2 extra grots

3 Grot Bomb Launchas
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Gothmog

Re: Drazki´s Rebels 1700pts
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »
Are all of your troop choices(such as skarboys) going to be grots aswell. I usually play a Grot Rebel Army.... and if you want to check out an unofficial codex, check out this one...http://www.rgmw.org/scifi/CODEX-GRETCHIN.pdf

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2007, 05:12:17 PM »
Everything except the Skarboyz is going to be grots in some way (even the tankbusta boyz and slugga boyz but that´s highly classified information at this particular moment). I´ve seen the codex and it seems good but I want to use this army at a tournament later.
What I want is critique at the list, not which units I have chosen to include ;).
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Gothmog

« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2007, 09:51:42 PM »
Oh...when you do play the army I would be glad to know how the play and any helpful tactics. I'm kind of new to the game... but not new to the hobby. By the way... if you do want to have an all grot army... you can make the skarboyz warhammer goblins because they are "stronger/bigger" than the 40k grots. If you want to add armour... I find that thin plastic tubing cut in half into little sections put on the arms looks good.
-Gothmog

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »
I´ve decided upon how every unit is supposed to be converted and so, it´s just the list that i´m having doubts about
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #5 on: July 9, 2007, 09:49:46 AM »
Right.....generic appraisal of the list:

HQ
Warboss Drazki Da Ruthless with Powerclaw, Slugga with Kustomjob Blasta, Attack Squig x2 and ´Eavy Armour
I assume he's joining a mob? If not, remember that the attack squigs make him a seperate (targetable) unit!

Big Mek Skrifim with Kustom Force Field, Superstikkbomb and ´Eavy Armour

What? No slugga or choppa?

Elites
20 Skarboyz w/ 3 Burnaz

I'm assuming the lack of a nob may be for fluff reasons - if not, get one. Otherwise, looks cool.

Troops
30 Grots; Slaver with Rokkit Launcha and Squighound x2
You get no benefit from two squighounds - if you want a second, take an attack squig, they bite harder.

30 Grots; Slaver with Slugga with Kustomjob Shootier, Choppa and Squig Hound

Youll fire the slugga once if you're lucky - kustom jobs are a waste of points.

30 Grots; Slaver with Choppa, Tankbusta bombz and Squighound

Slugga and choppa! Extra attack for a point!

10 Tankbusta Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launchaz

Good.

20 Slugga Boyz with 3 Rokkit Launcha; Nob with Powerclaw and Slugga

Very good.

Fast Attack
3 Warbuggies with Skorcha and Grot Riggers

2 Warbuggies with TL Rokkit Launchaz and Grot Riggers
Good.
Split up the Skorchas, though - if you have squadroned light vehicles, always, always split them up if you still have spare slots.

Heavy Support
Looted Basilisk with Indirect Fire and Grot Riggers

A basilisk shouldn't really be moving, it should be firing the big gun. However, grot riggers doesn't cost much, and is fluffy, so it's a rather minor waste of points.

2 Zzap Guns with 2 extra grots
Good but ultimately defensive - 24" range is annoying on static models.

3 Grot Bomb Launchas

Are you SURE these will be legal at the tournament? Really, really sure?
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #6 on: July 9, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »
I´ll write the answers in the order your comments come, still haven´t learned how to qoute good:

The Warboss is joining a mob.

The Mek is not meant for combat and I presume that he´s screwed if it happens so that´s why I didn´t take a weapon for him.

I would gladly add a Nob but according to my fluff I can´t.

Sorry, I wrote the list for another forum and there x2 means it´s two units.

The Kustom Job is because I didn´t know what to take else, i´m dumping it and getting a choppa for a Slaver instead.

Shouldn´t I split the Rokkit Launcha Buggie to make it more adaptable?

The Grot Riggers for the Basilisk is if a lucky hits makes it immobilised I don´t want to make 2 rolls destroy my gun, that and it´s fluffy :)

I´m thinking of changin the Zzap guns for Kannons since they have longer range and Ord.

The Grot Bomb is allowed at the tournament I play at, everything from Forgeworld except Flyers and Superheavy Tanks is. I´ve even called the arranger (old friend of mine) and he said they´re okey to bring but I need to explain the rules before the game.
Ancalla face mea laganum

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #7 on: July 9, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »
The Warboss is joining a mob.

Often the best way as it adds to survivability, but also means you don't have to shell out on stupidly expensive Nob bodyguards. As for the warboss, I personally can't stand custom jobs, but if it's fluffy and/or effective for you then go for it.

The Mek is not meant for combat and I presume that he´s screwed if it happens so that´s why I didn´t take a weapon for him.

Well, as I play a Mek only HQ speed freaks army I can tell you that this certainly isn't the case and with a slugga and choppa he can do quite well for himself. I also take a Bionik Arm and some other upgrades though.

I would gladly add a Nob but according to my fluff I can´t.

As I said before there are plenty of good reasons and for fluff is probably one of the best.

The Kustom Job is because I didn´t know what to take else, i´m dumping it and getting a choppa for a Slaver instead.

Yeah, a choppa adds much better combat options and a lot of the time you'll never even make the points back if you even use it.

Shouldn´t I split the Rokkit Launcha Buggie to make it more adaptable?

Personally, I'd separate them as you get that extra movement etc. and as you have the slot free it shouldn't be a problem.

The Grot Riggers for the Basilisk is if a lucky hits makes it immobilised I don´t want to make 2 rolls destroy my gun, that and it´s fluffy :)

Yeah, it can be usefull, but to be honest I don't see the point other than fluff reasons as it is never a huge advantage. If your playing an attacking basilisk and not just sitting behind cover it could be quite useful, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

I´m thinking of changin the Zzap guns for Kannons since they have longer range and Ord.

If your playing a tournament the kannons will probably be more usefull, but will limit the amount of anti-tank for most armies, but with this list shouldn't be a problem.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline ((MiniDooMarn))

« Reply #8 on: July 9, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
I´m thinking of dumping the Attack Squigs (Dammit I love those critters but then again if they mean less equipment then they´re gone) in favour of a bionic arm and choppa for the Mek, and then I can take advantage of the IC rule for my Warboss.

The Kustom Blasta Slugga may not be that great but for Xpts I can take down a wound from something nasty and then charge to finish it off.

The Choppa is going to the Slaver with Tankbusta bombz.

The Rokkit Buggies seems like they need some time apart ;).

For the low cost that Grot Riggers are I´ll keep it for the Basilisk.

It seems like i´m taking Kannons instead of Zzap Gun, the anti-tank power may be sick but the range is a downside and the Ord. sure does help against Guardsmen which i´ll probably play against quite some times.
Ancalla face mea laganum