News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 pt List with New Codex  (Read 2947 times)

Offline gvm

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Eldar
1850 pt List with New Codex
« on: April 26, 2015, 12:58:38 PM »
Based this on my model collection and want to try some but not too many new rules.
CAD:
HQ
Farseer
TROOPS
3 x Windriders
3 x Windriders
FAST ATTACK
5 x Warp Spiders
2 x Hornets ea with 2 Pulse Lasers
2 x Hornets ea with 2 Pulse Lasers
GUARDIAN STORMHOST:
Farseer with Spirit Stone of Anath'lan
8 x Storm Guardians 2 with Fusion guns, and 2 with Power swords
1 x Vyper
3 x War Walkers all Scatter Lasers
3 x Shadow weavers
WRAITH CONSTRUCTS:
1 x Wraithknight
1 x Wraithknight

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: 1850 pt List with New Codex
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:56:08 PM »
Might want to get an Exarch for small squads of warp spiders. They won't break and run from a poor morale check as as easily.

The storm guardians really need Warlocks, to shroud them, or wave serpents to move them into fusion gun position more safely. I would drop a Knight for the points. One of these squads could run flamers instead for some variation and extra infantry killing power. An Avatar would be great here if they stay on foot - but I assume you don't have one?

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:17:31 PM »
I will follow part ninja on most. But I don't agree on a few things.
1. No warlock, the primaris change from what read in the french book (might ne some traduction mistake), shrouded only apply to the psyker not the psyker and his unit.
2. You should drop a wraithknight just to avoid being to dirty >< but i guess you could say that it's not a real good reason. But at least i would try changing his equipment like going with sword or suncanon rather than straight double wraithcanon would force your opponents to target priority while the other one is perfectly free. I think. Not sure it would work aswell as i imagine it.
3. I would defenetly put an avatar in this list would be extremely good with your storm guardian. With his new rules that would do wonder.
4.I would take the hornet out for some crimson hunte because with your actual list, out of the saturation of your war walker you srly lack anti-air power in my opinion.
5. More vyper, more falcon. Jokes it's only because i like these units^^. But more srly i think vyper might find themselves some play time on my end seeing how cheap they have become.

There you go, here is my input.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline gvm

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 07:21:03 PM »
Just painted the 2 Wraithknights and the 4 Hornets they look good so I really what to play a few games with them.  I would have included an Avatar but it is no longer a HQ choice.  Shrouded applies to the unit if model has it BRB.  I want to try the Warp Spiders as they changed the Warp jump rulle to only lose a model on double 1 not any double.  Also the jumping in opponets phase will be fun.  Monofiliment wounding against I vs T will be big against Necrons, Orks, etc.  I do have 6 Hawks I can switch out in the future.  The 2 Farseers  should give me enough dice with the stone and their reroll to use the new Eldritch Storm in the Apoc size.  The storm guards with fusion guns and power swords are a cheap all arounder.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 07:59:52 PM »
Shrouded gets conveyed to the whole squad. Check the BRB wording. Also, it would be a horrible primaris otherwise....

Avatar doesn't need to be an HQ... You can still take one...

Yes, try the Spiders, however I suggest not using the special opponent turn jump unless you risk losing the entire unit and can get them out of line of sight. Otherwise they're not much use on your next turn. I don't see it as an ability that you should try to use, only something of you anticipated the wrong move.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 05:35:47 AM »
Looks like a nice competitive list, it's good as it is, but I think it can be tweaked with an Avatar and a warp spider exarch as have been suggested, I would also suggest that if you take the spirit stone of anath'lan you should be getting a bike too, as this will give your farseer an armour save with possible jink save when using the stone.

Here is how you could find the points for an avatar:
-Drop 2 walkers
-Drop 2 shadow weavers
-Either drop the stone of anath'lan, or downgrade one farseer to a spiritseer and give the remaining farseer a bike.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline gvm

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:38:35 AM »
Ok dropping 2 shadow weavers, the Warp Spiders,  the spirit stone, and the farseer.  Add Avatar, spirit seer, and singing spear.