News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: well, well well...  (Read 10705 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: well, well well...
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 12:16:58 AM »
So we're just going to ignore the reapers other fire mode that is better against vehicles then? Sorry, same S in one fire mode but not always. Not the same AP or damage (I'm not sure where you're looking). Either way, your comparison is way off.

Reaper low Strength fire mode is the same strength as the Immortal and the same AP, yes less damage, but you get 2 for the price of one Reaper ;)

It's not a great option but its one of the better all round options Necron have. Lychguard is still one of the cheapest ways to remove a tank in 1 round though, even when you add the cost of the transport, but once youve smashed 1 tank the othercan jsut avoid them, so that leaves C'tan's which are going to be a fire magnet.

Basically GW wants you to Horde it up. Fantastic against infantry, but umm yeah, not so great against tank swarms. Hopefully GW balances that out a bit with the codex... or prevents tank swarms.. or both..

« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 12:33:11 AM by magenb »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 12:57:15 AM »
I understand what your trying to say. As far as the transport, which one are you using? I'm gonna try and get my first game of 8th in this coming weekend so this info will help me decide what I'm going to take.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2017, 07:33:48 PM »
I found Nightscythes work well as a transport, its hard to hit and its weapons suck, so its threat level really depends on whats in reserves. Dropping Gauss blaster Immortal's into rapid fire range naaaaasty. If you are really lucky you can get them to flank cover your opponent is hiding in.

They also can work to deliver Lychguard, gret for taking out pairs of tank sitting next to each other.

I did find that I had to run them either in pairs or teamed with a Monolyth. If you have an expensive unit like Lychguard with a single Nightscyth, it becomes an uber threat.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2017, 11:49:44 PM »
Very nice. Night scythe is what I have in my list. Now I'll have to do a little creativeness to get lych guard in. Thanks
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 04:28:11 AM »
if you are up against Chaos, watch out, they have a psyker spell that does D6 mortal wounds to vehicles...

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »
oooooooooooh my!
Thank you Magenb. That was good advice, mate.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 08:34:05 AM »
Using a Deceiver allows you to redeploy that nightscythe. You can quite easily get turn one charges this way.