News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orktober Bully Boy Challenge  (Read 2872 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Orktober Bully Boy Challenge
« on: October 1, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
Well, at long last we come to it. The challenge to fight battles and krump everything, see them flee before us and hear the lamentations of their players.

:) Since the new Ork codex is rumored to be released this coming Febuwaaghry, we are going to fight battle now, and then again in the new codex.

:) What this means: You must fight battles with your standard list. Keep the list for future reference as you will use it again.

:) Pick any standard battle from the rule book. No special scenarios or special rules. Post your batreps on the batrep thread and post a link here on this thread.

;D If you can't do batreps, (she who must be obeyed won't let you spend that much time on the computer?) then post your list here and the list of your opponent and the basic results of the fight. Do not include points as we know these will change, just an overall kind of list, like "1500 points of Orks vs 1500 points of IG".

:) The goal here is to fight at least three battles under this current codex, then the same three (or more) battles again in Febuwaaghry to see if the orks got better or worse.

8) Teef will be awarded on your participation. 5 teef for posting your battle here, 15 teef for posting your battle on the batrep thread, 20 teef for batreps with pictures and/or graphics.

;D Just play your regular list, the same one you take to your LGS for regular games. This way when the new codex comes out you can use the same list again (or as close to it as possible) to test to see if the Orks fared well or poorly.

HAPPY HUNTING
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: Orktober Bully Boy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2013, 02:49:16 AM »
If the point is to compare old and new Codex lists, I guess using my Dread Mob (from the FW book) isn't really helpful?
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
Well, the rumors have it that the psudo dread mob will be in the new codex. I don't want to quote rumors, so to pass on what was passed on; dreads will be troops if you have a big mek and will be squads of 1-3. Now, this is completely unofficial, so if it comes to pass that this doesn't happen you can send your hate mail to a different forum that I will gladly give you. If it does happen, then of course I will take all the credit.  ;)

This means that if you want to post batreps using your dread mob, please do. Then if the new dex makes it possible to use a "codex legal" dread mob you can play again and see how they do.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:05:09 AM »
Well, I have managed a huge total of 0 40k games in the last 6 weeks. Guess others are in a similar position, but I still like the idea of doing this, and have at least one list I'd like to compare before and after. Any chance of making this an open-ended event, say with time to post until the new codex, and then a month or so after for comparison posts?

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:12:20 AM »
I'm pretty sure I have 2 tournaments before then so I should be able to get some games in. Only downside is that they are all low points levels.
I will see what I can do

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »
Well by popular request, I will leave this event open until the new codex gets released.  I too have only had one game the last month and due to "extenuating" circumstances didn't make it a battle report. I will endeavor to get at least one batrep in before the next holiday.

To sum up: This event will remain open to all who want to try their army now and compare it to the new version next year.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 09:19:18 PM »
I just went to a small tournament (with some beslubbered up missions) and I came second with my orks.
I will be writing up some battle reports (from memory) and posting them soon. The tournament was in a brewery so my details may be a little sketchy

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 07:59:25 PM »
Good times...  This might be the thing to convince me to get stuck in again! lol  I must admit I've been a little discouraged with my orks as of late...  I felt this way with our 4th edition book.  It just seemed at the time like everyone else had such awesome stuff and I was operating with old junk (and not the good stuff a mekboy can turn into something, but real junk! lol)

It's not that I can't have a great time playing, but it seems like against a skilled opponent, no matter how hard the boys fight, I'm still getting blown away by turn 4 or 5...  With limited cover saves, and everything so shooty these days, my boyz are kind of a one charge wonder with no staying ability for the late game! lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!